- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: LCA
- Price of the tested product: 65.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 220 W
- Maximum voltage: 7.5 V
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
VZone is a new brand of the Middle Kingdom that is coming to Europe in force at the moment. Specializing in mod-boxes with aesthetics of choice, the manufacturer comes with three references sexy devil whose appearance does not forget the technological content, quite in the nails of the latest modern productions.
The Graffiti is therefore the 18650 double battery version and promises a power of 220W. Sold around 66 €, it takes place in the mid-range segment and relies on its cosmetic difference to seduce vapers in search of an elegant originality.
Available in three well-sliced colors, the Graffiti presents three very different paintings in order to hang the attention. The choice is assured.
Offering a classic variable power mode, the Graffiti also has a complete temperature control, a pre-heat named here Taste Mode and all the necessary protections for a vape with complete confidence.
The promise is rather charming, it remains only to verify that the practice joins the theory!
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 26
- Product Length or Height in mm: 90 x 56
- Product weight in grams: 312
- Material composing the product: Alloy Aluminum / Zinc
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box
- Decorative Style: BD Universe
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Medium, the button makes noise within its enclave
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.1 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Whether you are a "customer" or not of this type of very graphic box, it is purely objective to note that the aesthetics has been neat.
Indeed, the Graffiti presents well, very well even. The body offers a zinc / aluminum alloy of the most beautiful brushed effect which exudes a high quality of machining. On each side, paintings are embedded on the flanks and communicate a Graffiti aspect, precisely, assuming perfectly the product's name.
On the widths, there are two plates reported, of different colors and dyed in the mass of which the main hosts the switch, the screen, the interface buttons and the micro USB port.
One of the flanks is constituted by the magnetic cover providing access to the cradle of the batteries. Easy to remove thanks to a notch located on the bottom of the panel, it reveals us a neat and clean inside, like the overall quality of the product which is worthy of the superior category.
The swith is tinted aluminum, the same color as the plates mentioned above. It is square in shape, well reactive and pleasant to handle.
The screen is fairly classic, clear, even if we could wish a contrast a little better for viewing in direct sunlight. It displays the essential information such as the current power or vape temperature according to the chosen mode, the value of the resistance, that of the voltage delivered, the pre-heat mode in operation and the battery meter. It overhangs the two buttons [+] and [-], metal also, whose handling is no problem. These interface buttons are slightly less well adjusted than the switch, which seems amazing but do their job as we wish.
On the top-cap, a connection plate of 18mm of diameter, equipped with a positive pin on spring, takes place and presents a very correct quality to welcome any ato of 25mm or less, the width of the box being of 26mm.
On the bottom cap, we find the notch to ensure the easy extraction of the hood, some mentions engraved deep in the material as well as cooling vents.
The feeling of quality is very flattering, the machining has been totally mastered and the Graffiti presents very well. The grip is good even if the weight and width (56mm) consistent object may be a brake for some hands. But all is attractive, refreshing by its aesthetic street art and especially, remarkably well built.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Temperature control of the atomizer resistors, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The chipset home meets the sweet name of HW Board 1.0 and provides all the features that we are entitled to expect in 2018 a box up-to-date.
We have a choice of two modes. First of all, a classic variable power mode running between 7 and 220W in 0.5W steps, which saves us from waiting for an eternity when using the interface buttons. In this mode, the resistance usage range is from 0.1 to 3Ω. This mode is accompanied by a pre-heat function, called Taste Mode, to modulate the signal. The SOFT item implies a soft start of the signal in order to accompany a very reactive editing without obtaining dry-hits. The NORM item restores the signal as pre-set by the power. The HARD prints a boost of the first seconds of the signal to wake up a little diesel mounting. There is also a USER item to sculpt the response curve over the ten seconds of puff and customize the rendering of its vape.
The temperature control mode will operate between 100 and 300 ° C on a resistance scale from 0.05 to 1Ω. It takes natively the following resistive: SS316, Ni200 and titanium. However, it doubles as a TCR module that will allow you to implement the heating coefficient of the resistive of your choice.
There are also three memory locations where you can store your settings for easy retrieval.
The protections necessary for a vape with peace of mind are present at the call: 10s cut-off, protection against low voltages, against short circuits, against the misplacement of the batteries, against excessive temperature of the chipset ... In short, all that is necessary to ensure a vape in optimal conditions of safety.
Ergonomics has been simplified to the extreme and the technical handling of the box is no problem. 5 traditional clicks turn the device on or off. 3 clicks enter the menu. At this time, the editable parameters are highlighted directly on the home screen and you can access each change with a single switch. To review the different parameters or modify the different items, just use the interface buttons. Nothing so good, in the handling of Graffiti. It's simple and clear. No more spending time tuning your mod, the time to vape begins ...
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The box is delivered to us in a beautiful cardboard drawer box proudly displaying a picture of the product.
There is a USB / Micro USB cable and a multi-language manual including a French sometimes approximate (I liked to learn that the switch was called "fire button"), but clear enough to go around exhaustive of all the possibilities of the bike.
A correct packaging, rather aesthetic too.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Ok for a side pocket of Jean (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Let's move on to the weight and size of the bug that we have already talked about and that may hinder small hands. The box is not uncomfortable so far, the rounded edges being for many. In addition, the perceived quality is quite flattering, we get caught up quickly and the box quickly becomes an object of desire in your friends vapers!
The simplified ergonomics and the relevance of the features allow a very intuitive use and the technical handling is quick and easy, including without referring to the manual if you know a little about this type of object.
Autonomy is quite good for a double battery, a sign of a good calibration of the energy required for operation.
The possibilities of personalization of the signal are very efficient and can actually influence any type of editing. At the rendering level, this is reflected in a rather dense and compact vape. The latency is very low and allows an almost immediate signal rise, suitable to feast the most reluctant atomizers. The aromatic precision is there and, even if it is a little inferior to some tenors of the sectors like Evolv or Yihie, it ensures a vape greedy and powerful.
In the balance sheet, the ramage thus refers to the plumage and Graffiti fate with the honors, especially as its reliability in intensive use is remarkable, at least a week of testing. Whatever the type of ato and the level of resistance, we always see a similar and positive rendering, both on ato bourrin and ato MTL quiet.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Any ato of diameter less than or equal to 25mm
- Description of the test configuration used: Vapor Giant Mini V3, Zeus, Revvo, Maze
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: The one that suits you best!
Was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
There is a long time when it was necessary to invest 200 € for an efficient and well built mod. The very notion of high-end, if it is still present today, tends to pass a little fashion in view of the pitched battle that takes place in the middle-market to always offer better for much lower prices.
We already knew the continuous push of some manufacturers like Smoant or Tesla in the sector. From now on, it will be necessary to do with VZone which, for a first try, realizes a master stroke by proposing an interesting alternative box, aesthetically different from the current modes around the manga design and presenting a quality of remarkable construction.
What deserve a Top Mod without hesitation. 65.90 € for a dual 220W battery pack machined like a big one is something that would have been unthinkable three years ago. What greet the prowess with greed!
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.