- [/ if] Price of the tested product: 36.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 36 to 70 euros)
- Atomizer type: Rebuildable compression
- Number of resistances allowed: 1
- Resistor Type: Classic Reconstructible, Rebuildable Micro Coil
- Type of wicks supported: Silica, Cotton, Ekowool
- Quantity in milliliters announced by the manufacturer: 4.5
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Strongly inspired by Kayfun Lite + for its operation, this atomizer has the undeniable advantage of not reaching stratospheric rates. In addition to some notable improvements over its illustrious model, it is a very serious challenger in this price range or Europeans and Americans seem to have left the market open to Chinese productions, except the Expromizer. So we are witnessing, and this is fortunate, a development of the mid-range, conducive to attract many vapers. But will the qualities be worthy of commercial ambitions?
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Length or height of the product in mms as it is sold, but without its drip tip if it is present, and regardless of the length of the connection: 47
- Weight in grams of the product as sold, with its drip tip if it is present: 63
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Pyrex
- Form Factor Type: Kayfun / Russian
- Number of component parts without screws and washers: 6
- Number of threads: 5
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Number of O-rings, Dript-Tip excluded: 3
- Quality of O-rings present: Very good
- O-ring positions: Top Cap - Tank, Bottom Cap - Tank, Other
- Capacity in milliliters actually usable: 4
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
HCigar knew how to use its experience of cloner to propose an original product of very good invoice. Well finished, equipped with a pyrex tube suitable for the use of aggressive liquids for plastics, a stamped steel cover with the initials of the product (HC) ensures an effective protection of the pyrex. In addition, the solution chosen for fixing the set is simple and effective since the famous cache comes to ensure the solidarity of the atomizer by targeting the plateau. In the end, we have a product of good quality and an exemplary finish in this price range.
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive pad of the battery or the mod on which it will be installed
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes, and variable
- Diameter in mms maximum of the air regulation possible: 4
- Minimum diameter in mms of the air regulation possible: 1
- Positioning of the air regulation: From below and taking advantage of the resistances
- Spray chamber type: bell type
- Heat dissipation of the product: Excellent
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Even if we regret that the 510 connection is not really adjustable (the screw ensuring the positive contact is screwed and unscrewed but still remains in relief with respect to the negative part of the connection, see photo), the atomizer is fully functional in all cases. It will just be a little difficult to mount flush on all set-ups. It should also be known that this screw also ensures the maintenance of the positive section of the plate. I therefore advise against screwing too hard not to create a breakage.
The airholes are adjustable from below the atomizer by two screws corresponding to the two air intakes located on each side of the plate. One can thus have a very airy rendering, much more than a Kayfun for example but also a tighter rendering if desired because the double adjustment is effective. Through this process, it is best to manage the liquid / air mixture as a function of the viscosity of the liquid used. A very good point, therefore. Despite the somewhat delicate position of the adjustment device.
- Drip tip type: 510 Only
- Presence of a Drip-Tip? Yes, the vaper can immediately use the product
- Length and type of drip-tip present: Medium
- Quality of the present drip-tip: Good
Reviewer's comments on the Drip-Tip
I am not personally a fan of this drip-tip even if I recognize that the opening width was very well worked to help the aerial rendering of the atomizer. But this observation is subjective because I imagine that any vaper has his or her drip-tips of predilection should not forget that the drip-tip remains of quality with its two O-rings and its integration in the aesthetics of the atomizer .
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is very correct in this price range with a good surprise in the presence of a screwdriver double head keychain that allows immediate use.
But also a bad surprise with the bag of spare parts provided that offers two strands of pre-coiled silica (whose interest seems to me almost zero), two spare O-rings and an additional insulator for the stud positive. But it ignores the supply of spare screws which would be essential in view of the smallness of the screws announcing loss.
Too bad to have zapped the provision of a notice even summary. It would be important, especially in this price range, that manufacturers make an effort to help beginners in the rebuildable to get started. A simple sheet with a few pictures and ten lines of text would have been enough. Well, confirmed users of this type of equipment will have no problem in taking ownership.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with mod of test configuration: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy but requires a workspace
- Filling facilities: Easy but requires a workspace
- Easy to change resistors: Easy but needs to empty the atomizer
- Is it possible to use this product throughout the day with several vials of EJuice? Yes perfectly
- Was there leak after one day of use? No
- In the event of leaks during tests, descriptions of the situations in which they occurred
Note from Vapelier on the ease of use: 3.7 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use, we realize the unique design defect of this product: its disassembly and filling. It would have been extremely humble to me that HCigar had a reflection on these points already recognized as negative on the Kayfun Lite + and could propose, there too, alternative solutions making the use more friendly.
On the other hand, no problem even in intensive use. No leaks or gurgles to report, once you hold the correct mounting and adjustment of airflows, the atomizer is a model of reliability.
Recommendations for use
- With which type of mod is it advisable to use this product? Electronics AND Mechanics
- With which mod model is it advisable to use this product? Any electronic or mechanical 22mm diameter mod will be perfect.
- With which type of EJuice is it advisable to use this product? All liquids without problem
- Description of the test configuration used: Pipeline Pro + HC microcoiled with kanthal 0.30 for resistance of 1.5Ω + various liquids of varied viscosities.
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A mod in 22mm and any type of liquid.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 3.9 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
We are in the presence of an atomizer with an exceptional quality / price ratio. Both by its machining quality and the quality of its rendering, we take great pleasure in discovering it and vying with it. The settings are numerous enough to draw its own use and, past the course of the settings and filling misplaced, it remains only to appreciate.
Enjoy its aerial and sweet vape but also very saturated with aromas. I think this is due to the narrowness of the evaporation chamber. Thus, even if the finishes are still incomparable, we can quite contrast this challenger to his illustrious model in terms of quality of vape. Steam is abundant and the atomizer returns the flavors very faithfully.
Appreciate the possibility of influencing the air / liquid mixture with great accuracy by the dual airflow settings, thus allowing the use of the atomiser with 100% VG fluids without the risk of dry-hit with each puff. And without losing a single drop of liquid!
In conclusion, a big congratulations to HCigar for this first step. By getting rid of a little more of its reference model, the manufacturer could have done even better by moving the airflow settings and the filling screw. Maybe for the 2 Version?
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.