- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: Tech Vapeur
- Price of the tested product: 54.9 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 30 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.3
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
It is with a little bit of delay on the competition that Aspire finally gratifies us with a box-shaped mod with variable power. Reasonable, both at the tariff level and at the level of the maximum power proposed, ESP 30W will play the card of the sexy-attitude to try to find a place in a market segment already busy.
So here we have a box steel / carbon, a very nice oblong shape, donning the colors dear to the mark and already used on these previous mods of the series CF. The price is not prohibitive but if it relates to the proposed power, it is still at the top of the table especially when compared to the IStick 30W which is almost 10 € below for the same power.
But ESP 30W is not devoid of assets that it intends to expose to make the difference.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 24.5
- Product Length or Height in mms: 93.6
- Product weight in grams: 101.2
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Adjustment Knob
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
ESP 30W is mainly composed of two materials: black stained stainless steel for bottom and top caps and carbon fiber for the body. The result is an elegant and friendly appearance whose overall finish is very correct. Unlike some competitors, the mod seems to last in time and a few days in my company awkward patent will have caused him any scratch or unpleasant aesthetic. This is a good omen.
The switch is very nice. Small, it has been a good job of ergonomics because it falls well under the index. A reassuring little click salutes the pressure of the finger and the race is short and flexible.
The steel adjustment knob is very well made and simply serves to increase or decrease the power. So, no need for the eternal buttons "+" and "-": turn the wheel and the vaporette will come! I note in passing that its action is hard enough so that the setting does not alter itself when putting pocket for example. The scale of the adjustment goes from watt to watt, which is without a doubt frustrating for the followers of "in-between" who are vaping with 17.3W or with 12.8W but which seems coherent anyway with the use of the wheel.
The ESP 30W has a great simplicity of operation and an excellent feeling in hand due to its particular form which marries perfectly the paluches of all sizes.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Display of current vape voltage, Display of current vape power , Operating light indicators
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The features of ESP 30W all go in the same direction: to offer the possibility to vape without taking the head. So, we do not have anything very complex here. We screw an atomizer in the 510 self-adjustable connection, we click 5 once to turn on the box, we turn the dial to get the desired power and we vape. Period. The box does not give the time, does not cook pasta and does not connect to wifi on Youporn. Too bad for geeks but so much better for those who like to simply vape without becoming crazy trying to understand the why and how. We need something for everyone and the ESP 30W will satisfy the users who are fond of simplicity.
I indicated that the maximum compatibility with an atomizer was 23 mm after testing with an Expromizer. In truth, the atomizer becomes a little protruding on the sides of the mod but very slightly. The ideal compatibility will be with an atomizer 22mm diameter but know that the 23mm pass also without aesthetic or technical concern.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Can do better
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The box is delivered in a hard cardboard box to preserve it from any accident during a delivery. This box also contains a micro usb / usb cable to recharge the box. And that's all! The manufacturer has built his record on the back of the box which is not worse but also has some negative aspects.
On the one hand, the operation of the mod is so simple that one can indeed do without a more elaborate notice. On the other hand, the positioning of the mod makes it accessible to beginners who would still need to be accompanied in their first steps, if only by recommendations of precautions for use. And, on the third side, (I can not help it, I'm a bit triangular like a boy 😕 ...), I regretted that complete technical specifications were not present in the packaging like the maximum intensity in output for example that I searched also in vain on the site of the manufacturer.
But, I grant you, it's looking for the little beast. On the other hand (with that, it will be four), that's also why I'm here ...
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Nothing to say about the operation of the box. The simplicity of the concept, the use and the desire not to seek pure performance have allowed Aspire to optimize the ESP 30W for its power range. Thus, whatever the resistance of your atomizer (taking into account well the box limits), the rendering is impeccable over the entire height of the power scale. So we get a flawless vape, whether with a sub-ohm clearo, a double coil dripper or a RTA in "normal" resistance (between 1 and 1.5Ω).
By the way, I found the chipset particularly responsive. The latency between the firing and the full heating capacity of the resistor is negligible and the rendering is very constant. This one is rather of the style rather percussive but does not crush the aromas. This gives a comfortable and quite full vape.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance greater than or equal to 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm mounting
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? All except atomizers requiring very high resistance
- Description of the test configuration used: ESP + Taifun Gt, Expromizer 1.2, Mutation X V3, ACME Vape.
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A good big clearo in 22mm and 0.5Ω !!! And not necessarily just an Atlantis ... ..
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Good game! With the ESP 30W, Aspire gives us a beautiful object whose simplicity and optimization of rendering in its power range are the major assets.
The price, although reasonable in the absolute, is still relatively high compared to the functional possibilities of the box. A dozen euros, we could be led to cross this course and get an IPV2 mini or Smok M80, among others, which have a much larger range of use. Question of choice.
But this in no way tarnishes the intrinsic qualities of ESP 30W and, for those looking for a beautiful box, light, easy and very nice, both in hand and the vape, it is a formidable challenger.
Finished better than the IStick 30W, this is typically the mod we want to advise a friend who stops the cigarette or a primo-vaper who wants to enter the bathroom without getting his head. And, just for that, it was worth it that Aspire sort of lethargic.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.