- Sponsor who loaned the product for the magazine: Acquired on our own funds
- Price of the tested product: 74.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 75 watts
- Maximum voltage: 8
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The IPV D2 is the replacement for the IPV mini with technical specifications revised upward.
But if, on paper, everything seems wonderful, in fact the picture is blackened yet.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 39
- Product Length or Height in mms: 76
- Product weight in grams: 131
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini - IStick type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Medium
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Can do better and I'll tell you why
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? No
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 2.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
If the D2 is well finished and assembled as a whole, Pioneer for You was still stingy on some points:
First, painting. We must believe that the problems in the field of mini LPI have not served as a lesson ... Pionner4You remained on the same process of painting and therefore the latter is of poor quality. The slightest scratch, the slightest addict and your D2 will inevitably be marked.
The second point concerns the charging system. In place of the traditional mini USB port, P4Y has stuck us an 2.5 jack. So, of course, they provide a USB / Jack adapter but still need to think about taking it with you.
And last, the one that will jeopardize your precious, 510 spring connection of very poor quality. Indeed, the connector moves from left to right and above all is not waterproof. I strongly advise you to use atomizer having an air intake via the connector 510 because if leakage there is, the e-liquid will fall directly on the electronics of the box with the consequences that we know.
- Type of chipset used: SX
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by the mod: Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from the atomizer, Battery polarity reversal protection, Display of current vape voltage, Display of the power of the vape in progress, Fixed overheat protection of atomizer resistors, Variable overheat protection of atomizer resistors, Atomizer resistance temperature control, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Equipped with the latest YIHI Cigar chipset, namely the SX130h, the D2 offers in addition to its classic power mode, NI200 and titanium compatible temperature control.
You will also enjoy a comfortable power since the box allows to go up to 75W in power mode and 50w in control mode temp.
In power mode, the D2 will accept resistors between 0.2 and 3ohms and 0.05 to 0.3ohm in temperature control mode.
Know finally, that the box has a limitation of intensity fixed at 25A and will be able to deliver at most 8V.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Quality packaging, you will be delivered with your D2: a silicone cover, a charging cord and a manual in the language of Shakespeare.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Too bad the D2 has so many imperfections because the use, it is very nice. Because of its small size and light weight, it will easily find its place in a jacket pocket or in Madame's bag.
Its maximum power of 75W will be very useful for the followers of dripper on the move to taste new nectars.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? No rules, it's as you wanted.
- Description of the test configuration used: Several ato test, hurricane, malavite, origen v3, expromizer.
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: No rules, it's as you wanted.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.1 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
An eye-catching physique and comfortable power, that's what this new D2 promises.
If we had to stop there, the D2 would surely be "The box of the year" but here, to want to make small price at any price (whatever ...), we botched the work, we choose inadequate components and especially uses elements of poor quality and dangerous for the longevity of the on-board electronics.
But despite all its faults and despite the fact that I find the price too high for the final quality, the D2 works very well and the SX130h chipset delivers a very comfortable power.
Its light weight and small size make it easy to grip and it will be forgotten in your pocket during your crazy shopping to catch the last metro (private joke).
You understand: despite all its faults, I like this little D2 ...
Hoping that P4Y us quickly a new version more accomplished.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.