- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Phileas Cloud
- Price of the tested product: 89.9 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 75 watts
- Maximum voltage: 6
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.25 (VW) - 0,15 (TC)
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Elfin DNA75 succeeds its sister Elfin DNA 40. Slightly larger, it still keeps a compact size that holds well in hand. To add the outfit and to prevent it from slipping, the box has a rubber coating and a cord that allows to hang around the neck.
Its chipset, the Evolv DNA75, offers maximum power of 75W vape with a 1800mAh battery that is integrated into the box, so the owner and can only recharge with the supplied micro USB cable. It also includes the TC mode whose unit of measure will be chosen by you for a temperature range between 100 and 300 ° C or 200 and 600 ° F. Resistances will be accepted from 0.15Ω in TC mode and from 0.25Ω in variable power.
It should be noted nevertheless, that you will have to configure the chipset to personalize it a little, if only to have the display in degrees Celsius for example when you steam in TC. Otherwise, you will be satisfied with the display in Watts wholesale while the temperature will be displayed in very small. Even if this setting is not really necessary, I advise you to simply update your chipset through the site ofEvolv .
Elfin DNA75 is available in two colors: black or red.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Product Width or Diameter in mms: 39 x 23
- Product Length or Height in mms: 71
- Product weight in grams: 154
- Material composing the product: stainless steel, zinc alloy, rubber
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini - IStick type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, not the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Can we really talk about quality on a product that we can not open? I prefer to talk about appearance, feel and finishes. The Elfin does not open since it already has the integrated battery which is recharged via the provided cable. Its size is small but not mini, which gives it an excellent handling. It is pleasant to the touch with a rubber coating and rounded corners.
The design is quite nice with a sporty look. This box has a zinc alloy frame and an 510 stainless steel connection, its brass pin is spring mounted to ensure the association with any atomizer. Despite its small size, it will accept atos 23mm diameter without complex and ridiculous since they will not exceed external contours.
Everything is coherent, well assembled and the screen offers a comfortable visual since the display is, of course, that of a DNA. The buttons are plastic and square shaped. In the switch is integrated a led that turns on when you vape and when the box is in charge (red during charging, green when the battery is charged).
Under the box, three small holes are provided to dissipate the heat.
- Type of chipset used: DNA
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Display of current vape voltage, Display of current vape power , Variable protection against overheating resistance of the atomizer, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware, Supports the customization of its behavior by external software
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The features are that of a DNA75, with power ranging from 1 to 75W as well as a standard temperature control mode from 100 to 300 ° C.
The resistances accepted are the different kanthal, nickel (Ni200), titanium and stainless steel (SS316) with a starting resistance of 0.15 or 0.25Ω depending on the working mode (TC or Power).
The temperature limits in TC mode are already set but can be modified according to the chosen mode of use (see the "use" section below). The values given, can be changed also with "Escribe" (software downloadable on the site ofEvolv , a software that will allow you to customize the Elfin DNA75, globally by setting the 8 possible profiles and adjusting your preferences).
It detects the atomizer change.
The display shows the default power (or temperature depending on the setting), battery charge, resistive value, voltage and current (or resistive material).
You can lock the box, leave it in stealth mode by blocking the knobs, stabilize the resistance value by locking it and set the temperature from the maximum value.
It has an economizer function that lowers the display brightness after 10 seconds of inactivity and turns off the display after one minute
It can be recharged via the micro USB port, or update the module.
- It protects short circuits
- It signals when the battery is low
- Protects from deep discharges
- Shuts down in case of excessive heating of the chipset
- Prevents if the resistance is too high or too low
- Shuts down if the temperature of the resistance is too high
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The conditioning is correct. In a white box, on two floors, there is the box and, below in a second small box, you find the micro USB cable and a cord that attaches to the box to hang it on your neck.
A notice is also provided but just in English and Chinese. It is quite complete, but it will have to be translated.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Ok for a side pocket of Jean (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use, the box is well reactive and provides a smooth vape. Its handling is very simple when all the parameters have been set.
You have the 8 profile choice dice its ignition (5 clicks on the Switch), you are necessarily on one of them. Each profile is intended for a different resistive: kanthal, nickel200, SS316, Titanium, Ni200, power ctrl, relaxed and No Preheat (to choose a new resistive) and the screen is declined as follows:
- Battery charge
- Value of resistance
- Temperature limit
- Name of the resistive used
- And power to which you steam
Whatever your profile is the display you have.
To lock the box, simply press the switch five times very quickly, the same operation is necessary to unlock it.
You can lock the control knobs and continue to vape by pressing the "+" and "-" simultaneously.
To change the profile, it is necessary to have previously blocked the adjustment buttons then press twice on the "+", finally just scroll through the profiles and validate your choice by confirming on the switch.
Finally in TC mode, you can change the temperature limit. You must first lock the box, press the "+" and "-" simultaneously during 2 seconds and proceed to the adjustment.
It is also possible to modify the display of your screen, to graphically display the work of your box, to customize the settings and many other things, but for that it is necessary to download Escribe via the micro cable UBS on the Evolv website
Select the DNA75 chipset and download
After downloading you will need to install it.
Once the installation is complete, you can plug in your box (on) and start the program. Thus, you have the possibility to modify at your convenience the Elfin or update your chipset by selecting "tools" then update the firmware.
Regarding the autonomy of the box, it is probably the biggest defect it has, because 75W on a battery of 1800 mAh, do not expect a miracle. Without pushing to the extreme limits, with an atomiser equipped with a double coil assembly in 0.6Ω and a power of 32W, you will hold half a day in regular use. The problem will be to recharge your box on a plug available at that time.
So before going out, check your charge level well.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? all atos up to 23mm in diameter
- Description of the test configuration used: The Aromamizer in double coil at 0.6Ω for a power of 32W
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: There are none in particular
was the product liked by the reviewer: Bof, this is not the craze
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.1 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The Elfin DNA75 is a compact box with a proprietary battery that you can not remove. Some will like this simplicity, others will reproach him precisely this restriction, but it is obvious that this appreciation depends on your way of vaper, your assembly with the applied power and your habits of anticipation.
This box is a formidable efficiency for those who are vaping around 20-30W and looking for a discreet product for small movements and it is also a reliable box that offers a smooth vape with a customizable chipset.
But, the "ass between two chairs", it promises a good performance of vape at the cost of a limited autonomy in sub-ohm.
So Sbody, why not a "normal" 18650 battery ??? !!! ....
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.