- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Vapoclope
- Price of the tested product: 189 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable voltage electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum voltage: 6
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.3
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
I invite you today to a particularly perilous experience, made without nets and I do my stunts myself!
Indeed, I will have to talk to you as objectively as possible about the electro box that I prefer, the one that accompanies me every day in my daily vape. That, no doubt, that I would miss most if it had just been stolen by a lawless outlaw: the HexOhm V2.1, and especially here the HexAngels version.
We are dealing with a box that uses the famous chipset OKL2-T / 20-W12 which only the voltage is adjustable and again, empirically since no screen will come to help you visually in your settings.
Some will see a flagrant flaw. Me, I see only good since we will be able to return to the fundamentals of the vape: taste and steam! And all that will be adjusted according to your feeling. If it's too strong, you go down. If it's not loud enough, you go up. Period. There is no need for a screen or a manual for that, your palate being the best and only judge in the ultimate vape.
The price is serious. 189 € for a box, we are in the top of the basket. We may be sorry, and I, the first, against these tariffs that nothing seems to justify. I have never been a fervent defender of the principle of the high-end, those who know me know it but here, I admit that I find the price fitting as the level of quality of vape is high. For this price however, Craving Vapor guarantees you your box ... for life.
So we can vaper between 3.7V and 6V maximum and on resistors from 0.3Ω to take advantage of the capabilities of the machine without taking any risk. Potential competitors are called Surric X or Vikings Vap and a cross match between the three would please me enough. But for now, savor the pleasure of vape on a box that blends with happiness yesterday and tomorrow for a vape today.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 26
- Product Length or Height in mms: 100
- Product weight in grams: 255
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel, Aluminum, Brass
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative Style: Cultural Reference
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Plastic Adjustment Knob
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
First impact: the visual shock!
In its bright white livery, the aluminum box throws. Admittedly, there is no aesthetic flourishes, a simple homemade case replaces the Hammond case of the previous version while maintaining this aspect "home-made" which gives a nice handcrafted side.
The anodizing is fantastic and we feel that we have under our fingers a reliable and durable coating. Having mine for about three months, I can tell you that it does not move an iota. She dropped from my height (1.85m to the withers), not even a poc!
Laser engraved, we find the usual logo of the range in a light gray well becoming and benefiting, unlike the box, a grainy finish nice to the touch. On the other side, it's a beautiful drawing "Hell's Angel's" in the spirit, with angel's wing around the ohmic logo of the brand. Beautiful and still perfectly highlighted by the immaculate whiteness of the box.
On the edge opposite to that of the adjustment potentiometer, we find the recovery of the logo with the serial number and version. Only the entire version is present, V2, but it is a V2.1 it is.
The switch is itself a curiosity. Made of plastic, however, it is solid, responsive and those who have put their finger on it one day still wonder why all the boxes are not equipped. It's simple, this button is a dream to use. It marks a very precise click, it falls naturally under the index as the relaxation of a revolver, it is perfect.
The voltage is adjusted using a plastic potentiometer that can be manipulated with the fingernail. Well, I do not hide it, it's a bit of a hassle and a more convenient knob was welcome. Either slightly protruding from the facade, or containing a more pronounced marking so as not to galley to turn with the nail. However, it remains rather hard, which is a good thing and avoid the disappointments of untimely adjustments.
Inside, it's clear, clean, removable at leisure. The location of the battery terminals is indicated by large "+" and "-" and the batteries themselves will benefit from a strip of tissue to remove them from their homes. Everything is well secured and the finish, whether indoor or outdoor does not suffer any criticism.
- Chipset type used: OKL2-T / 20-W12
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? No
- Quality of the locking system: None
- Features offered by the mod: Protection against reverse polarity accumulators
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 26
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The instructions for use are simple to write, which makes it even more regrettable its absence:
- Put 18650 batteries of more than 20A in their housing following the markings of the positive and negative terminals
- Set the potentiometer.
- Press the switch and vaper.
Aside from that, the only feature that we offer the chipset is a protection against the reversal of polarity of the batteries and point bar. For the rest, just stick to 0.3Ω minimum resistance and let your palate to fine tune the setting.
We would have liked the possibility to lock the bazaar to transport it more serenely but, given the monk's mindset of the machine, do not ask too much. Here, we are not at Yamaha but at Harley. It's beefy rustic, not a gas plant! Everything is cranked and there are not even keys!
No temperature control, touch screen, recharging capability, hands free function or satellite tracking. Here is the minimum vital, it's done to vaper. For video games, go to the FNAC ...
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: No
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? No
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 0 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Your box will be delivered to you in a very elegant packaging of bubble paper. You will have plenty of fun to drill the bubbles, it's funny, while asking you if for the asking price, you do not care a little, so little of your mouth.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Even if the possible power of this mod, around 100W, its batteries in series, and its functioning in variable tension destines it all the same to the users informed and passionate, it could be usable even by a beginner as the shortage of functionalities, sum all useless, makes its operation intuitive and easy.
Let's come now, if you wish, to the rendering in terms of the vape. Because, beyond any consideration of finishing, functions and packaging, it is still why we invest a crazy sum in a white box, consoling itself by the fact that it is always less expensive than the box in oak or fir that inevitably we will all have to buy one day ...
The rendering is beautiful, I do not see other words. The vape is at the same time precise, unctuous, generous. Perfect. And I weigh my words because, for now, I have never had or tested a mod that comes to his ankle. We are on the rendering of a perfectly tuned and well conductive mecan that we could adjust the outgoing voltage and whose power curve would not drop after a while. And this is where the perfection of Hexohm lies, whatever its finish, it is in this inimitable rendering that largely reconciles the electro world and the mechanical world.
This mod is comparable to any other (I have not tested the Surric X) and is superior to all in terms of signal quality. I did a personal comparative test between all my boxes, some of which are known for their quality of vape, but nothing helps, the all-round champion is called Hexohm.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? All!
- Description of the test configuration used: Multiple atos: drippers, RTA, sub-ohm clearomisers BUT in addition to 0.3Ω / High CDM and 35A batteries
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Two good batteries, paired and charged at the same time. The rest is for you to advise!
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.8 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
We know now, not all mods are equal, far from it, in terms of rendering.
This depends on the smoothing of the electrical signal, strategic choices to favor a smooth or more brutal vape, possible possibilities of influencing the signal, the intrinsic quality of the chipset and therefore a large number of parameters each of which is able to influence on the final quality of the cloud that you take in the mouth.
So many possibilities imply that each mod, whether tubular or box-shaped, is unique. And of course, some will suit you very well without being suitable for others and vice versa.
But some products make everyone agree. Whether one is a vape cushy, fiery cloud hunter, or dehuller juice, we prefer drippers, RTA or old genesis, we will be amazed by the rendering of Hexohm which relegates to the places of honor all the cadors of the category, all tariffs combined.
The secret lies in this simple fact: Vaper with a Hexohm is tantamount to vape in Meca, full accusations to crack without ever the signal goes down and we can adjust the tension. Point. The rest is only literature.
With a more practical potentiometer, a possibility of lock and a worthy packaging, we would have here the best mod of the world. Quite simply.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.