- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: Evaps
- Price of the tested product: 59.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Mechanical without kick support possible
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Not applicable
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
We know Unicig well for his drippers. Very typical and prized by the power-vapers, they have the particularity to present a rather impressive rendering, both in steam and flavor, for a very low price when compared with the market leaders. To best accompany this range, it needed a mod aesthetically close and the manufacturer did not pray to make his own, assuming that it is never better served than by oneself.
Thus was born the first Indulgence of the name that I have the great pleasure to hold in my feverish hand, accompanied of course by a dripper of the brand.
The Indulgence is a simple mechanical mod, using proven techniques, available in black or stainless steel * and retaining the typical tariff deduction of the brand.
What can we expect from a mod to accompany a powerful dripper? Excellent conductivity, flawless security and comfort of handling. So this is all we are going to go through now.
* Some countries also offer a copper version rare enough to find.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Product Length or Height in mms: 96.7
- Product weight in grams: 145
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel, Copper
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: On the bottom cap
- Fire button type: Magnetic mechanics
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 6
- Number of threads: 5
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The first thing that strikes when taking the Muitation in hand is its light weight despite the use of steel as the dominant material: 145gr accu understood since I do not see the interest in communicating the weight without battery. . who vapes without accu? 😉
The finish is quite impressive compared to the price and, even looking well, it is difficult to find any fault. The threads are very flexible and silent, the assemblies between the different parts are quite consistent. I will emit only one small reservation, that of the holding in time of the black lacquer on steel. As such, this finish has no defect but some past experiences tend to show that this type of finish tends to scratch, flake and remove. But nothing allows me to say that it will necessarily be the case with the Mutation.
It seems obvious that the quality / price ratio is impressive here. 59 € for a mod mecan original, made with care, it is so unexpected that it should be school!
- Type of chipset used: None / Mechanical
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a thread adjustment.
- Lock system ? No
- Quality of the locking system: None
- Features offered by the mod: None / Mod Méca
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Not applicable, it is a mechanical mod
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 2.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Despite the low rating in the field of features, this mod still has it all for him:
- The connection points are all solid copper
- The 510 pad is adjustable to fit any atomizer and contains a screw to lock the battery in the tube / body.
- The switch stroke is adjustable.
- The switch is magnetic.
- For reasons both aesthetic and safety, the mod is equipped with 18 small vents that remind the airholes drippers of the brand.
- The conductivity has nothing to envy to mods much more expensive and the volt-drop of about 0.4 is low, although this measurement also depends on the battery used AND the atomizer used.
The negative points are two in number:
- The lack of a switch lock system is still handy when lugging his mod in a pocket or bag. It is a pity to have made this impasse that condemns the Mutation to stay at home or to be transported with care.
- The absence of air on the top cap that excludes de facto all the atomizers taking their air through the 510 connection. Even if they are rarer today, there are still people who steam on a first generation Squape for example and those can go elsewhere.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Can do better
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 1.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The mutation is delivered in a black cardboard box in blister. The box displays the brand, the type, an internet address and a point that's all. No records for beginners in mechanics, no security warnings. This is little. We can still console ourselves, in desperation, with the dense foam that will protect your purchase to your home!
Despite these scathing remarks, it is still difficult to be choosy about this Spartan packaging compared to the price at which the mod is sold. As some say: "we do not go with the box!" That's exactly right. But we do not walk with the boxes of our shoes but we appreciate to buy them in !!! 😈
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Ok for a side pocket of Jean (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use, this mod is pure happiness. It is suitable for all atomizers in diameter 22 or less. Its good conductivity makes it available for a large panel of resistors. He goes down in sub-ohm (within the limits of the possibilities of your battery, do not forget!) trouble-free and equipped with a battery with high current of constant discharge, you can taste the joys of power-vaping without any mechanical problem interferes in your vape.
However, it will be necessary to pay attention to the transport for the reasons mentioned above.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 3
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Rebuildable Genesys type metal mounting mesh, Rebuildable Genesys type mounting metal wick
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Any type of atomizer, from wild dripper to sub-ohm clearo through a rebuildable sub-ohmic resistance.
- Description of the test configuration used: Mutation + Mutation! But also + Change, + Origen
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: It is so beautiful with a dripper of the same brand !!!!!!! Rhhhhaaaaa Lovely ...
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.3 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Very nice shot of the brand with eighteen holes that is "birdie" with this mod!
Indeed, we can not blame him in its operation or in its finish. The biggest problem only about the lack of lock switch. Otherwise, for the rest, it is impeccable and, in its tariff sector, this mod does not have many competitors who can make him a shadow. To occupy this segment of range with brio is not an easy thing because the constraints of cost become quickly worrying but Unicig did not procrastinate on the quality and in finality, it is the only thing which counts.
An original set-up complete with a V4 dripper of the same brand is less than 80 €. Who says better?
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.