- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Vapoclope
- Price of the tested product: 89.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 80 watts
- Maximum voltage: 8.25
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
At Joyetech, the kits are essential. This marketing model has something to seduce us when we know the mastery of the brand concerning both clearomizers and mods. Today we are going to talk about a set whose atomizer has proved its worth and a box which, technically, is one of the most accomplished of the moment.
The cost of this set VTwo 80W and Cubis Pro may seem a little rough, knowing that the box theoretically can not be re-equipped with rechargeable batteries when they are HS and that the clearo works with proprietary resistors (that we can not seem to substitute the compatible BF RBA head on the old model Cubis Pro 3ml .... look for the error!).
We'll see this in detail, if these slightly off-the-wall options are overshadowed by performance, you'll probably make a reasonable choice when you buy that hardware, or Joyetech and elsewhere have a choice.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 25.5
- Product Length or Height in mms: 96.7
- Product weight in grams: 120
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel, Aluminum, Brass
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the bottom cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Plastic Adjustment Knob
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The Cubis Pro detailed in this review:http://www.levapelier.com/archives/25583 is an 4ml atomizer of capacity, filling at the top, with airflow on the top-cap, very discreet. A series of resistors compatible Joyetech trend "sub-ohm reasonable", can satisfy many vapers, especially as the ato is elegant, lightweight and 4ml are welcome if you do not have the hands free, or l opportunity to stop for a moment. It does not leak at all, which only confirms its good reputation.
50,7mm high (including drip-tip) for 46 g, it is a featherweight in a slender body of 22mm in diameter, aesthetically compatible with all tubes of this size (obviously). The chimney outlet (in fact the chimney is the resistance that serves as the remaining 19mm host the airflow system), is 5mm. 2 times five holes of 1mm in diameter act as air intake vents (2 opposite rows of five each), which you will open from 0 to 10, two by two, with the adjusting ring.
The positive pin is not adjustable, but the ato is screwed perfectly on the box. The drip-tip is of the genus 510, made of plastic, it leaves a useful length in the mouth of 11mm, the remaining 5mm are devolves to the fixation by 2 O-rings.
The filling is done from the top, by unscrewing the upper part of the top-cap. Then there are two slots in an arc that can accommodate all the tips of the bottles and the pipettes that we are used now. We will return later on the different resistors that the Cubis Pro needs to work.
The box (eVic VTwo) is an eVic VT 80W that takes, for the most part of its features, those of its sister VTC which it shares the software (firmware) and the charging function and the screen Oled, as the 'eGrip II which it approaches more aspect. You will find journals on their subjects on these pages:http://www.levapelier.com/archives/25345 et http://www.levapelier.com/archives/11340 ou http://www.levapelier.com/archives/10276 and for eGrip II: http://www.levapelier.com/archives/23542 And there: http://www.levapelier.com/archives/23429
Its particularity is to ship 2 Li Po totaling 5000mAh accumulator to allow you a substantial battery life below 50W operating power, beyond that, we will come back to it, the autonomy is less obvious. The other side of the coin is (as it says above), that these batteries are integrated and a priori, not replaceable.
The menu selection and setting control is unique, unlike the 2 buttons on the VTCs. The selection of settings is validated with the switch, the option to be set flashes to indicate your choice.
Its weight is 120g for a length of almost 97mm (adjustment control included), a maximum thickness of 25,5mm, and mini (at the ends) of 22mm. Its width is 47mm, it can be suitable for female hands, it is more, comes with a silicone cover promoting the protection of the painted coating, the grip.
29 degassing holes on 3 lines the bottom-cap of the VTwo, a small solitary hole is used to perform a reset and thus return to the factory settings.
The top-cap is stainless steel, 4 screws betray the possibility of disassembling the beast and for the boldest of us, the possibility of replacing Li Po cells .... The future will tell us more, I am convinced. The positive pine seems floating (short race).
A charging module has a microUSB connection at the top of one of the facades, the function is passthrough (so you can vaper during reloading).
This kit comes under good auspices it is pleasing to the eye, and comes in several colors (which should not displease the ejaculatory). The finish is impeccable, for the moment its price is justified.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a floating pine.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: None / Mod Mech, Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Display of the voltage of vape in progress , Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff, Display of the vape time since a certain date, Variable protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the resistances of the Atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware, Clear diagnostic messages
- Compatibility accus: LiPo
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 25.5
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The box also offers a bypass function (protected mecha), and the functions TC (temperature control, from 100 to 315 ° C) and TCR to preset your vape according to the resistance value of your atomizer as well as the type of material of which are formed coils. This mode can pre-calibrate 3 different settings for different 3 atos (M1, M2, and M3).
The display appears on 6 lines and gives the information of the chosen vape mode: power (VW), bypass, TC Ni, TC Ti, TRC M1, M2 ..., we then find the power in W (or the temperature in C ° or F ° in TC mode), the value of the resistor, the discharge current in amperes (A), the output power in W in TC mode, or the V output power in VW mode and bypass, the number of puffs or the total duration of vape in seconds, and finally the charge level of the battery.
You can display a functional clock in standby or in operation, other more futile options are also present, I leave you to discover them on the manual explicitly written in French.
The VTwo accepts resistors from 0,05 to 1,5 ohm in TC mode and 0,15 to 3 ohms in VW and Bypass mode. Its firmware is "upgradable" on the manufacturer's website. The built-in batteries are given for 5000mAh which, on paper, gives the VTwo a serious energy autonomy.
This is quite noticeable at 40W with a resistance of 0,5ohm, the box will hold you a big day without problem (12ml, or 3 tanks). From 55W and beyond, with an ato 0,25 ohm, the autonomy will decrease significantly and you will probably have steamed the 12ml, in a shorter period of time.
A reload to 1 Ah therefore lasts 5 hours, the box will shut down when the battery reaches its maximum discharge supported without damage (3,3V).
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Conditioning is a Joyetech classic. The different parts are perfectly protected, on 2 levels. The box is on the upper floor encased in a white semi-rigid foam.
Below, separated by a piece of cardboard, resting on a bed of fine foam, you will find: the Cubis in a closed bag, 3 O-rings a replacement drip-tip, a USB / micro USB cord, a protective cover, 4 sealed resistances, a cotton bag (to redo your BF Notchcoil), an authentication card for a Joyetech product, a resistance / various correspondence card, and 2 notices in French for the ato and the box.
Again, the equipment in this package is, in my opinion, helping to legitimize the total cost of the product.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? The Cubis is quite appropriate
- Description of the test configuration used: eVic VTwo Kit - Cubis Pro
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Open bar, prefer the sub ohm mounts to use the VT mode
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
This kit, once set / calibrated for the box and operational for ato, just proves impeccable. The Cubis is one of the most efficient clearos in terms of restitution of flavors with a steam volume quite correct, the replacement of resistors can be done during the tank, the box is easily handled and all settings can be locked. Cleaning the Cubis is childish, only the length of the battery can be a concern, knowing that you can still vape during reloading, you will have the night to do this, it should be enough.
The vape with the Cubis will be rather warm to warm, even the airflow fully open, as was the case at 32W and 0,5ohm with the BF SS TC set at 180 ° C, for your fruity, at the price of a volume less steam, you will need to lower the power below 30W, if you want to vape less warm.
The amplitude of the possible power values leaves many options of vape, the Cubis not being necessarily your favorite atomizer, you will have no trouble to configure your VTwo closer to the requirements of your vape with any atomizer, 80W being good enough for most of us.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
At the end of this review I can finally tell you that the price of this box + atomizer is justified, a Top Mod testifies, this material is fully adapted to a very large number of us. I'm optimistic, someone will find a way to adapt a RBA resistance to this Cubis Pro (if Joyetech does not propose before) and a tutorial on the change of cells Li Po should appear shortly, thanks to the Net and the resourcefulness of vapers.
So this kit will be perfect, it is already, as long as you have resistance and your batteries work. The package is very complete, and the price of the heads is not so high, given their longevity, do not hesitate to send us your comments and findings on this material, if it evolves in the future it will be thanks to your interventions.
Remember that we are our vape.
Good big clouds to you, see you soon.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.