- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: the little vaper
- Price of the tested product: 69.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 70 watts
- Maximum voltage: 8.5
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
A small ergonomic box, powerful up to 70 Watts and compact with a single 18650 battery. The model tested with a smooth and black coating, but different colors exist for this IPV mini II.
It is possible to memorize 5 different powers on the interface so as not to have to go through all the values.
Up to 70 Watts by providing significant tensions, and that unless 70 euros, I was skeptical. So I checked!
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Product Width or Diameter in mms: 22 X 40
- Product Length or Height in mms: 95
- Product weight in grams: 150
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Medium
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? Yes
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
From an aesthetic point of view we can not say that it is very attractive but it remains correct and solid. I liked the smooth coating (it's a matter of taste), but obviously the fingerprints and the little strokes will inevitably mark this box.
Its ergonomic shape and small size with only 22mm wide 40mm long and 95mm height allows a very ergonomic maintenance.
The screen is quite wide and clear, simple and effective buttons.
I regret the two fixing screws assembly box that are too visible and unsightly. And the knob for opening and closing for housing the battery is not practical at all. Fortunately, it is possible to recharge this battery with the supplied USB cable to avoid handling this part too often.
We can also note that all the atomizers will Flush with this box thanks to its pin mounted on a spring very firm and perfectly effective.
- Chipset type used: SX330 V2c
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of current vape power, alphanumeric code diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The biggest functional flaw of the IPV Mini II is the closing of the accumulator slot, which means that it is a detail of its capabilities. A chipset "SX330" that provides power up to 70 watts and the ability to make power vaping with low value resistors: 0.2 ohm mini. All the necessary protections are present. You can also make power presets (5 memories) and finally, a USB cable is provided to recharge your battery without taking it out.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Can do better
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 2.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
A simplistic packaging, like the aestheticism of this "super box" that deserves better views of its technical possibilities ... But for the price, the key is to focus on its capabilities and not on its packaging.
It lacks however the details of the operation of the memorization, as well as an important information: What to use like adequate accumulator for this box?
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? weakly
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
When I used this box, I was impressed by the accuracy of the vape, smooth and continuous. From 10 to 25 watts, no sag. I changed the atomizer and built different resistances until power vaping: it is a full carton! Even at 70 watts, we have a consistent and powerful product. So I looked for defects ....
I opened the box and there, surprise. A perfect technical assembly, the used wires (the diameters) correspond very well to the powers that will be required. The welds are clean, the fixation of the electronics is perfect, the resins used are adequate and support the high temperatures and the self is powerful. In short, I took my multimeter to compare various tensions. Result: all voltages displayed are accurate to 0.1 volt near, and that to 10 watts or 70 watts.
Note however that at high power, the box heats a little and autonomy is restricted.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Rebuildable Genesys type metal mounting mesh, Rebuildable Genesys type mounting metal wick
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? The restriction this limit has a diameter of 22mm for the recommended atomizer, otherwise its capictés allows all types of atomizers
- Description of the test configuration used: Kayfun lite 1.6 ohm, Taifun 1.2 ohm, Magma dual coil 0.9 ohm, zephir dual coil 0.6 and 0.3 ohm,
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: There is no ideal configuration with this product that adapts to your expectations
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.4 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
To recap: We are on a box of simple appearance but compact and practical. His technique is perfect and the rendering of the vape is flawless.
All the securities are present and it also offers five power saves, which is convenient by changing ato.
I regret that the manufacturer has failed to give the type of battery used on this product because all 18650 accumulators are not suitable for this box. If you want to exploit the IPV as much as possible, prefer batteries like Efest 30, 35 or 38A, Subohmcell 35a, VTC4 or VTC5, vappower .... Thus you will be able to obtain autonomy and correct values.
I also did not find in the manual how to use the screen for the various options offered:
- 5 clicks on the switch => system on / off
- Press at the same time the "+" and the "-" => locking / unlocking system
When the atomizer is functional on the box, you can memorize the powers as well:
- Set the desired power using the "+" and "-" buttons
- Press the Switch twice, the brightness of the inscriptions becomes low. At this time, hold for 3 seconds the "+" to memorize this first value.
- Exit the memory function by pressing "-"
After setting the 5 values in memory, to select them, simply press twice the switch, then "+" (without extending the support), several times to find the value you want.
Looking forward to reading you.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.