- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Tech Steam
- Price of the tested product: 65.60 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 75 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
And if we were talking about an old good idea that went astray in clumsy achievements?
Some time ago, Joyetech released an Egrip whose concept was to centralize in the same product battery and atomizer. Idea excellent for the rest since it allowed a gain of space but also a simpler and educational approach to the object. Alas, reality decided otherwise. Unreliable, tightness subject to caution (provide for pressing costs), the transition from theory to practice was not without some ... soft focus.
A second opus came to drive the nail in the direction or, if the concept was identical, the defects, they were also ...
We thought that the idea had dried up from itself, confronted with an all-powerful physical reality.
At the same time, Joyetech was becoming a major force for innovation in the ecosystem by releasing proprietary chipsets of very good quality and by inventing, excuse of the little, the first guaranteed atomizers without leaks. Given the success of these proposals, unanimously hailed as reliable and inventive, the idea of highlighting the dusty concept of Egrip made its way into the brain of the engineers of the Celestial Empire.
This is how the AIO eVic comes to us, for All In One, a compact box including a Cubis Pro, the 75W chipset of the house in its latest version and some additional finds that I will keep for later, since I know you and know that you will stop reading otherwise ... 😉
The fare is located around 65 €, which is not a deterrent, taking into account that the competition offers nothing close. Of course, home chipset requires, we will find a variable power mode, a full temperature control mode with TCR, a By-Pass mode emulating a mechanical mod, a clock (the Chinese have a problem with time passing ...) and globally all that current technology has to offer.
So, third attempt missed or success with the key? Take your peanuts, a drink and a mod, we'll see that together.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 26
- Product Length or Height in mms: 105
- Product weight in grams: 259
- Materials constituting the product: Stainless steel, Zinc Alloy, Pyrex
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, not the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 7
- Number of threads: 4
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The size is compact and, if one takes into account that there is no real need to add an atomizer from above, it is even advantageously low. The weight remains quite substantial, there is matter, I do not see a fault but rather a peace of mind.
Aesthetically, an effort was made at the Chinese giant to offer a fairly advantageous physique, mixing a well-rounded flank on the flanks of the box to a flattering design, obtained using textured stickers imitating leather and a body whose finish leaves no room for chance. We finally come out of the dictatorship of the parallelepiped at Joyetech and it's a crazy good! Roundings on the four edges of the vertices allow a comfortable grip and avoid rigidity of the drawing. Well seen.
The body uses various materials, chosen for their physical qualities, such as a zinc alloy and aluminum for the chassis to achieve the object by molding and ensuring a good ratio rigidity / impact resistance.
The built-in pyrex tank is removable. Yes, you read it well, you can remove it to clean it or to fill it. It is removed in the same way as a battery, effortlessly thanks to two windows open for this manipulation and a look at the amount of liquid remaining. This is already a beautiful evolution, even a revolution since we see that, like the Cubis pro atomizer, this tank has a bottom, supreme guarantee that the device will not leak.
The main facade features the OLED screen of 0.96 inch already glimpsed on other productions of the manufacturer. A screen of great readability, with all the useful information and proposing, in terms of screen saver, the famous clock, now known useful gadget or not, to you to appreciate. It also includes a round and flat switch, which falls perfectly under the index or thumb and whose operation is very pleasant.
The bottom-cap is interesting for more than one reason since it includes the [+] and [-] adjustment buttons. Placed on the same bar, they are pleasantly sized and are suitable even for big fingers like mine, unlike those of the eVic Basic, too small to perform their duties in this case. The position of the buttons could be disconcerting, it is not because we realize quickly that we can adjust very intuitively while following the screen that, for once, will not be camouflaged by your knuckles. If you are wondering about a possible untimely tripping of this bar when the mod is in a standing position, rest assured, the manufacturer has advantageously located back from the body which serves as a guardrail.
On top-cap throne the apparent part of the integrated Cubis Pro, with its stainless steel construction and its drip-tip of the same metal. The airflow control ring, borrowed as it is from the Cubis Pro solo, is easily accessible as well as the removable part that allows a filling of the ato from above, without getting tired and without constraints since the orifices dedicated for this purpose are well dimensioned.
All threaded parts are rigorously machined and there is no problem to screw or unscrew the various elements.
It remains to speak of the cover used to access the interior of the eVic AIO. It is (well) thanks to a single magnet of good length and is easily unclamped thanks to a lug located on the bottom of the facade opposite that of the screen.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510 - via adapter, Ego - via adapter, Owner - Hybrid
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the current vape voltage, current vape power display, vape time display of each puff, temperature control of the atomizer resistors, support firmware update, support customization of its behavior by external software, Clear diagnostic messages, Operating light indicators
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The AIO eVic is equipped with the chipset house already present in the eVic VTC Mini 2, we will, if you want it, quickly pass on the many features that our box offers.
The modes are four in number:
The variable power mode: Traditional at Joyetech, this mode poses no particular problem. It will work with a resistive kanthal or stainless steel and increments and decrements with buttons [+] and [-] by tenth of watts. If you hold down one of the adjustment knobs, the accelerator starts to get you to the desired power faster. Pressing the [+] and [-] buttons at the same time locks the power. It will be the same to lock the temperature. This mode operates on a resistance scale between 0.1 and 3.5Ω.
The temperature control mode: Native accepting three types of resistive (SS316, Ni200 and titanium), it is efficient between 0.05 and 1.5Ω. It is triggered by clicking three times on the switch, which allows you to enter the menu and by searching, you will end up finding your favorite resistive. Otherwise, the notice in French will help you there. Then, we validate with the switch and we can adjust the power by degrees between 100 ° and 315 °. I recall, as an indication, that at 290 ° C, vegetable glycerine decomposes resulting in the formation of acrolein. You therefore know the temperature not to exceed to vape healthily.
TCR mode: Complementary to the previous mode, the TCR (Temperature Coefficient of Resistance) allows you to implement yourself the heating coefficient of your resistive if it is not one of the three proposed natively. To do this, nothing simpler. Box off, you simultaneously press the [+] button and the switch. After a few seconds of waiting, you access the TCR menu or you will be able to store three different heating coefficients on three separate memories (M1, M2 and M3). Then, when you go to the lit menu, you can choose M1, M2 or M3 in the temperature control. For the record, here are some coefficients:
- SS304: Between 101 and 105
- SS317: 94
- SS430: 138
- NiFe 30: 320
- Spaghetti: Al dente
By-Pass mode: By choosing this mode in the menu, the AIO eVic will behave like a mechanical mod. That is, the system will pump the battery voltage directly, without regulation but keeping the protections. Nothing special here.
Since we are talking about protections, they are numerous and managed by two dedicated chips. Just know that the eVic will not protect you from excessive consumption of e-liquid but, apart from this detail, it will protect you from everything else ...
There is, however, a mechanical feature that makes the AIO eVic even more outstanding. An idea certainly simple but close to the genius! In fact, remove the access cover to the battery. Then, remove the tank. Take the supplied 510 adapter and screw it on the top-cap instead of the Cubis head. And presto, here you are with a eVic VTC Mini of last generation, accepting all kinds of atomizers. So you can, if you go on a trip, use the set-up as provided for your daily trips and, returned to your resort in the evening, take out a good old dripper and install it directly on it, in 1 minute shows in hand. This feature is just great and doubles, icing on the cake, a positive pin on spring, ensuring full compatibility with all possible atos.
Well, I make a break because I have a finger on my finger and I come back to talk about conditioning.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Another strike! Decidedly, Joyetech has not skimped for the AIO eVic. You have in the traditional white cardboard box:
- The box
- 2 drip-tips, one of which is equipped with anti-liquid lifts
- 2 2 games stickers to change the color of your box (white or brown)
- The famous 510 adapter
- 4 different resistors (QCS, Notchcoil 0.25Ω, Clapton 1.5Ω, BF SS316 0.50Ω). For the record, the QCS is a Notchcoil resistance allowing you to change the cotton yourself)
- The micro USB / USB cable
- 1 multilingual notice including French
- 1 warranty card
- 1 table of resistances available and their characteristics
Well, I believe that the mass is said and that, if this packaging does not deserve the note of 5, I do not see who deserves it ...
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
No leaks with the basic set-up. No untimely heating, including high power. An easy transport thanks to a real compactness. The ability to put the ato of choice through the adapter and it works very well. I do not see anything, a priori, that could disturb the idyllic picture of the delivery in use of the eVic AIO.
The rendering of vape, due to a reliable and reliable chipset, is always a source of surprise in this price range. The integrated Cubis behaves like his lonely big brother and does better than fulfill his role with a consequent rendering of flavors, coupled with a nice volume of steam.
Personally, I find that the BF SS316 is the best option in terms of resistance because it allows to ride in the towers while not heating too much, the airflow of the atomizer allowing largely direct inhalation but its placement towards the top of the ato (to avoid the famous leaks) still prevents a perfect heat dissipation. With the Clapton resistance, for example, or the Notch Coil, the ato quickly becomes hot and the vapor difficult to appreciate.
Apart from the downside which is, all in all, a need to adapt the good resistance to the system, there is nothing wrong with the operation of the product. It is an awakening dream that materializes: the culmination of the Egrip concept without any of its initial disadvantages.
And then, between us, I remove the head of the Cubis when I want, I put on a mini Royal Hunter with an odiously low resistance, I put the power to the max and I invade the steam room in two minutes! And that's the very big class.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Either the one provided or the one you want. This is the magic effect of the AIO eVic
- Description of the test configuration used: The one provided
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: The one supplied with SS resistance in 0.5
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Bet won hands down for Joyetech. The AIO eVIC is not the third generation of the Egrip, it's a revolution that will quickly become a bestseller. Already, by the few insiders, stocks are empty little by little and I wonder even if Joyetech has planned a sufficient production. I would not be surprised if this product, which is a marvel, stands out as the new darling of the vapotesque microcosm and far beyond.
This is not a box, it's not an ato, it's both, it's magic and it's a masterful slap! And so a perfectly deserved Top Mod !!!!!
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.