- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: MyVapors Europe
- Price of the tested product: 58.12 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 30 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The Ego one VT is a great little set-up that suits beginners looking for a dense vape, a discrete set-up with temperature control, which does not need to worry about settings and rebuilding resistors .
In an average price range it is an alternative between mechanical mods and electronic boxes.
The kit is very complete and the use remains very simple. It comes in two versions, black or chrome.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Product Length or Height in mms: 142
- Product weight in grams: 135
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 4 (including 3 for the atomizer)
- Number of threads: 4
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
For my test the loaned version is black. A coating perfectly suited to intense use without marking fingerprints.
The top cap contains grooves that allow the air to circulate, the threading is quite correct, but I regret that the pin is fixed.
On the body of the mod and near the top cap, we have a small switch that unfortunately is slightly shaky, but nothing very bad because it responds perfectly to all requests. On each side of this well aligned button are arranged 2 rows of LEDs to adjust on the one hand, the resistive wire material used (Kanthal, Nickel or Titanium) and on the other the power on which it is desired to vape (Hight, Medium or Light). The choice is made to the switch by series of impulses, confirmed by the lighting of the led which is clearly visible. A fairly simple operation that still requires some understanding and adaptation.
Very compact, this set-up is convenient to carry and in hand it remains light. Its size is also small and discreet.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive atomizer pad if it allows it
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Fixed protection against overheating of the resistors of the atomizer, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Luminous indicators of operation
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Medium, because there is a noticeable difference depending on the value of the resistance of the atomizer
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
For the functional characteristics, they are simple. In addition to the appearance of a mechanical mod, the tube is equipped with a battery 2300 mAh owner with the ability to vary the wattage with Kanthal resistors, on 3 preset values but also to use the temperature control with nickel or titanium resistors, again with 3 pre-set temperature values.
This mod comes with an atomizer, the Ego One Mega, also very easy to use in 4 parts: the drip-tip, the tank, the resistance and the base. The resistance is screwed to the base while the returned tank can be filled with a capacity of 4ml. The amount of liquid in the tank is visible through the many windows. The air flow is a removable ring on the base that handles well to open the air intake or close completely according to the way of vaper of each. I found that the flavors were well restored and that the density of the steam was a little thicker than normal.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
A compliant packaging for this price range.
It is an absolutely perfect product in a rigid cardboard box, we find the set-up consisting of the mod with its battery owner, the atomizer with the drip tip and 3 resistors supplied (in Kanthal 1Ω, Nickel 0,2Ω and Titanium 0,4Ω). You will also find the USB cable with the plug to charge your battery and an explanatory instruction manual in several languages, including French, which is very well done.
For a little less than 60 euros, all you need is the e-liquid and you can vape with a very good material that gives a nice vapor and restores good flavors in Kanthal or nickel (or titanium) for a softer vape and less hot.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Simple and effective use. The manual guides you perfectly for a quick start.
The settings are made by successive pulses, before putting it in operation, in order to choose the material of the resistance then the choice of the force of vape (in power or in temperature and a low, medium or high vape force).
The battery charge this gauge compared to the fixed or blinking indicator light. The battery can vape an entire day without recharging (with Kanthal 1Ω), for moderate use with its capacity of 2300mAh. However the resistances in Nickel and Titanium are a little greedy because their resistive value is low.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance greater than or equal to 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm mounting
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Ego one Mega
- Description of the test configuration used: 200ohm's Ego one Mega resistance Ni0.2
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Ego one Mega
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.4 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The Ego One is in my opinion a small revolution for new vapers who seek a discreet and powerful material without worrying about the reconstruction of resistances or even to have powers that are not adapted to the resistive values.
Here everything is self-managed. The mod detects your resistance and offers 3 power values in a simple way.
This small set-up is innovative because to my knowledge it is the only one in this format, to offer a vape on Nickel and Titanium, and for those looking for a more supplied and less hot vapor density, here is finally a product adapted. I also had this set tested by two acquaintances who gave up the vape because they were coughing, the miracle took place, no coughing with the titanium resistance, however the feeling was still a little strong for one of them them. In this case do not hesitate to use basic resistors of 1.5 or 2Ω and close a little air flow.
The major flaw that I met on this mod is the non-adjustable pin, because all the atomizers do not fit on it, it's a pity.
A product not very expensive, complete, with a beautiful vape (flavor and density), compact and transportable everywhere and to finish a reloading vertically and a super simple use.
A perfect kit that will suit both beginners and experienced vapers who wish to have a set-up goes everywhere during their travels.
Thanks to MyVapors Europe and Joyetech for this little wonder.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.