- Sponsor who loaned the product for the magazine: Acquired on our own funds
- Price of the tested product: 199.9 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Electro-Mech - Mod with electrical switch (Silver Bullet for example)
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 180 watts
- Maximum voltage: 6
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
After the little bomb that was the 2.1, here is the highly anticipated Hexohm V3 Craving Vapor, which finally arrives on our territory. Many new features for this version which is more powerful than the previous one. Is this really the case? We will see that further down, point by point.
The engravings are deeper, the quality of the coating is exceptional.
As for a box or a small box, do not think, the box is always delivered in bubble wrap. We can still say that she is protected ... no? Smile…
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 50.5
- Product Length or Height in mms: 104
- Product weight in grams: 277
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.7 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
It feels good improvements: if the case is still zinc alloy, the four corners are much more rounded than the previous version. Finally, the magnets allowing the maintenance of the back cover hold much more firmly ... and that's very good!
As can be seen, the tabs allowing contact with the batteries have been replaced by spring pads that should be less fragile than before (many of us ended up with broken legs on previous models).
Once in place, the batteries overflow slightly, but the back cover is machined so that it does not interfere and when it is closed, everything is perfectly flush.
Another visible innovation, the hood removed, the proprietary chipset is perfectly protected ... nothing is visible. Under the engine cover finally ... a much cleaner interior ... less craft ... everything exudes quality!
Finished smooth anodized coating, here it is porous. Weird at first, but we get done quickly. Only a durability test over time will tell us how this new coating supports key scratches and other blunt objects that we may have in our pockets or bags.
Finally for the physical feeling, the pine has been modified and is therefore flush with the box, which may cause scratches because of the atos, because in addition to being flush with the box, its diameter is also smaller. I find it a shame to have modified this part. With the previous model, we had the top of the box protected by the initial "fat daddy".
The typography, meanwhile, has also undergone a facelift, we like it or not ... personally I find it very successful!
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Mechanical
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Protection against reverse polarity accumulators
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 26
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The features strictly offer what the box is intended for. Using the potentiometer on the side, you can regulate the output voltage that suits you best. Another novelty on the V3, the potentiometer is on the switch side. The variable voltage goes from 3,27 V to 6,05 V for a max power of 180W. Thus, with 0,20 Ω resistance, your batteries will release 30 amps. Make sure you have the right batteries and if not, buy a new pair that will be dedicated to your precious. Also remember to recharge them, so be sure to have a dual battery charger ... it will be much more convenient!
With this small chart, you can see how to position the potentiometer according to the value of your resistance.
The cloth headband with the logo of the brand for the removal of the batteries is always present, it can be removed without damaging them.
Another BIG new, an ON / OFF switch is present under the back cover. It will put the box in OFF position to transport it safely. Not very practical, I grant you, but I think that a button visible on the box itself would have spoiled its aesthetic side. He is here and that's good. You can never be too careful about security.
The rear cover has also been reviewed. Indeed, on the four sides of it, there is a small slot which allows the removal of the hood by any side.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: No
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? We make fun of us!
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 0.0 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Conditioning? Can we talk about it when nothing is present? Ben no ^^
No box, no instructions. Only bubble wrap serves as protection. Good for once, it protects pretty much. For the price, I think that we are making fun of us.
Sure, nothing forces us to buy, but when you want, a small box or even a record is not unpleasant to have in your hands.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
It's a super responsive and powerful box. Make sure you have the right knowledge of resistances. Several small applications exist, for example: You can consult it by clicking here.
Otherwise, if in your town or village, there is a good shop, do not hesitate to go see the salesperson so that he or she can help you in your learning.
Battery level, be sure to have minimum 30 amps. If this is not the case, you will have to go get some if you want, safely, enjoy all the power of the box ..
With this box, you will not be left autonomous level, with a vape 60% of the potentiometer so 4,55V and resistance to 0,20Ω, the power of vape is 103,5W, but I was able to spend the day without looking for a catch current.
The calculation of W is simple, you do the following calculation: V * V / R. so volts multiplied by volts divided by the value of the resistance and you get the power in W.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? The one that suits you best with a minimum resistance of 0,20
- Description of the test configuration used: Limitless RDTA plus single coil resistor in 0,45 fused
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Prefer the sub ohm from 0,20
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
This is a real evolution that we released Craving Vapor on this model, I am already conquered and I think that all the fans of this box will be just as much as me.
It should land in all shops that offer it between 05 / 08 and 06 / 08. At the sight of the buzz that the V2.1 has done, a French Facebook group is entirely dedicated to him.
The lifetime warranty on this V3 is still valid.
I grant you, the purchase price will be around 189 € is a bit high for a box, but the quality is at the rendezvous and, again, the concept of lifetime warranty immediately put in comfortable with the investment project.
In case of problems, you just have to contact by email with Craving Vapor to have all the necessary information for the return to the USA. It will cost you about 26 € with insurance up to 200 euro.
It's really a very good box, reactive, light, powerful with a very smooth vape signal.
Coupled with a Limitless RDTA Plus, which my friend Anokre did the flash test You can consult it by clicking here. Even, believe me, it's hell! Obviously, it is perfectly flush!
Our very fussy protocols grant him only 4.5 (0.1 below a note capable of automatically granting him the Top mod label) because of the conditioning, because we must believe that when it's good and expensive, our friends Beyond the Atlantic prefer bubble paper instead of a box worthy of the name, and especially a user manual ...
It's ridiculous ! RIDICULE! We will never repeat it enough (especially when Chinese manufacturers give us all these elements for 25% of the price).
But we would be just as ridiculous not to recognize that it is exceptional despite its lack of conditioning and information ... so we have exceptionally granted the label it deserves: TOP MOD... Because, to any rule, there are exceptions and it would be crazy not to say that the Hexohm V3 is not part of it!
My advice ... if you like a vape super smooth and if you can afford to invest almost 200 euros, this is the mod that you need! (keep in mind all the safety instructions we have mentioned ...)
I leave you, I go back to find my precious ... it does not leave me anymore!
Good day, everyone!
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.