- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Heaven Gifts
- Price of the tested product: 62 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 150 W
- Maximum voltage: 7.5 V
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Kit. Fashion is in the kit! Kit furniture at Ikea, kit of vape, Kit Harington in Game of Thrones ... everything is kit!
As far as we are concerned, a kit proposes a more mod atomizer package. The advantage is to have at one time a loan-to-vape without taking the lead, a price in general less than the purchase in two separate elements and a consistent aesthetic. The disadvantage is that the quality of a kit is measured at its weakest element, necessarily.
LF. Fashion is at BF or Bottom Feeder. Thanks to Kanger for relaunching this technology for the pleasure of confirmed vapers who find, in this assembly between a mod self-sufficient in terms of liquid transport and a dripper charged with evaporation, an ideal compromise between flavors and steam, at least on paper.
Sigelei is a great Chinese manufacturer in the vape and the oldest still remember the first tubes of the brand that came to battle with the most famous American modellers on their own ground.
The Fuchai Kit borrows its name from the last king of the Wu dynasty and therefore proposes a bottom-feeder box carrying 5ml of liquid, coupled with a double-coil dripper, all for 62 € at our sponsor. An attractive financial restraint that is supposed to put the BF within the reach of all and is well enough in the many current proposals of competition. The manufacturer has for him a significant experience in the design of mods and chipsets but suffers from a total lack of image in the realization of atomizers.
It will be interesting in more than one way to extend the Fuchai on the test bench to see if the proposal offers a decent quality for a decent price. At work !
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 31
- Product Length or Height in mm: 124
- Product weight in grams: 259
- Material composing the product: Zinc alloy, Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 3
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.6 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Aesthetically, Sigelei has concocted a nice set-up. Modern appearance, rectangular shape with very rounded edges, color screen and dripper of square section, everything is made to seduce the eye and succeeds perfectly.
Added to this is a flattering finish that combines faultless assembly with great softness in hand materials and their coatings. On the subjective level of the perceived quality, it is well played.
The switch is rectangular, falls well under the finger provided, however, use the thumb because the bottle is located on the opposite side and will therefore require this digital configuration to be able to vaper and squonker without returning the box in hand to do so. Index users will be a little embarrassed by the configuration.
The interface buttons sit on the main facade just above the screen. Their shape and action have no major defects and, like the switch, they are reactive and lack of assembly fault.
The Oled display provides information on power, real-time voltage, output current, mounting resistance and the remaining percentage of battery life. Everything is displayed naturally and clearly using the colors to prioritize the information. Thus, the battery gauge changes color depending on the remaining charge, for example, and shows the autonomy depending on the support on the switch, which can be a little disconcerting at first because, at high power, the gauge goes down in real time very low to indicate the peak of discharge of the battery. But no worries, the practical autonomy remains substantial and quickly freed from the first emotions caused by the dramatic drop in the gauge at the first switch shot came.
The box will use 21700, 20700 or even "simple" 18650 batteries thanks to a supplied adapter. It claims to go up to 150W, which is theoretically possible to 0.1Ω, provided to use a battery sending an intensity of 40A even if, in fact, the box will struggle to hold this power for a long time. Moreover, the screen seems to agree with me since when 150W are requested, it hurry to display a "check battery" auspicious and "corrects" the power around 100W, which seems to me all the more Realistic ... Damage to the commercial impact but so much better for security.
The bottle is silicone and is very flexible. It is even a little "scary" at first contact but, as soon as it is filled, it hardens under the effect of the internal pressure of the liquid and becomes very easy to handle. Carrying 5ml of liquid, it looks like Coil Master flasks and fulfills its role perfectly.
The connection board is (thankfully!) Free from air intakes by the connection and typically offers a positive pin on spring. The bottom cap houses the hinged battery door, which again has no defect.
The dripper, meanwhile, adopts a classic velocity bridge and has two airholes ensuring a fairly consistent airflow. Made of aluminum, it has a rounded square shape with a rounded 810 drip-tip. It is however not free from defects, as we will see later.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Temperature control of the atomizer resistors, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650, 20700, 21700
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
At the mod, we find the leg Sigelei with a rich chipset, offering many useful features.
The working modes are two in number. First, the traditional variable power that proposes a range of use of 10 150 W on a scale of resistance that ranges from 0.1 to 3Ω. Then we have a temperature control that accepts titanium (T1), Ni200 and 304, 316 and 317 steels. No TCR here, so you'll have to settle for resistives already implemented. You will be able to oscillate between 100 and 300 ° C starting from 0.1Ω.
Ergonomics is fairly standard and will not confuse users of this type of machine. Five clicks on the switch are enough to turn the Fuchai on or off. Three clicks make it possible to enter the menu and thus access the six propositions: power, Ti1, Ni200, SS304, SS316 and SS317.
Simultaneous pressing of the switch and the [-] button will block the power. To unblock it, it will be enough to reproduce the manipulation.
Simultaneous pressing of the [+] button and the switch will allow you to enter the pre-heat setting. You will then indicate the desired preheating power and the duration of the action in seconds. Ideal to enhance a slightly heavy editing or calm a montage too sharp.
Pressing the [-] and [+] buttons simultaneously will cause the device to explode. Uh, sorry, it will calibrate the resistance in temperature control mode!
We therefore note that Sigelei has skipped some fashionable features like TCR, TFR, SNCF ... a whole series of acronyms that are generally more sources of misunderstanding than real gains for a serene vape. Good for ergonomics and too bad for the inexcusable geeks. This box does not connect to the Pentagon, it does not make a toaster, does not vibrate or phone. She is vamping.
As for the dripper, the result is less encouraging. Indeed, the airflow is not adjustable, which can seriously handicap the user wanting to influence the draw of his vape. The velocity-type tray is suitable and allows various mounting but only double-coil. The joints are not the most eye-catching that I have met and will dissuade you from holding your set-up by the dripper. By cons, the bottom-feeding system is developed and I did not notice any leaks, neither in the box nor by the RDA airholes placed, it is true, quite high on the barrel.
On the other hand, I have to greet the presence of a shutter that completely camouflages the squonker bottle and thus modifies the aesthetics of the box which becomes, by this simple fact, a non-BF box all there is has more normal. A good idea for anyone looking for versatility.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
We have here a traditional packaging whose merry white box effectively protects a rich enough content, very correct for the tariff category:
- The famous shutter to get a non-BF box.
- A cotton pad
- A USB / micro USB cable
- Two resistors
- A BTR key
- Spare screws for velocity post
- A polyglot notice that displays a French for once not too distended ...
Sigelei thus demonstrates its respect for the user, regardless of his nationality.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Let's go quickly to the box. Sigelei knows how to do it and offers us a complete mod and devoid of useless gadgets. The vape is direct, very nice and the quality of the signal is in the average over the category. The BF system is reliable, the latency is low and the general rendering, including temperature control, will only delight its owner. In addition, its constant control of the battery charge allows it to ensure a reassuring vape.
The dripper is less recommendable. Even though he is doing objectively rather badly, the deadlock on the airflow tuning has a heavy impact on the result. The flavors obtained are correct but lack precision, definition. The conductivity of the dripper seems rather weak and penalizes a little the responsiveness of the whole. The joints are too lazy and struggle to maintain the top-cap. It remains to his credit to be present, to be simple to edit and finish beautifully the aesthetics of the set-up.
The result is positive, but to appreciate this kit at its fair value, it will be better to opt in fine for a dripper more powerful to enjoy the quality of the box.
Otherwise, the error messages are very clear, the mod does not heat, dripper either elsewhere and everything is sexy enough. Let's put things in context. For the asking price, we have an honest kit that, although it deserved a more thoughtful RDA, will be an excellent introduction to bottom-feeding for an intermediate vaper.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, Dripper Bottom Feeder, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A RDA Bottom Feeder
- Description of the test configuration used: As it is
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: With a good BF dripper!
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.1 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The most beautiful girl in the world can only give what she has ... And the best kits must take into account the weaknesses of her weakest link. That's the way it is and here is the dripper who is a little poor relative of our kit of the day.
However, if we accept that Sigelei's proposal is rather devolved to intermediate vapers who make their first entry into the world of the BF, we are not on a bad set. The box is better than good standing and the dripper, if not revolutionary, may be sufficient for the first set of geeks in the making. It will be necessary to ignore, of course, the possibility of adjusting its airflow and take into account that this RDA, if it is not sluggish, lacks a little precision to exalt the tasty subtleties of our favorite liquids.
So here we have a half-success that could have been a game-changer with a little more attention on the dripper. But this is where Sigelei confronts his past with a strong experience on mods of all kinds but a panel of atomizers out that does not really plead in his favor.
The whole thing gets 4.1 / 5. The box would have done much better alone. The dripper would have done worse. It is necessary to know reason to keep then, cut for a happy medium!
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.