- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: TechVapeur
- Price of the tested product: 90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? Yes by adding a specific tube included in the packaging
- Maximum power: 20 watts
- Maximum voltage: 6.5
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.5
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Innokin has always released interesting mods for a good price. The first SVD of the name had been a real bestseller at its release and even if it was not free of defects, it is clear that it could rejoice a generation of vapers with a vape considered at the time as very interesting.
Here is the V2 of the same SVD that probably comes at the worst time as fashion is now the generalization of box format and the race to power. However, this mod has strong arguments to make when choosing a daily mod, easy to implement and reliable.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 25
- Product Length or Height in mms: 143
- Product weight in grams: 212
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Brass, PMMA
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 5
- Number of threads: 3
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Compared to its parent, the SVD 2.0 is making a huge leap forward. Tubular in shape, it does away with the telescopic approximation of its ancestor by proposing two tubes supplied which allow to have the choice between a mod 18650 and a mod in 18350. The finish is good, brushed stainless steel and mod is its weight but is quite usable in everyday life without effort. The threads do not squeak, the connection elements are brass. The bottom cap does away with the eternal naked spring to offer instead a brass contact that is itself installed on a spring hidden by a black plastic. The top cap is removable and another top cap provided provides an Ego connection, always useful when used with clearomizers. Everything breathes a good solidity.
The look is classic, sober, very inspired by older generations of mods despite the bulging aspect in the center of his body. This is not a flaw but it may be a hindrance for some looking for a more modern looking mod.
The switch is exceptional because its race is specifically short and its use perfectly silent and soft. Some may blame him probably to be little prominent compared to the body of the mod, which may indeed interfere initially for tracking but we get used to it very quickly and the flexibility of its operation will delight the most reluctant. We are far, far from the approximate switch of some electro mods, which turn on themselves, are hard to excess or lazy to cry. Here, the good finish is nested in the details and the switch does not escape.
The only fault that I personally find, although I admit that there is also a question of taste is its size. Indeed, it is long. A bit too long. It does not deter compared to a Vamo at its height ... By cons, I appreciated the diameter of 23mm top cap that makes it compatible with a multitude of atomizers in 22 and 23, which is still quite rare for an electro tubular mod. Friend of the Flush-Attitude, take out your Expromizer and other Taifun, this model befits them like a Cinderella glass slipper.
- Type of chipset used: DNA
- Connection type: 510, Ego
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors
- Accusability: 18350,18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The big leap forward continues here compared to the previous generation. Indeed, Innokin worked with Evolv to adapt their flagship chipset, the DNA20, to the SVD. So, of course, we can object that Evolv has since released a DNA 30 and even a DNA 40 but the fact remains that the DNA 20 chipset is still in the game and has a big rib in the community through the quality of its smoothing and reliability that is proven and recognized since its release. Just remember the prices of the mods that were out there a year ago and you'll see how I did that the SVD 2.0 becomes a great deal ...
So we are not on mod discount but rather on an object that capitalizes on safe values and which plays the card of sustainability rather than that of innovation. Also, we understand that the function of the object is not to seduce the most geeks of us, in search of a great power or curious about any technological evolution but on the contrary to satisfy the consumer who vape to a power between 10 and 20W, which is objectively the case for a large majority, ensuring a vape of high quality rendering, stable, autonomous and delicious. The chipset favors indeed a generous and accurate rendering to express all the flavors of an e-liquid with the help of a quality atomizer.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Still no French menu of Chinese notices but it is the only fault that I find in the packaging. Indeed: two tubes for use in 18350 and 18650, an extra top cap for use in Ego, a lace carabiner, a battery charge tester and a hard and practical bag to carry everything ... it's the jackpot! An exemplary packaging that cleverly justifies the price of the mod. Indeed, if we count (on the ladle) an optional tube to 10 €, an optional top cap to 10 €, a satchel to 10 €, a tester to 5 €, we get 35 € as a bonus for a total price of 90 €. Draw a parallel with certain brands that provide you with the minimum subsistence, in the same range of power and quality of vape for a price multiplied by two, add the bonuses offered here and optional at home and you will get a much bigger price . It may be objected that the metal is thicker, the finish is better and other very real arguments that I do not think to deny but it does not devalue our SVD 2.0 which displays a quality / price particularly interesting.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Nothing works, needs a bag in a bandage
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
No problem on prolonged use ... The chipset is of exemplary stability, the body is solid and the vape does not falter at any time. In addition, the cut-off is particularly long (25 seconds). The autonomy remains good but not exceptional. It must be admitted, however, that I have been more vaping towards 20W than towards 10w ....
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 3
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A classic fiber - resistance greater than or equal to 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, Rebuildable Genesys type metal mesh, Rebuildable Genesys type mounting metal wick
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Any atomizer or clearomizer having a minimum resistance of 0.5Ω and a diameter of less than 23mm.
- Description of the test configuration used: SVD + various drippers, SVD + Taifun GT, SVD + Expromizer
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: I admit having particularly liked it with the Expromizer .... But many configurations are possible ...
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Very nice surprise! I who had not really appreciated the first SVD of the name, I admit to have been pleasantly accompanied by the 2 version for a few days of intensive vape. Obviously, this mod is not made for power users or vapers looking for power or new technologies but it offers the great merit of bringing into a finally consistent rate a chipset that many considered there is a few more months like the Holy Grail of the vape.
Too big and endowed with an aesthetic "old-fashioned", the SVD 2.0 is probably not the sex symbol of the year but the quality of its manufacture, the completeness of its packaging and the quality of its vape to very common powers puts him as a serious candidate at the time of the purchase of a beautiful mod at a price respectful of the consumer. The guarantee is 6 months, which is little in the absolute but remains higher than a large majority of its competitors.
In short, a timeless classic to serve you. Not pretentious, not "hype" but a nice tool for a daily vape of high quality.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.