- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: TechVapeur
- Price of the tested product: 54.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 30 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.3
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Aspire arrives on the coveted market of the compact box of average power adapted for the sub-ohm. With ESP we keep the mechanical sport code set up with the cf mod with an ultra light carbon fiber body and this imposing steel wheel. Its power of 30 watt and o, 3 ohm for minimum resistance value, it stands out as a direct competitor of the Istick 30 watts. Aspire offers his Atlantis a box that seems cut for him.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 24.5
- Product Length or Height in mms: 93.60
- Product weight in grams: 101
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Adjustment Knob
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.1 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
This carbon and steel box has a li-Po battery from 1900 mah, its lightness has literally amazed me.
Its OLED screen is strangely placed on the front, it is a little destabilizing, but its ovoid shape stretched hardly allowed another choice. The beautiful is the kind of slim which explains this tiny metal switch on the top of the side, small but effective it responds well and it is perfectly adjusted so it does not look like a percussion instrument (I'm fed up) to say maracas is too short).
A large steel knob allows you to adjust the power. A little too rude to be, I would have preferred a more elegant design. The quality of assembly is quite in the standards of the price range in which it is positioned. The pine is spring loaded but despite that some of my atomizers were not flush.
For the moment no surprise this box is exactly as we imagine after seeing the pictures on the net. Only his weight surprises, it is also a little strange, even if it is an advantage, it gives an impression "junk" when you are used to the weight of a metal box.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Display of current vape voltage, Display of current vape power , Clear diagnostic messages
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
From this point of view we are in the classics of the genre. This box has the same functions and security as most of its competitors.
30 watts is a bit feeble compared to the similar jig box (smok xpro m65 for example).
The wheel, even if a hair too massive, is a good idea, it's pretty cool. The screen does the job it tells you the power, the value of the resistance, the charge of the battery and the output voltage, but it is a bit small, and the transparent plastic that protects it is not super class .
1900 mah is a little above his classmates and USB charging mode allows vaping (fed up with writing pass-trough).
All is well so, not enough to ignite, but not enough to avoid it like the plague.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The box is nice with the drawing of the filigree box. It comes with a USB cable that looks good. No manual strictly speaking, just a brief manual in English on the back of the box, it's a fair bit I think. A small manual with all the details to the con that we are fond of when we want to satisfy his geek attitude would have been welcome.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Its light weight and its contained size make it an ideal companion for everyday life.
Its use is very simple, no need to have religiously followed the rich journals in David's technique to understand its operation.
We have here a queen of simplicity and efficiency that will delight newcomers on this type of product.
A shape that I do not like the masses but which is very ergonomic.
An easy-going box, ideal for nomadic use.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Atlantis for example
- Description of the test configuration used: Orchid v3 double coil 0.40
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: the ideal configuration, any ato or clairo in 22 which supports the subohm
was the product liked by the reviewer: Bof, this is not the craze
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 3.7 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Good I set the scene: the box has no major defect other than its price that I find a little high compared to the physical and technical characteristics of the product.
But now, I have not succumbed to the design "lighter bic", yes it's the first thing that came to my mind when I had it in my hands. As the lighter bic is behind me, I do not want to see him back in my life.
The carbon body is knocked. It looks like a plastic object covered with a good sticker, when in fact it's real carbon, it may be me, but, I find this carbon fiber design not very successful.
Its featherweight is sometimes a disadvantage, indeed when your atomizer is almost as heavy as the box it creates an imbalance, I like that my box is heavier than the atomizer, it ensures for me a better stability in the hand but again, these are just personal preferences.
To conclude and as you have already understood, if this box you like the photos, that its design has hit the spot, go there it does not suffer from any crippling defect. The only real weak point of the beast is its price. I would have seen around forty euros like 44,90 for example.
Thanks to TechVapeur for this loan.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.