- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 69.90 €
- Product category based on sales price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 €)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 230W
- Maximum voltage: 9V
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The new series of Box Spy welcomes a newcomer. Joyetech offers us the Infinite Spy.
The "small" last is actually the most powerful of the series with its 230W under the switch. You can feed it with two 18650 or two 21700 or two 20700.
Modern design, color screen, games of light, this new production seems to have many assets to seduce the geeks. It is, of course, available in several colors.
69.90 €: the price seems reasonable especially that Joyetech still has a good reputation.
So, let's see this new high-tech toy made in China.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 33
- Product Length or Height in mm: 89
- Product weight in grams: 230
- Material composing the product: Steel
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decoration style: Universe movie
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top-cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.1 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The Infinite Spy adopts a decidedly modern style.
Its design is quite original with this large "glass" facade that protects the screen and its "tunnel" light.
It is quite imposing, 33mm x 49.5mm x 89, but its design allows it to maintain a certain elegance. We have to make a classic in the shape of its dual battery case, but on the front, a large hexagonal glass lined with a metal frame that stands out from the box's mass brings a very original touch.
Below, we find an inch 0.96 screen, it is surrounded by what Joyetech calls a light tunnel. The screen rests on a hexagonal relief plate which itself receives a raised frame of the same shape. A hollow separates them and the edge of the reliefs is dressed with led strips.
We find, on the thickness, the metal switch which also takes this shape to six sides. He perfectly fits the shape of this little side.
On the back of the box, the name Spy is in the sense of height, it is surrounded by two shapes that recall the prospect of a tunnel.
The 510 pine is in the center of the top-cap and is able to receive 30mm atomizers without the risk of "overflow".
The bottom, he receives the classic battery trap that is slightly slide to open. The housing of the batteries is clean, nothing to report abnormal under the hood.
The overall feeling is pretty good. As is often the case with Joyetech products, the level of quality is very correct.
To be clear, a rather pretty box, rather original, with a good manufacturing quality, quite consistent with the price displayed.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Battery polarity reversal protection, Display of the voltage of vape course, Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware, Adjustment of the display brightness, Messages of clear diagnosis
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? Lighting
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 30
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The new Spy offers, as we suspect, all possible modes of operation except the Bypass.
The variable power mode is capable of reaching the 230W (maximum current output 50A), the resistors must have a value between 0.05 and 3.5Ω.
The TC and TCR modes will be able to vary the temperature from 100 to 315 ° C. For this mode, the coils must have a value between 0.05 and 1.5Ω.
The chipset offers a bonus clock function and tunel effect lighting system configurable guaranteed fun !!!
The technical performance is on the switch side whose reaction time and 25ms, the shortest response time that the Chinese firm has ever presented.
Finally, the reload function is compatible with faster 2A chargers and it should be noted the presence of a load balancer between the two batteries. In principle, the function should be more efficient than usual.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
There is nothing wrong with the presentation proposed by Joyetech. A thin cardboard sleeve wraps a black cardboard box. On the top of the sheath, a photographic representation of the box which is highlighted by a set of bluish light reflections. On the back, we find as always, the contents of the pack, warnings and normative logos.
Under the sheath, a simple box, in which we find our box and a box containing the USB cable, both are wedged in a dense foam.
There is also a record translated into several languages including French.
Then, are hidden in the battery box, the two 18650 battery adapters.
A complete pack, presented in a very correct way.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
This new Infinite Spy is nice to use. Despite its size and weight, it remains very correct in terms of ergonomics, its specific shape and large switch offer good comfort.
Speaking of the switch, it is indeed very responsive, it almost instantaneously awakens the bowels of the beast spitting his pesky watts. The ergonomics of the controls is also quite correct.
I'm not a fan of the position of the +/- buttons, you have to use your thumb for everything or take the box with both hands to make adjustments. But the skillful gamers of their thumbs will no doubt be at ease.
The settings are easy to perform. There is just a shooter 3 once and context menus appear. We navigate inside using the +/- buttons and validate with the switch. Here, no choice of infinite vape adjustment, just what you need, except, of course, the settings needed to pace the tunnel's light cycles to your mood.
It is turned on and off by the traditional sequence of 5 clicks on the fire button. A single press will wake up the screen for a few seconds to tell you the time. The battery change is done without any difficulty, the flap that closes the housing of the batteries is very simple to maneuver. Autonomy is good especially if we use 21700 but, even with 18650, we are doing well. By cons, obviously, the size is too important for a double 18650.
The built-in charging function is quite correct, the batteries are recharging well and the autonomy seems to be related to the charge obtained.
At the level sensations, the box starts with a quarter turn thanks to this switch, the vape is frank. The box feels a certain velocity, there is no preheat function but the nervousness of the beast makes it almost forget.
Information to consider in this space is the ability to accommodate without overflow of good large atomizers, 30mm without problem.
A nice box especially if you like to be spotted in the dark.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? The one of your choice
- Description of the test configuration used: Associated with Billow V2 double resistance for a value of 0.3Ω
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: The box is very versatile.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Joyetech continues the expansion of this new line named Spy. This new version is the "beefy" of the band with its 230W.
Visually, we can say that it does not do in discretion. Indeed, our box imposes physically with its frank lines and massive but, despite everything, it gives off a certain elegance and indisputable modernism.
The front is the scene of a real light show, it is the tunnel effect that pulls in my opinion on the nightclub but it is well done and more, customizable at will.
On the contrary, his screen is almost discreet, it is small compared to the size of our box, fortunately it has a good definition.
The big satisfaction on this product comes from the switch and the reactivity of the chipset. Indeed, Joyetech has worked his teams to lower the reaction time to 25ms. So we have a box with velvety accents, when we shoot, the answer is immediate.
As for its use, we remain on something simple and easy to control thanks to the use of traditional commands and a clear and readable contextual menu.
To finish its ergonomics is correct, its autonomy is good and it has a great versatility.
A product that is doing very well, this line continues the good momentum made by Joyetech and I hope to find this new switch on the next models.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.