- [/ if] Price of the tested product: 13.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Entry level (from 1 to 35 euros)
- Atomizer type: Clearomizer
- Number of resistances allowed: 2
- Type of resistance: Owners hard to rectify
- Type of wicks supported: Silica
- Quantity in milliliters announced by the manufacturer: 3
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
A clearomiseur of beautiful capacity at a very correct price. Already a little old but not necessarily totally outdated in terms of performance.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 19
- Length or height of the product in mms as it is sold, but without its drip tip if it is present, and regardless of the length of the connection: 48
- Weight in grams of the product as sold, with its drip tip if it is present: 50.1
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel, PMMA
- Form Factor Type: Vivi Nova
- Number of component parts without screws and washers: 6
- Number of threads: 4
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Number of O-rings, Dript-Tip excluded: 0
- Quality of O-rings present: None
- O-ring positions: No seals
- Capacity in milliliters actually usable: 3
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.1 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Given the tariff positioning, there is not much to complain about this clearomiser. The finish is very correct. Even in sustained use, "plastic on metal" threads do not deteriorate. The product is reliable over time, which is rare enough in this category of material to be reported and remains the best indicator of consistent machining and finish.
It should be noted that this clearomizer had a predecessor, IClear 30 whose finish was largely less accomplished.
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive pad of the battery or the mod on which it will be installed
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes, but only fixed
- Diameter in mms maximum of the air regulation possible: 2
- Minimum diameter in mms of the air regulation possible: 2
- Positioning of the air regulation: From below and taking advantage of the resistances
- Spray chamber type: Chimney type
- Heat dissipation of the product: Excellent
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The product is functional while remaining very simple. But note the following points to use it knowingly:
1. The air intake is via the 510 connection and therefore requires a battery device equipped with air intakes so as not to block the air circulation.
2. The 510 connection is not adjustable. However, it works on most Ego or Mod batteries but may be a problem on 510 female connections that are too deep and non-adjustable. Make sure your hardware is compatible.
3. I indicated 2mm for the air regulation but, given the position of the air intakes, it is necessary to temper this figure. It does not get the same ventilation with a rebuildable open 2mm. This is not serious in itself but lovers of very airy flow will probably be taken aback by the rendering is rather tight. (without excess)
- Type of attachment of the drip-tip: Owner but passage to the 510 through a supplied adapter
- Presence of a Drip-Tip? Yes, the vaper can immediately use the product
- Length and type of drip-tip present: Medium
- Quality of the present drip-tip: Medium (not very pleasant in the mouth)
Reviewer's comments on the Drip-Tip
A proprietary stainless steel drip tip is provided. It has the particularity of being rotatable and being able to be positioned of bias or right, to your choice. Subjectively, I'm not a fan of its shape which is quite wide in the mouth and unpleasant but it can be unscrewed and replaced by a drip tip 510 third. With a small flat, all 510 drip-tips do not fit. Some do not fit because their joints are too thick, others, conversely, will be too narrow and will not hold well. But, with a little research and if we are not satisfied with the rotating drip, we find nevertheless quite easily.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The plastic box, a classic at Innokin, presents correctly for an object of this price. It may be regrettable the absence of a second resistance offered to perfect the kit as well as a summary notice, always appreciated by beginners or confirmed.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with mod of test configuration: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Filling facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change resistors: Easy but needs to empty the atomizer
- Is it possible to use this product throughout the day with several vials of EJuice? Yes perfectly
- Was there leak after one day of use? No
- In the event of leaks during tests, descriptions of the situations in which they occurred
Note from Vapelier on the ease of use: 4.6 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In daily use, this clearomiser is particularly stable and robust. It does not leak and is light and practical. The filling is very simple, just unscrew the top cap and fill. Without disconnecting the clearomizer from the battery nor having to reverse it. It is clear that this product has been designed not to cause unnecessary problems of use. The resistance is easily changed even though it requires the emptying of the liquid and offers a comfortable life. It is easy to clean and you can do a post-rinse dry-burn to restore color.
Recommendations for use
- With which type of mod is it advisable to use this product? Electronics AND Mechanics
- With which mod model is it advisable to use this product? Any device offering power or voltage adjustment.
- With which type of EJuice is it advisable to use this product? I do not recommend it for 100% VG fluids
- Description of the test configuration used: Innokin Itaste VTR + Iclear30 s + various liquids between 80 / 20 and 50 / 50
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: This clearomizer requires a battery with voltage or variable power to give its best.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 3.9 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
It's a good clearomizer!
Even if it starts to date, its quality of steam, it does not age of one iota. The rendering, although less tight than its predecessor Iclear 30, is not the most airy but allows a nice appreciation of flavors. The temperature is warm / hot, depending on the power and the volume of steam is far from ridiculous.
It has undoubtedly been exceeded since its birth by the competition on the functionalities, the aesthetics or the finish but its reliability and its constant rendering ensures it a long life in the very moving world of the vape. Too often, it is fairly systematic to think that a new material is necessarily better than an old one. But sometimes, when one relies solely on one's taste buds and beyond strictly commercial arguments, one realizes that this is not always the case.
In the end, despite its age, this clearomizer is still in the game. But to be quite exhaustive, I want to point out that its consumption of e-liquid rises quickly if you push the power and it will be content with liquids in 50 / 50 max to work at its best. In the same way, it will obviously not be possible to reach power levels equivalent to those which the reconstructible atomizers can collect. But this level will still be high enough to make a foothold to some clearomiseurs more current and two to three times more expensive. Used at 13.5W on a VTR Itaste, it sends a lot anyway!
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.