- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Tech Steam
- Price of the tested product: 46 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 75 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
To say that Joyetech is proposing new things in a mess is just a mild euphemism. Indeed, not a month goes by without us arriving a new ato or a new mod. Joyetech hopes to occupy the space on the e-cigarette market and, unlike some competitors like Innokin, play the amount of references to be present at all levels of range and in all areas of vape.
An aggressive commercial policy that has hitherto perfectly successful to the Chinese giant because this commercial forcing is accompanied in 90% of cases of great care in the manufacture of products offered, always doubled a value for money particularly advantageous for the vapoteur.
Today, Joyetech offers us the 2 version of one of its biggest bestsellers, if not the biggest: the EVIC VTC Mini. The Evic Vtwo Mini arrives with a halo of the glory of its glorious predecessor and the many vapers that had rightly cracked on the VTC expect, as usual with Joyetech, a farandole novelties.
This is where the story is going to be a little tough, I tell you all right.
The VTwo, let's call it by its first name, is sold under the psychological bar of 50 €. It sends 75W on an 18650 battery. It is therefore in the lower part of the mid-range and should interest confirmed or expert vapers in their daily movements because we have here a box size and weight content, powerful enough, deemed reliable and packed with features. It is available in black, white, red, blue and orange. Let's see where all this leads us.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22.2
- Product Length or Height in mms: 82
- Product weight in grams: 164
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Aesthetically, the VTwo is the perfect clone of the VTC Mini. Larger screen? No, sir. Modified ribs? No, ma'am. Different coating? No more. It's the same, exactly the same, exactly the same.
We are therefore on a box of good quality, with a nice coating, a traditional parallelepipedal shape and twin in every point, anatomically speaking, its predecessor. To be clear, Joyetech has just recycled its VTC and has not sprained the spleen to give his best-seller a different descent. The girl looks like the mother. This is often the case, you say. But there, it is undoubtedly too disturbing!
The different buttons are, themselves, identical to those of the VTC. No change. Always pleasant to handle, they offer the advantage of an easy and tested topography and fall naturally under the fingers.
The quality is preserved but, quite between us, I would have preferred by far that Joyetech fend a true new model and do better than recycle the old. Even if the aesthetic is far from being "has-been" in view of its simplicity very "Bauhaus", we could have hoped a risk-taking and perhaps a significant change since we are on a real change of version , and not a V1.2 ...
The first contact leaves a taste of unfinished.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the current vape voltage, current vape power display, atomizer resistors temperature control, support firmware update, clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? Alarm type alarm
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
This is where lies the long-awaited revolution that gives all its interest to this VTwo: the clock!
Indeed, for the rest, it's the same. Except a double protection of the batteries, always useful certainly, but as the previous simple protection worked very well, we can discuss the real interest, there is also a change of version of the firmware that passes here in version 4.02, upgrade which most -value remains to be determined. I saw no difference except the aforementioned clock.
Note also the essential presence of the possibility of including a custom logo ... Between that and the clock, here is the real ambition of the VTwo. For those who expected a revolution or even an evolution, circulate, there's nothing to see ...
Still, the VTwo fortunately inherits features already present on the VTC: temperature control in NI200, Titanium and SS316, in TCR, power mode and By-Pass mode for a semi-mechanical mode.
The story continues without much moment of suspense. I begin to think that Joyetech lacked ambition on the spot.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
We are on a packaging Joyetech, saying that the consumer is not wronged.
It's complete: notice in French, stuff to scratch or you never win, a translucent silicone skin, a charging cable. In short, the total Chinese style of professional training that Westerners seem hard to provide for products three times more expensive.
This packaging looks like the VTC Mini, you'll understand!
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Unbelievable ! The VTwo works as well as the VTC !!!!
Nothing to do, it's always good. The chipset behaves beautifully, the features are accessible quickly, the box does not seem more energy-consuming than its ancestor. Everything is fine. And then, the presence of the clock is of blatant utility if you are without a watch or mobile phone, which must be the case of a French on 100000.
At the level of the rendering of vape, it is quite amazing again, it is exactly the same as that of the VTC! Tested in comparison with the same ato, the same power, one obtains rigorously the same good level of vape. No more no less.
It's great, Joyetech managed to copy his own material. And without being wrong, please!
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Very nice with the same color Cubis Pro, the mod fits with any 22mm diameter atomizer
- Description of the test configuration used: Theorem, Cubis Pro, Royal Hunter mini
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: VTwo Mini + Cubis Pro
was the product liked by the reviewer: Bof, this is not the craze
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.1 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
What is the ambition of Joyetech with this product that is strictly the same, with two peanuts, the previous? It's simple: continue to occupy the ground of novelty, even if it means rebadging its older models. If, commercially, it stands, it is different from the innovation that is totally absent here.
I have the impression that after a Reuleaux RX200S which is only a slight improvement of the previous one and a VTwo which is almost identical to the VTC, the group Joyetech rest a little on its acquired, brilliant it is necessary recognize and try to persist in the panorama by multiplying a versioning without real interest.
On balance, for those who do not have the VTC Mini, you can be seduced by the VTwo Mini and your purchase will only cause you amenities. For others, go your way waiting for a VThree hoping that Joyetech finds inspiration that seems to be temporarily down.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.