- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: Le Monde De La Vape
- Price of the tested product: 84.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 50 watts
- Maximum voltage: 8.5
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Here is a box! "One more" could we be tempted to say while passing his path ... However, we would be badly inspired because in the specific area of this format and in this range of power, the HB50 fits pile-hair in an intermediate location , between the Isticks, Mini Cloupor and others on one side and the Vaporshark on the other ...
The HB50 gives us 50W maximum power, minimum resistance of 0.2Ω, 510 copper spring connection, among others, as well as a guarantee of six months (well !!!) for the price of 84.90 €. This price may seem high in absolute terms, but if we compare it to its rare competitors, we realize that it is reasonable. Is it however reasoned? We will see that ...
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 50
- Product Length or Height in mms: 95
- Product weight in grams: 182
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, Copper, Brass, PMMA
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 3
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.7 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
We are therefore faced with a rather modest box-mod, even if we do not reach the mini format, of beautiful appearance and that seems solid and made to last. The grip is very pleasant, perfectly natural and anodized aluminum matte flattening the retina by its sobriety. The shape is parallelepiped with slight rounded corners and holding in situation is very correct. The mod is suitable for several palmar morphologies and will suit both large and small hands.
HCigar is becoming more and more used to quality objects and the HB50 does not fail this rule. The 510 connector is made of brass with a positive spring-loaded copper pin, guaranteeing an excellent conductivity always important including on an electronic mod.
The switch is very well made and does not disparage neither aesthetically nor use or it is flexible and very easy to handle. It is easily sized by its size and triggers smoothly without emitting special sounds.
The variations of power and the accesses to the menu are managed by the switch (5 supports) and then, it is the gyroscopic sensor which takes over and you will be able to influence the menu by tilting the box of a side or the other. Strangely, although I am not a fan of this way of proceeding, I admit that it shocked me much less on this format than on a tube. The gesture is more natural.
No problem of finishing does not taint this table. The threads are fluid, including those for screwing the back cover. It just lacks in my opinion a magnetic attachment to this hood to have a strike! This is my one and only regret, tempered by the fact that the mod is rechargeable by micro USB, it is not supposed either to spend his time unscrewing the hood ...
- Type of chipset used: SX
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Mechanical
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Supports the update of its firmware, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 24
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The HB50 is equipped with the SX300 chipset, in its version 50W, a known and proven circuit. Made by Yihi, it perfectly complements the box by communicating a high quality rendering quality. Having nothing else on hand in this format, I compared it in operation with a Cloupor DNA30 and the comparison quickly stopped ... Indeed, with the same atomizer, the same resistance, the same battery, the same liquid and set to the same power, we find with the HB50 a quality of vape much more powerful and precise. This is even the strong point of this chipset, it restores energetically all the flavors by dispensing the chosen temperature without latency. No diesel aspect here, we are on a mod very available and effective.
This efficiency is also found on a longer term. No drop in voltage, even when approaching the load limit, consistency and stability that make it a perfectly usable tool all day.
Care should be taken to add a battery that delivers a minimum intensity 10A and of course, do not ask him what he does not know how to regulate from below. Given its limitation in voltage (8.5v) and intensity (8A), you can use almost the entire power palette by adding resistance between 0.5Ω and 2.2Ω, roughly.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging, in hard cardboard, contains the mod, a USB / Micro USB cord as well as the note which avoids the French carefully. But I reassure the Anglo-allergic, the photos are sufficiently numerous and explicit to avoid buying a dictionary. Packaging, in my opinion, is up to the mod and treats the consumer simply but with respect even if it is not revolutionary. I also recall the guarantee of six months, quite rare on this type of product which also shows a certain respect for failing to be modeled on the French law.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Difficult because requires several manipulations
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Except for the need to have a screwdriver to change its battery and we can load the mod by the cord provided, we have a mod that holds all its promises in terms of ease of use. Indeed, its average size makes it quite portable and discreet and the stability of its operation is exemplary. The locking (more exactly stand-by) by three successive clicks on the switch is particularly interesting because easy to implement even without great concentration. The gyro sensor that increments the power but also allows to leave the system or lock is also an asset despite everything because it avoids increasing or decreasing the power unexpectedly having the mod in his pocket.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Any atomizer, clearomizer, carto tank and other dripper having a maximum diameter of 24mm to remain "aesthetic" will be suitable.
- Description of the test configuration used: HB50 + Origen V2 Genesis. Hb50 + Mephisto. HB50 + SUbtank nano.
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: I confess to have had a big crush with Origen above .... but it's very subjective and personal!
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
At the time of the balance sheet, I must admit to have been favorably impressed by the HB50. It is a simple box, which intelligently avoids too particular shapes that end up tired, which has a nice finish and excellent handling and whose switch could make envy of many prestigious competitors. In addition, the rendering is simply excellent and this firmware version of SX300 chipset is quite bluffing in the quality of vape felt. Mechanical parts have been well thought out to improve conductivity and be easy to use.
I have only one flaw to blame him, it is further sieve by the capacity of charging by cord, it is not to have included a behavior of the rear cover by magnetization. Beyond this detail, however, that can annoy those who work away from a computer, we are on an excellent product, well above some of its direct competitors for a price all very correct.
So, a real good surprise from HCigar who, small step by step, comes to play the troublemaker on a market too long tossed between the low end that last 2 months and high end that can weigh heavily in the budget of a household.
A real success and I thank the Monde la Vape for allowing me to test it.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.