- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: the world of the vape
- Price of the tested product: 79.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 50 watts
- Maximum voltage: 8.5
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Hcigar offers us this original box of mid-range HB 50. Powered by the YIHI SX 300 whose reputation is well established, this box will bring us up to 50 watts.
A good finish as a bonus, Hcigar shows us once again that he knows how to do something else than clones of good quality.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 50
- Product Length or Height in mms: 95
- Product weight in grams: 150
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, Copper
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 3
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The HB50 has a very good finish. The case in sandblasted aluminum, matte, anodized with a beautiful rendering and not taking the finger marks. The switch is of very good quality, well adjusted there is no noise and it is nice and rare on a box of this price range. Do not look for originality in terms of design this box is very consensual and shines by its sobriety. A realization that exudes seriousness, and this is confirmed when you open the back cover to place the battery, because the interior is super clean and well finished. In short Hcigar gives us here a box equivalent to the famous IPV2 but with a better feeling of quality.
- Type of chipset used: SX
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Supports the update of its firmware
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Mini-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 24
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
This Box has everything you need, nothing more. Its interface is identical to a sigeilei 20 watts since the latter is controlled by the fire button and the gyroscopic function.
5 clicks to turn it on, 3 to lock it, and 5 to access the menu when it's running. Once in the menu, we tilt the box to the right or left to navigate the menu or to change the power. It displays the value of your resistance, the battery charge, the power and the instantaneous voltage. The screen is clear and readable. A small LED next to the USB port indicates the level e charge of the battery (red charging in progress, green is over). The 510 copper pin is spring-mounted so no worries about contact.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Nothing to say about packaging. You will not fall on your knees before, but it will not shock you either. The manual is once again written only in the language of Shakespeare damage. A micro USB cable and a screwdriver are what you will find in the box. In short all is in order on this point, we are in the mid-range.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy but requires a workspace
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy but requires a workspace to lose nothing
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Nothing to say, an average size this box can accompany you in your daily life if you assume this kind of setup in public. The size is in the standard for a mono 18650. The sx300 chipset works great, the vape is smooth and hassle free. You will need an 18650 imr battery to support the strong amperages with flat head. Once in place Hcigar advises you not to come out and use the USB port for charging. Simple to use once the gyroscopic function has been appropriated. In short a simple and effective box perfect for newcomers on this type of product.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? all but the carto because I do not see the interest
- Description of the test configuration used: orchid v3 0.4 ohm double coil fiberfreaks and kaifun in 1.5 ohm micro coil fiberfreaks
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Any atomizer with a diameter smaller than 24 mm for the look
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.4 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
I will begin by highlighting the fact that Hcigar has been developing for some time original products that defend themselves well.
Indeed the atomizers HC and HC + are the proof.
With the HB 50 Hcigar we deliver a sober and efficient box. The design is very sober without great originality, but the quality of manufacture and the sanded and anodized matt finish are irreproachable.
The switch remains one of the success of this box, metal perfectly adjusted it does not make a noise, it is flexible and responsive, and its position is very ergonomic.
The HC is not in the mini, its measurement in the middle box category box which is not necessarily a good argument at the time of mini.
However it is not a mastodon she can accompany you without the need for a backpack, remember that we knew mobile phones more cumbersome than that at the beginning of the mobile phone and we boarded them in our pockets .
The use is a little tedious at the beginning when one is not used to the gyroscopic function which allows to make the settings or to turn it off. By cons locking in three clicks is perfect.
The vape is smooth, the SX300 animates this box perfectly. The power range of 7 to 50 watt seems to me to correspond to the vast majority of vapers, but beware the low wattages can not be achieved with low resistance because the chipset can not decrease the intensity of the current below the 3.2 v and conversely high wattages will not be available with too strong resistances since the voltage can not exceed 8.5 volts.
In short this Box is a good alternative to ipv2 which I think was very average in terms of quality of manufacture, quality of finish, and in terms of regulation.
You'll understand I find this box very well, only its lack of aesthetic originality and its size (compared to the invasion of the minis) may eventually make you back during a possible purchase and there are clear it is not subjective criteria without any impact on the proper functioning of this nice box.
To conclude, I, who had been indignant at the guarantee of 4 Vaporshark month, I want to point out that the HB 50 is guaranteed 6 months what seems reasonable to me in view of the level of range and the price.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.