- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Vapoclope
- Price of the tested product: 54.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Voltage and variable power electronics with temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 75 watts
- Maximum voltage: 6
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Joyetech does not stop proposing new materials, and of course in the lot, there is new and new. The eVic series started in 2013 with a mod that at the time, proved to be much more advanced than its colleagues, and already it was accompanied by a small software, which allowed us some interesting manipulations, although our perfectly obsolete days.
Today's eVic's are much more elaborate and far more powerful than their ancestors. The VTC mini has experienced a worldwide craze justified by several criteria, both in performance and affordability. Joyetech offers a "new" version of this little wonder.
The VTwo is indeed the ultimate declination of eVic VTC mini, it is supposed to bring new performance even as its aesthetic resemblance remains the same. Everything will happen inside, at the level of embedded electronics, and an additional accessory which we will talk about again.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22.2
- Product Length or Height in mms: 82
- Product weight in grams: 170
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, Brass
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini - IStick type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Medium
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.1 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
For those who know the eVic VTC mini, this VTwo is the perfect clone, externally and to the cover of the battery housing, it's the same object.
The body and lid are in satin lacquered aluminum, the lid is machined in the mass and has inside a thick reinforcement along its length, at each end a housing houses a magnet and also helps to strengthen the room.
Width: 38,20 mm Thickness: 22,20 mm Height: 82 mm, for an empty weight of 115g barely. The interior finish is impeccable. At the 510 connector, the top-cap has two concentric circles grooved to allow a supply of air from below for some atomizers, the positive pad is mounted on spring thus ensuring flush screwing of a large majority of drippers , RTA, and RBA, you will need a 510 / eGo adapter for eGo connections (eVod type clearos). The positive pin is floating and allows mounting closer to the box.
The charge connection of the battery is located on the front side, screen side, to put the box mounted atomizer, standing, which avoids the risk of leakage of juice. The rounded corners give a pleasant ergonomics to the handling of the box.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a floating pine.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the Current vape voltage, Current vape power display, Vape time display of each puff, Variable overheat protection of atomizer resistors, Atomizer resistance temperature control, Supports setting its firmware, Supports the customization of its behavior by external software, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
I will give you button manipulations by number of pressures, lines displayed, and automated locking time, you will find in the manual in relative French, all these data accompanied by clear descriptions.
This will be about features and alerts that the VTwo has
Supported battery: 18650 flat top to 25A mini (35A recommended)
In addition to counting the number of puffs (bottom line on the screen) that does not appear in the protocol, the eVic allows you flushes of 10 seconds, then cuts it.
The power range is from 1 to 75 Watts, but you can also convert it to an overload protected mod. The usual protections are of course effective: reverse polarity, overload, resistance value too low / high, short circuit, capacity and remaining charge of the battery (2,9V), internal overheating of the box from 70 ° C.
Variation of power or voltage delivered in increments of 0,1 unit (V or W). Control and protection of coil temperature in VT (variable temperature) mode from 100 to 315 ° C - 200 to 600 ° F with resistive nickel, titanium, SS 316 assemblies, in increments of 5 ° C. Settings lock function, screen off during vape, screen time adjustment (new), lock function of the atomizer resistance value.
maximum voltage delivered: 6V. For the minimum resistance value, it depends on the chosen mode,
Resistance values minimum and maximum supported depending on the mode chosen.
VT mode (variable temperature) Ni, Ti, SS 316, (Nickel, Titanium, Stainless Steel): 0,05 ohm to 1 ohm max.
VW mode (vari vol or watt) and Bypass (protected mecha): 0,1 ohm to 3,5 ohms max.
Another novelty, the time! not really useful to the vape but not useless for the distracted ones who would have forgotten their watch, telephone, vehicle, and whose glasses glasses would not allow them to read it on the multiple supports existing everywhere. 2 Modes are offered, a classic Roman numerals, and a digital.
3 stored in TCR mode memory, for 3 different mountings so, M1, M2, M3. The instructions indicate the values to be entered according to the quality of the resistive used.
An absolutely indispensable and new logo mode too (since the update of May 2016 for the mini VTC), is proposed to you but will know why? you can do without it.
Your eVic obviously benefits from the features offered by the my Vapor software and you can update the firmware from the Joyetech website, by downloading it HERE, just like the software.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The cardboard box effectively protects the various components, thanks in particular to the materials that make up the inside of the lid (soft foam) and the insert where the box is housed (rigid foam).
You will find, a USB / micro USB cable, the notice and a small document which you will scratch an insert, which will reveal the security number of your acquisition, verifiable on the site of the Chinese manufacturer with the serial number. A protective silicone case is also present in this package, Joyetech has certainly become aware of the fragility of the painted coating of his box, this explains that.
All information and contacts are listed on the notice. A description of the elements noted on the box indicates the presence inside, with corresponding boxes ticked or not.
For the asking price, it turns out that the type conditioning of Joyetech is largely up to par.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Like its sister VTC mini this box is very responsive, its many possible configurations make it a complete and effective tool. The screen is a little energy and you can adjust the function, either in duration or by opting to turn it off.
One battery will be insufficient for the day when used above 50W, with a consumption of 10ml / day.
The magnetic cover fits perfectly in place and nothing moves with use.
Only the quality of the painting may seem insufficient, you will use the case in case of risky activities, in order to keep it intact at this level.
The ergonomics are nice, the VTwo does not take too much space in the pockets, do not forget to turn off (5 clicks to the switch).
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Any type of ato up to 22mm diameter, sub ohm mountings
- Description of the test configuration used: Mini Goblin 0,33 ohm, 18650 35A
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Open bar, prefer the sub ohm mounts to use the VT mode
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.7 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The VTwo does contain some novelties, but it is regrettable to me that his painting is still subject to flaking, an effort could have been made on this point, despite the addition of the holster which remains a pis- to go to look good.
It is still true that this box will continue to please (rightly) to many of us because of these many qualities, and its reasonable price. The VT mode now adopts stainless steel and it is a plus undeniable compared to its sister VTC mini.
The French shops, like the one who lent this material, propose it also in kit with the Cubis and this contributes to make this box a "must have" for a vape in complete safety, complete and effective.
The Top Box seems justified to me because the evolution of the eVic series without price difference, contributes to the comfort of the vapers. This box is available in several colors, which will not displease these ladies, as its size and weight, which will suit most of us.
The vape advance, Joyetech leads the ship well with some other manufacturers, take advantage.
See you soon.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.