- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: myVapors Europe
- Price of the tested product: 86.89 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 euros)
- Mod type: Voltage and variable power electronics with temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 60 watts
- Maximum voltage: 5
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The hardware evolving faster than our protocols, I will make some corrections, on the maximum voltage delivered: 5,1 V. For the minimum resistance value, it depends on the chosen mode,
VT mode (variable temperature) Ni or Ti (Nickel or Titanium): 0,05 ohm to 1 ohm max
VW mode (vari vol or watt) and Bypass (protected mecha): 0,1 ohm to 3,5 ohm max
It seems a long time ago for the eVic and its regulating control head at 11 W, yet it is still on sale, and I keep mine as a relic (it was my 1er mod electro).
Joyetech has now moved to state-of-the-art technology by offering boxes that meet the expectations of the most demanding vapers, the VTC Mini 60W we test today is a concentrate of options that will delight geeks.
The kit consists of a box, an eGo one Mega 4ml clearomizer, 2 Nickel 0.2 Ohm atomizer resistors and 0.4 Ohm Titanium, a USB / mini USB charging cable and a manual in French. All in a box well studied to protect the various elements mentioned.
The asking price for such equipment seems appropriate to me, because we are going to see it, it is neither more nor less than what makes it more complete in terms of pure vape options, in a solidly worked material, of ergonomics and a remarkable aesthetics. It is not the smallest box on the market to a few millimeters in height and width, but its dimensions make it an object suitable for all hands over 18 years.
Joyetech has accustomed us to its high quality, innovative and reliable products, the eVic VTC Mini is a perfect example.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22.2
- Product Length or Height in mms: 82
- Product weight in grams: 120
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Excellent I love this button in every way
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The body and the lid are in satin black lacquered aluminum, the lid is machined in the mass and has inside a thick reinforcement along its length, at each end a housing houses a magnet and also helps to strengthen the room.
The body in its embedded electronic part receives a profiled box to cover part of the battery, and incorporate the components (chipset screen buttons) screwed and removable. The insulation of this part of the box to the possible leaks of liquid seems effective. The battery receiving part is terminated at the top and bottom of 2 inserts each containing a lid closure magnet. Only 18650 flat top batteries are accepted and enter the positive pole in front of a spring-mounted contact button.
The interior finish is impeccable. At the 510 connector, the top cap presents 2 concentric circles grooved to allow a supply of air from below for some atomizers, the positive pad is mounted on spring thus ensuring flush screwing of a very large majority of drippers, RTA , and RBA. You will need an 510 / eGo adapter for eGo connections (eVod type clearos). The charge connection of the battery is located on the front side screen to put the box, mounted dripper, standing, which avoids the risk of leakage of juice. The rounded corners give a pleasant ergonomics to the handling of this object whose width is 38,2 mm for a weight with the battery around 170 G.
The adjustment buttons are active back from the body surface which minimizes the inconvenience due to unintentional pressures, the firing is it a little more prominent and does not offer this advantage.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Variable protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the atomizer resistors, Supports the update of its firmware, clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Mini-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22.2
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
I will give you button manipulations by number of pressures, lines displayed, and automated locking time, you will find in the manual in relative French, all these data accompanied by clear descriptions.
It will be about the features and alerts that is endowed with this wonder, let's go!
In addition to counting the number of puffs that does not appear in the protocol, the eVic allows you puffs of 10 seconds, then it cuts.
The power range is from 1 to 60 Watts, but you can also convert it to an overload protected mod. We saw above the values of minimum and maximum resistances supported according to the chosen mode. The usual protections are of course effective (reverse polarity, overload, resistance value too low / high, short circuit, capacity and remaining charge of the battery, internal overheating of the box from 70 ° C). Variation of power or voltage delivered in increments of 0,1 unit (V or W). Control and protection of coil temperature in TC (temperature control) mode from 100 to 315 ° C - 200 to 600 ° F with resistive nickel or titanium mountings in increments of 5 ° C - 10 ° F. Locking function settings, screen function off during the vape, lock function of the atomizer resistance value.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The cardboard box effectively protects the various components of the kit, thanks to the materials that make up the inside of the lid (soft foam) and the insert where the box is housed (rigid foam). You will find the notice and a small document of which you will scratch an insert which will reveal the security number of your acquisition, verifiable on the site of the Chinese manufacturer with the serial number. All information and contacts are noted on the notice. A description of the elements on the back of the box indicates the presence inside, with corresponding boxes ticked or not.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
For use with the supplied ato and resistors allowing a good check of the validity of the advertised functions I must say that it is a real treat. The OLED screen is not excessively energy-consuming (it cuts quickly when not in use) and you can, once the settings are made and locked, keep it off, which saves a little more autonomy of the battery. I am not using the built-in charging module, but I can tell you that it is calibrated to 1 Ah with a wall adapter (not supplied) and that it will only be powered in 0,5 Ah on your PC USB output or portable, so it will take twice as much time.
Joyetech has really done very well with this box, its power range is amply enough to go up to 0,2ohm. Alerts are clear and your batteries will not discharge below 3,3V.
The firmware operating the chipset functions is "upgradable" on the website of the brand, the current version V1.10 may be embellished with future developments that you can incorporate into your box in a while, it is to be expected as Chinese manufacturers are responsive to the remarks and suggestions of the world's vaping community whole.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A classic fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Rebuildable Genesis type metal mounting mesh, Rebuildable Genesis type mounting metal wick
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Any type of 510 connection atomizer, mounted from 0,2 to 3 ohms
- Description of the test configuration used: eVic VTC Mini - eGo One Mega Resistance 0,4ohm Ti and 0,2ohm Ni
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: To benefit from the temperature control, any type of dry, RTA, RBA, mounted with resistive Nickel or Titanium
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.7 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
For this range of maximum power this box is a marvel of technology, quality of finish, and strength. Its ergonomics make it attractive for you ladies, especially since it exists in 3 different colors. The kit offers an atomizer with proprietary resistors of good quality for immediate use and to experiment with temperature control modes.
Joyetech is a pioneering company of the regulated vape modular, it was necessary to concoct the perfect tool for all to us, that is done.
Do not hesitate to inform us of your observations or to suggest details that would have escaped me if you wish, I will strive to keep you informed in my turn of the evolutions of the firmware when it will appear here.
See you soon
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.