- Sponsor who loaned the product for the magazine: Acquired on our own funds
- Price of the tested product: 90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 euros)
- Mod type: Electronics with voltage and variable power
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 15 watts
- Maximum voltage: 6
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.6
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Innokin presents the 2 version of this mod for almost two years now on the market.
It comes in two colors: Chrome and "Jungle" ... say Kaki 🙂
What is the 1 version of the 2 version?
Through a simple detail that makes all the difference: The 510 connection base placed under the ring was ROTATIVE for the UN version.
The TWO version is equipped with a FIXED connection base ... I know what you are going to think, they could have simply indicated it on the box ... I share the point with you 🙂
Although relatively old, and unlike its competitors, the product remains on sale at the largest shops, such as our partner's little vaper.
If the legendary form (the form factor) does not change ... and for cause it alone makes all the appeal of this product that does not look like any other, this new version has the characteristic of supporting the Sub-ohm, or resistors whose value is less than one ohm ... of 0.6 ohms and beyond as indicated in the commercial specifications.
Through this update, Innokin offers to afficionados of his mod, the possibility to use their reconstructibles favorites and go to the hunt for clouds!
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22.2
- Product Length or Height in mms: 106
- Product weight in grams: 360
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel
- Type of Form Factor: Side Box - Innokin type VTR
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? Yes
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Excellent I love this button in every way
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Let's say it's a BRICK! even a handgun!
360 grams, it's very heavy in a pocket ... but ... what a look! what quality!
All steel, the product exudes quality, strength.
The FIRE button is metal, perfectly adjusted, it makes NO noise.
The adjustment knob and the selection knob at the center are the same.
Nothing to say, it's a faultless ...
If our protocols do not give it the maximum score, it's simply because we have tested the chrome version, which to us is the sexiest, but by nature is sensitive to fingerprints ...
- Chipset type used: 40 Hz
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive atomizer pad if it allows it
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff, Clear diagnostic messages, Indicators of operation
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 19
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The voltage of the VTR can vary from 3 to 6 volts.
Its power from 3 to 15 watts in increments of 0.5 watt.
Voltage and power are adjusted through the rotating ring that overcomes the VTR.
In the center of the ring is the selection button that allows to switch from variable voltage mode to variable wattage mode ... not to forget to ask the mod kindly give us the value of the resistance of the atomizer which it is equipped.
As we mentioned in the introduction, the 2 version of the VTR allows the sub-hom, and a start from 0.6 ohms.
Be careful nevertheless to the limitation of the amperage, which although respectable (5 amps) will limit the power of vape for the lowest resistances.
Important point to note, if the mod has a chipset running at 45 hz (vape smooth), the output calculations of the power are in RMS and RMS ONLY ...
The "bottom cap" to replace the accumulator is valve type ... whose use is super nice.
Yes but ... there is a but ... alas (or not), the unique shape of the VTR is also due to the INAMOVIBLE ring which it is equipped on the side.
The latter will prevent you from using any atomizer more than 19 millimeters in diameter, and that is why an adapter, allowing to position the atomizer higher than the ring, is provided.
Let's just say ... it works, but used in this way the VTR will not be noticed by its beauty, but rather by its ugliness (for me) ... It is therefore, the impression to vape from the antenna of a walkie talkie ... in short, personally I have never used it outside.
The use of this adapter will contrario MANDATORY for all drippers, if one wishes to be able to do the sub-ohm with the VTR.
In this case and in this one only, it does not bother me to look ridiculous in my living room ... nobody sees me, except my cat ...
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
It is a faultless ... maximum rating!
Superb box ... a pretty little briefcase, including the mod:
- An adapter for atomizers over 19 millimeters wide, or for those with EGO connectivity.
- An IClear Atomizer 30S (a review on this super atomizer is available on our site as indicated below)
The manual includes French ...
Everything is there, no criticism is possible.
It's Innokin and it shows.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for a Jean back pocket (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In situation of mobility the VTR is of a facility of disconcerting use.
Recall that the change of accumulator does not erase the configuration of vape, which is very significant.
The product does not heat, even in sub ohm, and in a standard configuration (1.5 ohms) the management of the battery offers a full day of vape, or even more.
Here is another very good point for the VTR.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? All models of atomizers whose diameter is less than or equal to 19 millimeters ... yes you have read, TEN NINE! The presence of the ring will prevent the placement of any other product that does not conform to this dimension unless you use the supplied adapter.
- Description of the test configuration used: Vivi Nova, Iclear 30S, IGO L (with adapter)
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Iclear 30S
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
Link to a public video review - Rip Trippers
The mood ticket of the reviewer
We love it or we hate it, but the VTR never goes unnoticed!
Its unique shape, makes it a unique product, and beautiful (at least for me).
Its manufacturer Innokin has provided all the features expected for a mod of this price range by adding in this new version the sub-ohm support.
The ring remains present, and if it prevents the use of atomizers of more than 19 millimeters it participates in 100% to the unique look of the VTR.
To help you manage the list of atomizers that can equip your VTR a list of compatibility with these famous 19 millimeters is available (in English) by clicking HERE.
Nevertheless to my eyes and my taste buds, the best atomizer to accompany the VTR is the one that comes with the latter, namely Iclear 30S, able to vape all the juice you give it, while providing a very dense vape and tasty. As such, a review of this legendary atomizer is available on our website: HERE.
If the product is very (very) good, it is still a bit expensive for a 15 watts. The current market is that its price deserves a drop from 20 to 25 euros, but even at this price it sells and sells well ... proof again of its quality and that it seems to be the "fair price" for not have a modal look with a hackneyed look.
Do I recommend this product: Yes without hesitation.
Finally, know that a "holster" for the VTR exists, made of leather and manufactured by innokin, it will allow you for twenty euros more, to place the 360 grams of MOD on your belt.
You will have seized it, this product targets the male audience (albeit ...) proud to show its difference by wearing thus this particular mod, and which to date has no equivalent.
Looking forward to reading you.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.