- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: vapexperience
- Price of the tested product: 54.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 30 watts
- Maximum voltage: 8
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.5
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The success of istick is pushing all manufacturers to the compact box market today. Pioneer is trying to make an entry with this IPV mini. 54.90 € for 30 watts, with replaceable battery the beginning and rather correct, even if a little above the cloupor mini for the price.
But where pioneer misses its target a bit is at the level of the size.
But I will not tell you everything right away, otherwise why go further?
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 40
- Product Length or Height in mms: 95
- Product weight in grams: 150
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Medium
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? Yes
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The numbers tell us, she is not that small!
Yes it is smaller than the IPV 2 but it is much larger than the cloupor, bigger and also heavier.
While this weight gives a feeling of strength, but the coating is of a quality just acceptable ... It is very fragile, its very smooth side does not reassure the clumsy like me who have the annoying tendency to let fall at least once , all their damn stuff, even those with anti-slip surfaces ... so imagine here ...
Yes, I say when you want you can manage to drag a precious mod, so when it is as smooth as an egg the risks are obvious to me.
Too bad once again pioneer4you peach in my eyes on the finish, only the buttons come to embellish the table.
These are perfectly adjusted and respond to the finger and the eye, and it's a real pleasure not to have a concert of maracas when you stir it a little.
- Type of chipset used: SX
- Connection type: Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of current vape power, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? Function possible via Mini-USB
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
A simple but complete box. Indeed everything is there, safety, simplicity, efficiency.
The Box delivers a pleasant, well regulated vape.
It starts up a quarter turn, the chipset a yihi sx 130 is more than satisfactory.
We find a PWM mode that seems useless but hey he is there.
On the other hand a function makes it possible to save five settings of different power, which makes it possible to adapt the power to several different atos to avoid the painful traditional adjustment.
His thirty watts seems pretty weak against the box of his template, but hey, it still works pretty well.
Last thing the autonomy is very correct.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Nothing exceptional, a cardboard box, a manual in English and usb cable.
Well it's a little more fun than the plastic box that ipv2.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Nothing to say either. It is rather classic, one finds easily its marks.
Getting started 5 clicks, fire button, +, - classic what.
Locking is simple and convenient you press simultaneously the plus and minus and hop locked, the automation is easy to acquire.
Managing power presets is simple, but recording them a bit more complex.
As I said before, the quality of vape is very good.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Subtank
- Description of the test configuration used: cotton micro coil 0.4 ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: my subtank micro coil cotton with the resistance that you want since it takes from 0.5 to 3 ohm
was the product liked by the reviewer: Bof, this is not the craze
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 3.8 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Yes we will think that I want this brand.
I understand it but hey, here at pioneer4you we have material of very good quality on the functional level.
But for me it's fishing quality materials: the aluminum still seems low-end, the coating will be just a little illusion, but it's still a good thing to come out of good products, and not to do a little effort on this aspect.
No this box is not enough "mini" to counter the two references in the sector, namely istick and cloupor.
But she does not demerit on everything. The spring connection is nickel, but beware of the ato with the air intake in the 510 pine.
Even if we find grooves for the airflow, they seem insufficient.
The quality of the buttons is very good no noise and that's good.
The quality of vape is great the yihi sx130 works nickel.
Presets memorized it's a little complicated at first but I found it not bad.
The screen is good, the mirror treatment is nice but in full sun ... we can not see anything.
In conclusion I will say neither mini, nor really big, this box has a hard time to locate, V2 more powerful versions should be better.
If you make the choice to buy it I think it will be able to satisfy you because it remains a good product.
Looking forward to reading you.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.