- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: LCA Distribution
- Price of the tested product: 29.9 €
- Product category based on sales price: Entry level (from 1 to 40 €)
- Mod Type: Lipo Battery
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 17W
- Maximum voltage: 3.5V
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 1.5
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Le Gusto mini consists of a 900mAh Lipo Battery and a proprietary disposable pod containing 1.5Ω resistance and pre-filled with a premixed liquid with 20mg of nicotine salt for a 2ml capacity.
It's a very small set-up. At the withers, we reach a ridiculous dimension of 7cm (drip-tip included of course).
For the box, its power is 17W maximum is a micro box. Its body, all polycarbonate, is available in four different colors (blue, red, gray or black). The functionalities are minimized thus offering a functioning operation as simple as possible.
This box is accompanied by a pod that includes all the elements of an atomizer. No need to resist, fill the tank or change the capillary, there are just two pull tabs before inserting into the mod.
Well, at first glance, this set-up is a small wonder but we will deepen a little details and see especially if it is reliable and what is its autonomy.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Product Diameter in mm: 47.5 x 22
- Product Length or Height in mm: 70
- Product weight in grams: 38
- Material composing the product: Polycarbonate
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: very good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top-cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 4
- Number of threads: 0
- Quality of the threads: Not applicable on this mod - Absence of no screws
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Vapelier's note on quality feelings: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The set is ultra light, it must be said that the Lipo battery and polycarbonate material are for something.
The coating on the detachable part is a gray color for this test, with greenish reflections for a finish that looks like metallic. Fingerprints are invisible.
The set-up is broken down into four parts.
The body, not removable, in two pieces, contains the Lipo battery and has a removable part that allows you to insert the pod. This part offers a window to visualize the level of the liquid remaining in the tank.
The pod, disposable item owner ofAspire, is composed of a resistance of 1.5Ω, a wick of organic cotton and a liquid with nicotine salts dosed at 20mg / ml. It is positioned under the drip-tip and fits very easily in the box.
The drip-tip, in 510 format, is rather simple in a black matte color. The advantage is to be able to change it according to your tastes to personalize the pace of the Gusto Mini.
In front, we have near the top-cap, the square switch, very discreet but that marries very well at the box. Below, there is the opening for the micro USB cable for charging and just above, a light indicates the battery charge level.
Below, four small holes are present to dissipate any heating.
A small template that fits well in the hand with beautiful finishes and a very attractive design.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: Owner
- Adjustable positive plot? Not applicable
- Lock system ? No
- Quality of the locking system: None
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Short-circuit protection from the atomizer, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Operating light indicators
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: Pod owner
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The features of the set-up are very simple, no superfluous, the mod offers a vape power of 17W with a resistor included in the 1.5Ω pod. No other choice but it must be admitted that the balance is rather well found to restore both beautiful flavors and a steam more than correct.
Autonomy is also preserved with this Lipo 900mAh battery that holds almost the day with a regular and moderate vape and a reserve of liquid economy with a capacity of 2ml which is a little less powerful than the battery.
Other functions: the display of the charge level of the battery and that of the juice tank.
The charging via the micro USB port using the provided cable and possibility to adapt a personal drip-tip.
No filling to do, no resistance to achieve and no change of the capillary, that's pretty good but no lock proposed on the Gusto Miniit is either on or off.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is fairly classic but well presented in a black cardboard box rather robust. At the opening, we discover the mini set-up set in its post-shaped velvet-like foam, the Gusto mini.
Under this foam, we have the instructions for use only in English and quite brief. A warranty certificate is also provided.
Aspire we offer in its packaging, an additional drip-tip, copy in accordance with that of the set-up, as well as a micro USB cable used to charge the batteries Lipo.
A correct packaging that is perfectly suited to this price range and therefore to the product offered. Simple and efficient !
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Ok for a side pocket of Jean (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The use of the product is very simple since Aspire minimized manipulations by associating the box with a pod and integrating Lipo batteries. So, a resistance and a reserve of juice, already inserted in the pod which limits the manipulations and the settings since no atomizer is to screw on the top-cap.
No display screen either, with a 1.5Ω resistor and a unique power of 17W. Only a bright dot above the opening for the USB port allows to know the state of the battery. On the opposite edge, a large window gives access to the liquid reserve but I must admit that to view the level, I tend to open the mod to see better.
The manipulations to execute to activate your Gusto Mini are very small. The pod is supplied with two rubber tabs. Just pull it hard and hear a specific noise like an air intake. Pulling even more, the tabs will break in order to then insert the pod in its slot, placing down the part that had the tabs. Once the manipulation is finished, wait for 1 or 2 minutes so that the capillary imbibe well, finally, you can vaper, it is ready.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Classic fiber
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? With the provided pod
- Description of the test configuration used: The kit is ready for use
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: As sold
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Le Gusto Mini Well named, at the level of taste, the flavors are nice but I think that nicotine salts are for many. Steam level, this is also very honorable, nothing to envy to other boxes or all these various atomizers that it is not always easy to adjust.
"Mini" is really what characterizes this set-up barely bigger than a gas lighter.
The use, meanwhile, is very simple, no setting to achieve, the only problem that one might encounter is a dry-hit for not having patience enough before to vape the first puff.
Regarding autonomy, we still have enough capacity to do almost the day, the 2ml are also very good for a set-up for beginners, for other regulars, it may be a little short. The vape is not too tight but do not expect an aerial vape, it's a good mix. In short, a box without flaws, this is rare then looking a bit and especially by vape, there are flaws.
The viewing window does not always allow to see properly the remaining juice level. Also, this window is perforated to let the air of the atomizer: "airflow" but when you hold the box to vape, it is difficult not to obstruct the passage because this small format does not leave much room to our fingers.
I also regret the owner pod that does not allow to use his favorite e-liquid, surely a commercial choice on the part ofAspire but know that with a few tips, the problem can be avoided.
Simple, pleasant, compact, economical (except for pods), light, a good taste, a beautiful steam ...
The qualities are not lacking! What makes it a Top Mod.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.