- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: the world of the vape
- Price of the tested product: 79.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Mechanical without kick support possible
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Not applicable
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The Korean model Footoon®, one of the creators with Kato® from UVO Systems, releases the 2 version of his excellent Hades mod. But what could have been taken to improve an existing product is actually a revolution. Indeed, the manufacturer has decided to subcontract manufacturing in China, which allows a sharp decrease in production costs passed on the public price of the mod less than 80 €. When we remember the price of the 1 version, more than 200 €, we can see the evolution !!!!!
There is an urban legend that Footoon made this decision to thwart the proliferation of clones as was the case for the first of the name. Difficult to know but given the stakes of the release of a second version of a mod that still made a lot of noise, I think rather that the manufacturer has taken the measure of the real market and realized that the reign high-end high end was in a recession at the moment (supply has exploded) and the market was opening up on high quality middle-end, calculated at the fairest price. The future will tell if other reputable manufacturers follow suit.
Hades is a mechanical mod 26650 that arrives with a tariff perfectly placed and a lot of novelties in the belly to attract the covetous "mechanics-vapers" and other Cloud Chasers ...
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 34
- Product Length or Height in mms: 90.5
- Product weight in grams: 236
- Material composing the product: Stanless Steel grade 304
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decorative Style: Greek Mythology
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: On the bottom cap
- Fire button type: Spring mechanics
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 12
- Number of threads: 6
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.7 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Hades breathes the quality eIt is proven, if still needed, that Chinese manufacturing can compete with the best Western production chains. The steel used is of medical grade (and non-surgical like 316L) type 304F and has a brushed finish of excellent quality. The Switch part is polished for a very aesthetic contrast. The general shape, preserved from the first Hades, is thus cylindrical and strongly flared down, which creates an impression of massiveness for a mod which is finally not high. Attention so, if the mod is well 34mm at the base, his top cap is, he, 28.5mm.
It can also be criticized because rare are the atos of this diameter and, consequently, the atomizers in 30mm will not have a happy aesthetic effect. On the other hand, the general movement of the shape makes that one can have a very beautiful set with atomizers whose diameter is lower than 28mm.
The threads are perfect, very fluid in their operation. And it is very easy to disassemble and reassemble the mod. even a beginner in mechanical mod will not encounter any problem.
- Type of chipset used: None / Mechanical
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a floating pine.
- Lock system ? Mechanical
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: None / Mod Méca
- Accusability: 26650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 28.5
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Not applicable, it is a mechanical mod
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Much to say about this aspect of the mod. Because, if we can easily be content to insert a battery and vape, we will be well inspired to go further to get the best.
On the top cap, we have an 510 floating pin connection. In fact, it is a double floating pin which is supposed to adjust at the same time the height relative to the atomizer and the setting relative to the positive pole of the battery. And my faith, it works pretty well. I could test only one type of battery (Efest Green) but the miracle operated immediately and it was ready-to-vape. However, in making the output voltage measurements, I realized that, despite the rhodium plating of the connection elements (which is supposed to ensure flawless conductivity), we could have a fairly large drop volt. In addition, depending on the atomizer chosen, the fact that the two pins (ato side and battery side) share the same spring caused a new problem. Indeed, if the ato is equipped with a long 510 connection, the pin "enters" deeply and exerts a very strong tension on the spring which thus becomes much less elastic at the moment of adjusting the part of the pin which makes contact with the battery.
To overcome these two problems, I removed, as the manufacturer recommends, the two pins and the spring and I left only the central threaded portion which remains adjustable. As for the conductivity, as shown in the table below, we are totally winning. On the other hand, this way of proceeding involves the use of a battery with nipple or to add magnetic shims on a battery which is deprived of it. This is to maintain a correct setting of the battery. So, a disadvantage and an advantage. Personally, I chose the second way of doing because the conductivity rendered has nothing to do and the efforts required are quite derisory.
Here is a summary table of my measurements, made with a tankometer and using a fully charged battery and a Taïfun GT atomizer. Of course, we could have more precise measurements with more adequate materials, but I think the table illustrates the difference quite well. Method A shows the measurements using the mod as such and method B use after removing the pins and spring:
|Method||Without atomizer||With atomizer||Drop Volt|
It is therefore a mod that can generate very good performance provided you work a little. One could hope that the manufacturer, who knows this small flaw, could propose in the near future a rhodium piece replacing the current system by a more standard adjustable but more conductive system so as not to have to tamper with. (although it's still nice, a little personal tuning) 😉
Another aspect to check: When I had the mod in the hands for the first time, the switch was noisy and fired only if the support was well centered. Verification done, simply disassemble the switch, which is very simple, to properly adjust the bearing surface relative to the locking ring and then lightly lubricate the seal of the locking ring to greatly improve things. Even if the switch is simple to handle, it is less flexible than other mods.
On the other hand, ring locking works very well. There is, under the part of the switch on which one presses, a rotating ring which can easily move with a nail stroke and which thus blocks, by turning it about two millimeters the use of the switch . No more risk of disassembling the button by accident by operating a ring and no head. For me, it's really a good system, very effective. Of course, even without actuating this ring, there is no risk that the switch will trigger itself when we put the right mod because it is indeed a switch "incoming" and not raised relative to the tube.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging does not suffer from any reproach. The cardboard box is pretty, the mod is very well protected by a compact foam. An authenticity card with the serial number, an 201 hybridization connector, a spare bag containing two O-rings, an additional switch spring and 510 connection spring, and an additional XNUMX connection spring are provided. detailed job and quite facetious.
Indeed, the record shows us a skinned mod with all the parts nomenclature, the technical specifications of Hades and safety instructions but also warnings of the type: "Do not throw Hades at the head of people" or " Do not hit them with ". Nice and not head shot.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for a Jean back pocket (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use and as soon as we are familiar with the switch, this mod is really easy. It is quickly tamed and its massiveness and solid construction make it an object that seems cut to last an eternity. 6 beautiful vents are present at the base of the central tube in case of degassing and are perfectly integrated into the design of the mod. Of course, depending on your personal use, I can only recommend that you choose the battery that fits best.
Hades V2 is heavy but remains of a correct size despite its diameter. So we avoid the club effect! That said, he is still well in hand and its weight could be a handicap for some. As far as I'm concerned, with my big fingers, it's perfect!
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 26650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Any atomizer of diameter less than or equal to 28.5mm. He will give his best with good big drippers to generate the altitude cloud!
- Description of the test configuration used: Hades + various atomizers.
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A Igo W14 from Youde for aesthetics?
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.4 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Hades V2 is a good surprise! Arriving at a reasonable price for its construction and finish that do not suffer from any defect, this mecan is largely up to the event! It is not without a few minor flaws, such as the basic 510 connection and the operation a little "crunchy" switch, but with a little bit of time to improve, we discover an object whose beauty and performance quickly make you forget his whims of youth.
Perfect for lovers of big clouds who can enjoy almost all the power of their battery, it will be equally suitable for those who love beautiful mods mascot and want a good autonomy.
It will also be well for lovers of beautiful "tubes" because its sober and elegant design is simply a beautiful collectible. I personally find it very successful in its sobriety and I particularly appreciated the very fine brushed finish and the excellent conductivity of the rhodium connection elements.
And without forgetting, of course, the price quite exceptional for a mod of this class! A very big hat and a personal favorite !!!
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.