- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: LCA
- Price of the tested product: 39.90 €
- Product category based on sales price: Entry level (from 1 to 40 €)
- Mod type: Classic drums
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 25W
- Maximum voltage: 4V
- Minimum value in ohms of resistance for a start: 0.6Ω
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Our product of the day is a starter kit offered by Ehpro, a rather old Chinese manufacturer and myGeeko a shop of Belgian origin. This new product belongs to the family of AIO (All In One).
Indeed the GeekPro is a one-piece kit of 19mm diameter which consists of an atomizer of 2ml coupled to a battery of 1500mAh.
The promises made is a simple product, reliable, without leaks and no lifts to start well, all unless 40 euros.Un a beginner kit promising and is placed correctly at the tariff level ... It remains to see if all these promises will be well kept.
So on the way to discover this Sino-Belgian product.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 19
- Product Length or Height in mm: 126.5
- Product weight in grams: 85
- Materials constituting the product: Stainless steel, Glass, POM.
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral to 1 / 3 of the tube relative to the top-cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
At first sight, our kit is a simple tubular axis 19mm diameter. Indeed, the GeekPro is equipped with a small metal cap that covers the drip-tip, which reveals only a simple tube.
Only the trapezoidal and triangle shaped windows of the tank and the two cyclopic openings of the airflow betray the presence of the atomizer.
Once the magnetic cap removed, we discover a slightly flared POM drip tip. The magnetic plug can then be positioned at the bottom-cap to avoid misplacement.
The design is sober. To break the obvious linearity of the design, we find the tank windows mentioned above and two "separations" chrome. The first is placed as a line of demarcation between the tank and the battery. The second is actually the bottom-cap which also becomes a kind of limit when we position our hood on it.
The switch is placed near the top-cap, it is a plastic button circled by an LED ring.
The coating is of good quality and does not take the finger marks. Everything seems of good quality and, my faith, for the price, we are not disappointed.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: Owner - Hybrid
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Operating lights
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus (1500mAh)
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 19
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
This part may be brief. Indeed, the GeekPro is a set that incorporates an atomizer and a battery, no settings and suddenly only one feature: vaper.
The atomizer opens at the top-cap, just unscrew it to access the tank. It is noted that the system is equipped with child safety. Still on the top-cap, we find the airflow adjustment ring. It makes it possible to vary the opening of the two cyclope-type slits.
Charging the battery is done using the micro-USB port on the side, at the same level as the switch, note that you can continue to vape during charging.
The charge level of the kit is indicated by the color of the LED circle lighting around the switch.
Finally, the kit is equipped with the necessary safety equipment: short circuit protection, overheating protection and cut-off at 10 seconds. A starter kit of the most simple and classic, now remains to see how it works.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The kit arrives in a cardboard box where black and red dominate. On the front, there is a representation of the kit, the Ehpro logo but also the partner logo myGeeko. On the short sides, you will find the technical characteristics of the product.
On the back, the legal notices and the various normative logos are placed.
Inside, the kit, two resistors, the micro-USB / USB cable and spare gaskets ensure a very good minimum service. There is also a record translated into French, which is nice, especially for a beginner.
A complete kit, well presented, which can not objectively be blamed on the sale price.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The GeekPro is very easy to use, which is a good thing given the audience that is targeted.
The filling is very simple. Press the top-cap lightly to unscrew it. We then extract the whole top-cap, chimney and resistance (just unscrew the resistance to change it even if your tank and full).
We fill the tank by respecting the limit indicated at the bottom of the tank.
We close and you're done.
Then just press 5 once on the switch to turn on our e-cig.
It is common to have liquid lifts at the start of this type of system but Ehpro had promised us no. And indeed, no gurgling, the promise is perfectly held.
Resistances in 0.6Ω offer a good level of flavors and the amount of steam is quite consistent for a starter kit.
The airflow is variable, just turn the top-cap to vary the two openings. The panel offered by this system goes from the tight vape to a vape that begins to be air but we remain on the MTL anyway, which seems logical for the stated goal of the set-up.
The battery life is very correct, the battery is charged in 1h30 / 2h and, in addition, the system is nothrought so you can vape during charging.
A pleasant product and easy to use and that's exactly what you want when you start.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? In sub-ohm assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Integral system
- Description of the test configuration used: as is
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: as it is
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
An AIO system without leaks, without gurgles or rising liquid, the promise is kept.
The GeekPro is a very successful starter kit. The design and finish are very good for an entry level product. The kit is very easy to use and the rendering it offers is more than correct. This is exactly what is expected of a first set-up, it is important to start with reliable equipment that does not leak and that does not subject you to the unpleasant experience of wandering old set-up.
This product deserves its top, it really has everything you need to start serenely and, frankly, I have no problem recommending it.
But, I must find a point to improve, I think it would be interesting to propose a resistance with a value above the ohm to allow the use of high levels of nicotine more easily.
A very good kit, effective and cheap, "almost perfect" to start well.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.