- Sponsors who loaned the product for the review: VapExperience and Le Monde de la Vape
- [/ if] Price of the tested product: 80 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? Yes by adding a specific tube included in the packaging
- Maximum power: 35 watts
- Maximum voltage: 8
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.5
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Do not look for innovation within the electronics of this mod, if it is irreproachable, it brings nothing new on the market.
On the contrary, you will find all the quintessence in terms of innovation of HCIGAR by admiring the photo above.
No you're not dreaming, the mod supports all sizes of batteries ... but if I tell you, in addition it goes into mechanical mode, did I catch your eye?
Three sizes ... two possible uses of vape: Yes the Gyro alone can replace six configurations, all for the price of a mid-range mod.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Product Length or Height in mms: 125
- Product weight in grams: 178
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Copper, PMMA
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral to 1 / 3 of the tube relative to the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 13
- Number of threads: 10
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
13 parts, 10 threads, everything is stainless steel and not a squeak ... CQFD.
It is absolutely without fault.
- Type of chipset used: SX
- Connection type: 510, Ego
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a thread adjustment.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the power of the current vape, clear diagnostic messages, operational light indicators
- Accusability: 18350,18490,18500,18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? No
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
An electronic head, offering a smooth vape, and able to mount 35 watts ... a single button interface ... hummm I know what you think: It will still have to have champion reflexes to configure it from its single button.
Big mistake ! the Gyro will make you turn your head ... as shown in the user manual below there is a trick ...
Its embedded gyroscope allows a trivial adjustment by leaning left and right (less and more power).
Of course it's already seen, but it works perfectly.
The height adjustment of batteries (with or without nipples) will be done through a central pin that you will need to screw.
Be careful not to lose it ... The easiest way is to always leave it in place.
How does one go into mechanical mode?
Simply through an inversion of the bottom cap.
In the case of left the position in electronic mode, in the case of right the mechanical position.
The inversion of the position of the insulating delrin is enough to transform the bottom cap into a Fire button for the mechanical mode.
As Papagallo would say, it's clever, and especially fun!
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Box, manual (in English alas), everything is there.
A small drawer inside the box serves as an alcove for all the pieces ... except for the support of our beautiful French language in the manual, it is a faultless.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for a Jean back pocket (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In mechanical or electronic configuration, this mod has never failed.
It loses a point because 18650 electro version is a little heavy to be mobile in the inside pocket of a jacket.
It's a great product and it's able to show it through all your vape uses.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? This mod adapts to all possible atomizers. For aesthetic purposes, I recommend to be limited to diameters of 22 or even 23 mms maximum.
- Description of the test configuration used: T2, Kayfun 3.1 ES, Aspire Nautilus, IGO L
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Your favorite dripper in mechanical mode and a good nautilus for an electro mode
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Do I recommend this mod? Yes definitely.
Why ? Because I like its multiple possibilities of adaptations.
It is a true chameleon of the Vape ... and with use it is created a real emotional link, so much it makes service every day (practice to go in meeting with the HCIGAR in the pocket of his jacket in mechanic mode 18350 with a light dripper like everything for the break, and to be able to switch to electro 18650 at lunch time ...).
Is 35 watts enough for a cool vape during a work day to do cumulonimbus among his co-workers is not necessarily the thing to do? Yes, of course ... especially if we say that we can in mechanic mode, play to beat his fog record of the day before in his living room pending the news of 20h00!
At the moment all the kits for beginners offer for 80 euros that little or no evolution of vape, and that the electro mods do not offer for the same price ... that of the electro the Gyro-HCIGAR is certainly an option to consider before making your first or next purchase.
Looking forward to reading you.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.