- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: TechVapeur
- Price of the tested product: 90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 euros)
- Mod type: Electronics with voltage and variable power
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 20 watts
- Maximum voltage: 6.3
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.5
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The tariff positioning places this mod in the high end.
It has a power range from 5 to 20 watts.
The SVD 2.0 Itaste supports sub-ohm starting from 0.5 ohms.
It supports 18350 and 18650 accumulators as well as 510 and EGO atomizers through two tubes and two top-caps.
It exists in matte and black steel.
But above all, above all, the SVD2 has a custom 20 DNA chipset for the needs of Innokin by the EVOLV teams (the manufacturer of the chipset).
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 25
- Product Length or Height in mms: 143
- Product weight in grams: 212
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Copper, PMMA
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Excellent I love this button in every way
- Number of parts in the product: 5
- Number of threads: 3
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
We are far, far from the first version of this mod ... we remember for two reasons:
1> A unique form, as often at Innokin (see picture above)
2> A quality of manufacturing more than approximative, which made the cabbages of the various forums of vape there are still two years ... (one refilait the tricks and acts of "repair" this mod at the same time effective).
It is so far, that the only question I ask myself is why? Why did it take so long to release this new version?
Let it be said, the Itaste SVD 2.0 is a mod with impeccable manufacturing quality, who has nothing in common with his distant big brother that the name.
- Type of chipset used: DNA
- Connection type: 510 - via an adapter, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Battery polarity reversal protection, Display of vape time of each puff, Fixed protection against overheating of resistors atomizer, clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18350,18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Itaste SVD 2.0 is equipped with a UNIQUE version of DNA 20 from EVOLV.
Unique, because modified for Innokin's needs, this version of DNA 20 offers protection against reverse polarity, as well as the "Step Down" function ...
For the record, none of these functions are available on the DNA 30 or the DNA 40 ...
Let's go over the protection against reverse polarity (which allows the chipset to avoid grilling if you accidentally insert the batteries in the wrong direction) ...
The Step-Down function deserves our full attention because it offers the chipset the ability to deliver less power than is available from the battery ... which is just perfect for the sub-ohm.
All the display functions are available from the beautiful OLED screen that accompanies the DNA 20, and to finish the maximum puff time is 25 seconds ...
The support of the various types of batteries will be done by the installation of the lower tube ad-hoc (among the two accompanying the product).
The Itaste comes with two heads (top-cap), one dedicated to the atomizers 510 the other to the Ego.
In one case as in the other, the positive pad is gold plated, and always spring! PERFECT !
On paper as in fact, the Itaste SVD 2.0 has everything to please ... the only reason I see as for its lack of visibility on the market is its form (its form-factor), tubular in an ocean of box of all sizes ...
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The Itaste SVD 2.0 comes in a beautiful box ego-reinforced type, to insert all parts of the product.
But in addition, this pocket is equipped with a battery tester whose use becomes absolutely essential once you've tried it.
The idea is so good that I wonder why no other manufacturer (to my knowledge) provides this type of tool in its carrying case.
Our protocols grant the product "only" 4 / 5 because the manual is not francisé ... otherwise we would have, once again, been faced with a faultless!
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Ok for a side pocket of Jean (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
A bit heavy with an 18650, but nothing to complain about in a mobility situation, beyond its weight that prevents it from being stored in the inside pocket of a jacket, this mod is a rock, easy to use copy.
NOTE: By testing it in sub-ohm (0.5) with an 18350 and the latter only, Itaste asked me to check my battery a fire on three ... why? I do not know, it's as if he found that my battery (yet loaded block ...) could not hold on the length (which is normal sub-ohm for this type of battery). I did not find anything in the manual, and I did not find anything on the net that explains the phenomenon ...
No worries in 18650 configuration, or in 18350 and a standard resistance ...
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? All without worries.
- Description of the test configuration used: Kanger T2, Kayfun, Taifun, Orchid, Aerotank Giga, Aerotank mini
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Aerotank mini, Subtank, or my favorite Kayfun 3.1 ES
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
I like this mod, I love it.
Its modular design (the two tubes and the two top caps with gold-plated stud ... on spring ...) make it possible to use it with all possible atomizers.
Its sub-ohm features add drippers to an already long list of possible configurations.
Whether it's his thread worthy of a provari or pipeline, its beautiful screen, or its chipset and its vape as smooth as the rule of my math teacher, this mod at all to please.
Do not ask me why he did not make more noises on the market ... except a frenzy for box office, I do not see, and I do not understand.
Whether you are beginners or expert vapers, this mod will be able to accompany you everywhere and for any style of vape.
I highly recommend it, for 90 euros, it will surely be a faithful companion.
Looking forward to reading you.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.