- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The little vaper
- Price of the tested product: 74.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 75 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Pioneer4You expand the family of IPV, these famous boxes that are not present so much they are acclaimed by a large number of vapers.
The newcomer is named IPV D2, a compact box, equipped with a Yihi SX 130H chipset that displays a maximum power of 75 watts and manages temperature control with Ni200 and titanium resistive wires. Those who read me know that I am not a follower of this brand. Often their boxes work well but the finish always leaves much to be desired especially at the sight of the posted tariffs. So this IPV D2 will make you finally join the camp aficionados of the brand?
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 39
- Product Length or Height in mms: 76
- Product weight in grams: 125
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Medium
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Can do better and I'll tell you why
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, not the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? No
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 2.6 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
With Pioneer4You, it is often in this part that I release my sharp criticism on the quality of manufacture.
First point: the design. He is successful. The box is compact (much more than the IPV mini it replaces), the ergonomics are good, the rounded edge places it very well in the palm of the hand and the position of the buttons is classic but well thought out.
The buttons are all of good quality and do not suffer from any adjustment defect.
The box is aluminum and not zamac, which makes it heavier but gives it a more solid appearance.
The coating is not at the top, I want to say as usual ... The paint seems fragile, and significantly reduces the quality of the product. Pioneer does not seem inclined to improve the thing, what a pity! The rest was good and I admit that aesthetically the box I like, but really I do not understand why this brand does not correct its recurring defect. Note however that in its final version, a silicone skin is provided automatically, thankfully.
- Type of chipset used: SX
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a floating pine.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Temperature control of the atomizer resistors, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging by AC adapter delivered with the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
As said above, this box has a chipset Yihi SX 130 H which enjoys a good reputation.
Three modes of operation: a variable power mode and two TC mode (ni200, titanium).
In power mode, the resistance should be between 0,2 and 3 ohms. In TC modes, this value will be between 0,05 and 0,3 ohm.
In power mode, you can play the power of 7 75W, but note that with low resistances, the box will not always be able to sufficiently lower the voltage, because the electronics do not handle the stepdown.
In TC mode, the power is displayed in joules (unit of measurement used in thermodynamics that quantifies a thermal energy quantity), this is a bit confusing but to keep it simple, keep in mind 1 watt ~ 1 joule, which is physically wrong but which will allow you to apprehend without problem this small novelty.
No locking system of the resistance value but a kind of calibration by pressing + and - at the same time, so that the resistance remains fixed at the system level even if its value varies on the screen.
In terms of safety, the IPV D2 has the regulatory arsenal, note that Pioneer recommends the use of li-ion rechargeable batteries.
The reloading is done using a cable provided not to lose because the tip that connects to the box is not a micro usb but a kind of tubular socket which I do not know exactly the name.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The package is correct: a white box on which is drawn blue filigree box. Nothing super original but not enough to revolt. Inside, the box, the specific cable, the instructions and the silicone skin (essential for the fragility of the paint). The record is unfortunately not translated into French, it's nerd, but hey it's rather usual.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
This is the perfect score for this section.
Compact, the box will accompany you everywhere, it is much better than the IPV mini on this point. Its ergonomic shape is very nice.
Easy to use: even with a user manual in English, we do it. In spite of all this would be simpler with a record in French (it's just to say ).
As for the vape, no problem the chipset Yihi works well. The battery can easily be changed with the slide cover. Be careful though, because once is not custom, the positive pole is down, so the battery is put up so to speak upside down and I got myself the first time so we are conditioned by our habits.
In short a box rather pleasant for the daily.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Versatile so used your favorite ato
- Description of the Test Configuration Used: The V2 Resomizer 0,8 Resistance Ohm and 4 Resistance Tfv0,6
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Associated there with your favorite atomizer
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Pioneer4You therefore offers us a new version of its famous IPV.
The IPV D2 is a box well designed, compact and practical. The materials used seem to me progressing.
The chipset offers all the functions and security that are expected on a product in this range. The vape is very nice, electronics is doing its job. The temperature control with its adjustable power in joules is effective.
The battery is very accessible. Attention, do not lose the cable provided because the plug that goes to the box is not a micro USB plug, but a jack.
So I am partly reconciled with the brand. But please, Mr. Pioneer, make an effort on the coating, we still talk about a box 74,90 €. Competitors in this niche are more serious on this point even at lower prices. I admit that I have trouble with this aspect as I find it "con" to release a box that has everything to please but takes a scratch at the slightest stroke.
The choice is not lacking on this sector and, despite this defect, do not forget to put this IPV D2 on the list of your hesitations (me, now I have a list of hesitations so the market is flooded with boxes that me want to) because it remains a very good choice.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.