- Sponsor who has loaned the product for the magazine: Do not wish to be named.
- Price of the tested product: 71.10 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 60 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Elfin SX160 D30 60W. This is an extension name for a mod box that is nevertheless very small.
All right come from the firm of Shenzhen S-Body, this material is indeed a mini size and compact but it is equipped with a chipset YiHi SX160, superior to the electronic competing models that are: the Artery Nugget, the Target Mini or Mini Volt. The manufacturer is also known to use chipsets touted for their qualities, the Elfin is also available in DNA40 and DNA75.
Mini by size but a respectable power of 60W. Only the autonomy of the beautiful should go along with its size. Indeed, the box includes an 18500 owner battery 1300mAh that should not last very long before claiming a recharge, even if again, it is as good or better than the competitors.
Only the price is less well placed. The Elfin is a little more expensive, but at this point, I judge its superior quality models cited as an example.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 23
- Product Length or Height in mms: 65
- Product weight in grams: 125
- Material composing the product: Zinc alloy
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini - IStick type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top-cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Beautiful quality of manufacture for this Elfin to the perfect finish.
The grip is a treat. Admittedly, the template is for many, but it is especially the protective layer covering the box is super nice. It looks like a rubberized coating but with a "peach skin" effect that I have already met ... on beautiful printed pads, in the world of luxury brands.
According to the manufacturer, its box is made of zinc alloy allowing a weight content but also greater possibilities in terms of molding. This mimi and mini rectangle should satisfy these ladies who generally prefer discrete set-ups.
- Type of chipset used: SX
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Display of current vape voltage, Display of current vape power , Atomizer Resistor Temperature Control, Clear Diagnostic Messages
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22.1
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Variable power (VW), temperature controls (TC) for resistive in Ni, Ti, SS 304 and X Pure, added to the TCR for wires not implemented in the chipset, here is a complete panoply to use this Elfin according to your wishes.
To use the interface. 5 clicks to turn on the box but goes off via the dedicated menu (system off).
To navigate the various menus, again 5 clicks on the switch and buttons (+) (-) for selection. 1 click on the switch to validate or change the menu.
Here are the basic principles to use it, knowing that the vapers who have used the YiHi electronics will be on familiar ground and that others will have to fumble a little to find the automatisms which, for sure, will come quickly.
For reloading the box. All you need to do is use the USB / Micro USB cable provided in the package and count on a good two hours for a full charge ... as long as you do not vimp without stopping as it is possible, the Elfin being equipped with the pass-through function.
As usually, the base of the mod is pierced by vents in case of degassing of the battery.
And finally, the Elfin is endowed with all the protections that we are entitled to expect for our safety coupled with a correct use. Check atomizer, bad calibration of resistance but also low battery or set-up too high temperature are part of the lot.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Classic, sober and efficient. Exactly what we are entitled to claim for this type of material.
By cons, if there is a notice, it is of course in English ... but also, and it will be very useful, I have no doubt ... in Chinese.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
For the neophyte user who will only use the power mode, the Elfin is a very easy product.
Entering the details of the different menus is a little less intuitive. As I explained in the previous chapter, a time of adaptation to the YiHi chipset will be necessary. Personally, it's the expression in joule that a little confused me but once acquired the subtleties, this box is relatively simple to use.
Among the subtleties in TC and especially TCR. You should know that the box must be equipped with the atomizer to be able to "check" the resistance, calibrate it and thus apply the good heating coefficient that you have taken care to record.
Once the correct values have been programmed, the temperature control works perfectly.
On any mode of operation, the vape provided by the YiHi SX 160 chipset is a treat. Smooth signal, very short latency, provide a round vape, homogeneous and very surprising on such a small machine.
The OLED screen has a light and a writing font giving it good readability.
The autonomy is consistent with that expected with 18500 battery 1300mAh but nothing unacceptable since I was able to easily vape half a day at oscillating values around 30W for ato to 0,6Ω.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Any atomizer 22 diameter.
- Description of the test configuration used: Zenith Dripper, Haze & Avocado 22
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: The short atos will be more aesthetic on the box.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.8 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
A "Top Mod" for a nice surprise reserved by the Elfin 60W.
I admit that I did not expect it, even if at the opening of the box and reading his description I had some good clues in addition to an urgent eager to analyze it and especially to the use.
S-Body is not the most popular brand, but this mini box has many arguments to make.
Mini, riquiqui but sturdy inside to do the maximum.
If the accu owner can be a crippling argument for some, it will be on the contrary an advantage for others. In passing, remember that this is a principle analogous to its main competitors. Advantage because there are many refractory to the management of a removable battery. I am thinking in particular of women who have nothing to do with this "pile" and who may be worried in their own eyes. This element is also valid for many newcomers to the personal vaporizer user ecosystem.
This battery owner also participates in more security for a public not consisting only of geeks in the making. Its only fault and I am of course agree with this argument, being a box out of use when the battery will be at the end of life.
For more experienced users, I imagine this box as a backup model. Its small size will be at ease in a pocket, at work, at the restaurant or even at the cinema. In any case it is as such that I used during my test period. Assuring me beforehand of his good load, she never left me in plan, allowed me to test the many juices which I prepare the evaluation ... and all in perfect discretion ... uh ..., except the cloud behind me !
The YiHi SX160 chipset is worthy of more upscale box and its operation is a treat.
The reduced size, the quality of manufacture and handling are pure happiness. I love its coating contact ... sensual.
Reasons to succumb; Elfin possesses a multitude and its success should be assured. There is more to hope that it is available in many shops.
For those who have the "exclusivity" of this inspired choice, take advantage of it because I think that the competition will not let any respite. I do not think this review bears the responsibility, even if I caress the secret hope of influencing some readers, but I believe that many shops will order.
See you soon for new hazy adventures,
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.