- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: EVAPS
- Price of the tested product: 59.9 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Mechanical without kick support possible
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Not applicable
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
For his presentation Unicig did things right. The box is hermetically covered with a thermobonded protection, as well as the mod. The box is gray, rigid foam. It suggests the object of your purchase by a hollowed sheet which covers it. Blue metallic markings indicate the manufacturer's coordinates on the back, as well as the name of the mod.
That's all and it's enough, for a reasonable price the packaging exists and it is not always the case of much more expensive equipment.
No notice in the box. This mod consists of 3 parts, it is not necessary. The concern to protect the object is in the material used and in the design of its packaging. You will need to remove the plastic film surrounding the mod and its box, it is not reusable.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Product Length or Height in mms: 95
- Product weight in grams: 104
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: On the bottom cap
- Fire button type: Magnetic mechanics
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 6
- Number of threads: 6
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
At the time of 200W boxes that give the time, the coil temperature and the number of puffs ... .. we are entitled to say that a simple tube with a top-cap and a switch does not really interest you.
Yet considering its price and quality of manufacture here is a tool that is well worth the few minutes you will spend to learn more.
First of all it is a mono-tube mod designed for 18650 batteries, satin black lacquered stainless steel (for the one I test). Its adjustable magnetic switch is made of stainless steel and copper (for the connector). The top-cap, in stainless steel and copper too, is equipped with 4 fins (heat sinks) which recall the famous dripper of the same name with which this mod is of course perfectly flush. The 3 main parts come together perfectly to offer the look a formidable uniformity.
No less than 18 degassing vents (2 X 9 on either side of the main tube) coincide with the air-holes of its originally dedicated dripper.
No lock for the switch which, in the waiting position, rests on a collar finely returned to the base of the bottom-cap, we can thus pose the set up without fearing an unwanted fire.
It is a neat product with successful finishes, and I have not said everything yet ....
- Type of chipset used: None / Mechanical
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a thread adjustment.
- Lock system ? No
- Quality of the locking system: None
- Features offered by the mod: None / Mod Méca
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? Yes technically it is able, but it is not recommended by the manufacturer
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Not applicable, it is a mechanical mod
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Do not rely too much on the note, it is a mecca, simple and effective. The connector settings allow all configurations of atos in 510, with any battery (flat or button top) 18650 which I must remember to comply with the maximum discharge capacity of at least 15 A for security reasons and not to say 20 A.
The magnetic switch is pleasantly regular and slides perfectly in its housing: no miss-fire on the horizon. It is not planned to replace the magnets of the switch because the step receiving the connection screw is stamped and matted in the mass of the nylon insulation (?).
The top-cap comes in 3 parts, the two copper parts are adjustable and provide the assurance that your fixtures will be perfectly assembled and will have the best connectivity.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Again, the note does not really reflect reality. Although there is no manual, this mod is for people already familiar with the vape in mechanics, having a good foundation in electricity. For the neophytes it is necessary to inform and what you will know then will be worth for all mods mecas. It comes in a packaging that provides protection against shocks, but is not to be considered useful for its transport in "nomadic" mode. It is the standard box of the manufacturer, anxious to preserve the material until the customer. Remember that a thermo-welded plastic packaging contains both the box and the mod.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In operation it's impeccable ... yes! This is the advantage of the mod mecha. The copper connections are absolutely effective, no lag pulse, it crackles live. The settings allow a perfectly flush configuration of the set. With its 155g accu included, it is present in hand but will be suitable for those who wish the autonomy and simplicity of the vape in 18650.
In use, remember to clean and polish the connectors that can (which will) oxidize without omitting the part in contact with the positive pole of the ato. This last recommendation is the only true obligatory constraint to profit durably from this mod. The lacquered finish (satin black) is prone to scratching and may show signs of impact if you hit or drop your set on hard and / or abrasive surfaces, this is the lot of many items such bills and we will not hold it to the builder. The settings are easily done by hand (the finger would be more accurate) including the depth of the positive pin receiver. No problem for cleaning it's a mecha.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? any type of ato in 510 between 0,2 and 3 ohm
- Description of the test configuration used: Xhmm 35A Sub Ohm Cell Battery drippers to 0,4 - 0,6 - 0,8 - 1 ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: 20A mini battery and drippers
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.2 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
You see that for a simple mod méca, this mutation deserves your indulgence .... A last detail that may be advantageous in unfortunate circumstances and fortunately very rare, the screw threads of the tube and caps are compatible, which allows to choose the position of the degassing vents depending on the direction where you inserted the accu, (degassing occurs most often positive pole side). I pushed him to 0,4 ohm and he did not warm up, he is expected to go down even lower. Another non restrictive advantage of the mecha: after a fall, a shock, and of course a good bath in water or coffee, it will work as before if you have returned to your equipment its dry and well assembled configuration d (so do the experiment with your box to compare ... ..) 😉
Solid and well designed, this is a mod that will last as long as you take care of it and will never fail. It adapts of course to all resistances. it is your responsibility to insert an appropriate battery. 3 looks are available: black, steel (stainless steel) and copper. With his "twin" dripper he is just perfect.
Do not hesitate to comment my conclusions and to communicate us yours.
see you soon.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.