- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Evaps
- Price of the tested product: 89.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 120 watts
- Maximum voltage: 7
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The brand Pioneer For You divides vapers. There are those, quite numerous, who adore his products and then there are the allergic ones. Each of course has its own list of advantages / disadvantages.
IPV 4S is not really a novelty. This is an evolution of the IPV 4 which had a nice commercial success. Unique changes are contained in a new version of Yihi chipset, the SX330-V4SN taking the place of SX330-V4S to add two new features: an increase in power that moves us from 100W to 120W and the possibility of use Titanium in temperature control mode. This is good but nothing transcendent if we consider that a firmware update would have resulted in a similar result. But do not sulk our pleasure, it's always won for the same price.
The box is powerful, rather oriented on power-vaping and uses two 18650 batteries of your choice (if possible sending 25A continuously). It practices the temperature control with an amplitude between 100 ° and 300 ° C and displays the value (adjustable) in Joule, which is not very practical, the simple adjustment of the temperature and the power, present all the two, would have been sufficient and allowed to arrive at the same result. Even if electricians or electronics will appreciate this more conventional unit, it will have the disadvantage of inducing further possibilities of error among the uninitiated people. For the record, we consider that 1J = 1W per second.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 29
- Product Length or Height in mms: 108
- Product weight in grams: 264.8
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, Brass, PMMA
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Medium
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Despite an immense effort of the brand in terms of aesthetics that I want to salute, unfortunately we find the old demons that are typical: black paint unreliable and durable, hood access to smart batteries but made of a plastic that does not says nothing good about the duration. When you have lugged your box in the sun and the plastic has acquired a rigidity conducive to the case, I doubt that the system still works. Pioneer 4 You use an excellent chipset, offers a neat form-factor, a very consistent machining and yet, saves on the paint and material of the only element that moves (and wears, therefore) on its mod . I find it incongruous. Pity.
For the rest, it's good. Despite its imposing size, the mod holds well in hand, the various buttons are practical and the famous hood, despite its material neither noble nor durable, is practical, hanging (for the moment) on spring-loaded balls that 'register in housing to block the establishment. The display is consistent on the screen. There are 10 good sized vents on the lower part of the mod that prejudge a well thought out aeration circuit.
The part of things between defects and qualities being difficult to do, I will say that I am rather optimistic when the life of the mod but I fear a possible degradation of the decoration and hood.
- Type of chipset used: SX
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a thread adjustment.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Display of current vape voltage, Display of current vape power , Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
We will first evacuate the (very small) problem of air regulation which is supposed to benefit the atomizers taking their airflow through the connection. We agree that this is not the majority and that these atos are not really fashionable anymore. But there is an air regulation on IPV 4S. Only, it does not go to the edges of the mod and therefore this regulation becomes ineffective from the moment you use an atomizer of diameter greater than or equal to 22mm. Well, that's not a big deal.
Aside from this slight detail, the features of the mod are very numerous and well thought out to serve its purpose. The necessary protections are present, the power is very high and remains perfectly effective for power-vaping, favorite playground of IPV 4S. The temperature control is present and therefore takes into account the NI200 and Titanium, despite the unnecessary complexity in my opinion (and that is only my opinion) setting Joule.
The interesting feature that distinguishes it from some mods similar lies in the possibility, that has long existed in P4You, perform power storages and so to appeal to the settings stored by changing your atomizer.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is very correct for this price range and does not take the consumer for a ham.
A pretty black cardboard box contains a very dense foam mod, a leaflet in English but very simple and supported even for those allergic to the language of Margaret Thatcher, a certificate of inspection that ensures you (yes, if, I you swear) that your product has been inspected, a card indicating what types of batteries are to be avoided (good point) and, finally, a USB / Micro USB cable that will be used to charge your mod without necessarily remove the batteries.
Well, nothing wrong.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Nothing works, needs a bag in a bandage
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use, this mod is really typed to vap high power. The maximum intensity is 25A output, the output of the current is steep in the sense that the power is there, directly, without any latency which is good but no plateau either, which creates a vape hard, more conducive to Gently awaken a dripper mounted in 0.3Ω by swaying 70W in the face to gently vaper on an RTA to 15 or 20W. But we can not say that the brand does not prevent this state of affairs. It is a mod made to "send". And, in fact, he sends!
No problem detectable for use over a few days, the mod works perfectly in situation and shows a good autonomy, even at high power. A good buy, undeniably, for cloud-chasing fans who do not want to take the lead with more complex mods to manage.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? All
- Description of the test configuration used: Taifun GT, Mutation X V4, Did
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Dripper sub-ohm
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.1 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Considering the goal of IPV 4S, it's a success.
We have a sporty mod, virile in its rendering and which hosts very low resistance. There is no deception on the commodity, to say the least.
Beyond that, the reliability of the mod does not seem to be questioned. Just that some elements could have been a little more neat to get a perfect finish and especially this damn painting that we feel that it will not take long. But, given the many qualities in terms of features, we can overcome this disadvantage and most DIYers will be happy to remedy this problem.
In the end, a good mod, which offers more than comfortable power for a moderate sum price for the category.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.