- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: techvapeur
- Price of the tested product: 49.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Electronics without voltage or power adjustment. (Skarabäus)
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.5
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Many of us started the vape with a Joyetech starter kit. You remember your first T ego with a Stardust (CE4). And there, we realize the concrete evolution of the vape. Indeed, forget all your references in this field. The Ego One might change your look on beginner kits. For less than fifty euros, Joyetech offers us a simple and devilishly effective set-up. Defects, he has of course but frankly, the quality of vape he offers you for a beginner kit you will quickly forget.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 19
- Product Length or Height in mms: 105
- Product weight in grams: 80
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
First of all this starter kit looks like a mini mod. With its 19 mm diameter and 105 mm height, the Ego One is small and stocky. His ato fits perfectly to the point of giving it a hybrid look. The finish at first glance is rather nice, but the bad adjustment of the single button fire tarnishes this impression somewhat. It's a shame because the button works well but this permanent rattling is annoying in the long run. Otherwise, it holds well in hands, not too heavy (80g) and it will accompany you discreetly in your wanderings. The general design is rather flattering. Sober and elegant, the Ego One will seduce you.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive atomizer pad if it allows it
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Protection against short circuits from the atomizer
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 19
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Medium, because there is a noticeable difference depending on the value of the atomizer resistance
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Medium, because there is a noticeable difference depending on the value of the resistance of the atomizer
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
There is nothing to say here. It's a simple ego battery without any settings. The only thing is that it takes resistance from 0,5 ohm. It seems little but it changes everything. Yes, associating a simple ego battery that outputs a max current of 3,7 volt has a resistance of 0,5 ohm takes you beyond the 25 watts and it makes a huge difference. But for beginners, the resistance 1 ohm will place you more reasonably around the 12 watts. Otherwise, classic commissioning: 5 clicks to turn on or off. The button lights up when it is pressed. To indicate its level of charge, we have a system (not very precise) of different light signal on the same fire button. A clean USB port and a small red led will make reloading very simple.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Very good, a sober and elegant packaging, like the product. No fault of taste. The kit is complete, a mod, an atomizer, two drip tips, two resistors, a USB cord, and a wall adapter, everything is there except the liquid. In addition, a notice in French. It is a faultless! Bravo.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The simplicity itself: you fill the atomizer with a bottle equipped with a needle or a fine tip. I note a second small flaw: the space between the chimney and the wall of the tank is not very big so the filling is a little tricky without one of these two accessories. Take care of soaking the resistance before filling and vapping. Then, adjust the airflow to your liking. In passing, the adjustment ring is nickel, neither too soft nor too hard.
The airflow passes from an aerial vape to tight thanks to two diametrically opposed slots. 5 clicks and it's gone, it sucks and it's good. The vape with resistance to 1 ohm associated with a tight airflow will be perfect to start. Then we will open the airflow little by little to inflate the volume of steam. When you feel ready, you can switch to 0,5 resistance ohm that we associate with a generous airflow and then taste a rather hot and dense vape. And for me, this is where the revolution takes place. We keep a simple and evolutive kit that will accompany many months beginners without the need to buy a new set-up to evolve in his vape. And the confirmed vapers having a hard time assuming a too big set-up in public could well fall for this discreet set-up which in addition will remind them that simplicity is good.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, in sub-ohm mount
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? all ato / battery is perfect
- Description of the test configuration used: resistance manufacturer 1 ohm and 0,5 ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: the two are different and complementary?
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.3 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Almost two years ago, I went into a shop and bought my first kit. I still remember it. With my wife, we bought a kit Ego Joyetech, it contained two battery ego T, two CE4, and charger. Of course, this kit only accompanied me for a few weeks and I have never regretted it so much it was not very effective and insufficient to guarantee me not to return one day to the cigarette. Despite all this kit was the starting point of my new life without tobacco.
So I put aside Joyetech because their products often seemed bland or gadgets. But lately, the Egrip had made me review my copy. So when I saw the features of this new starter kit, I thought why not? In addition we tend to neglect the beginner products once we fall into the world of "geek vape".
The ego One is a starter kit because of its simplicity: a battery, a proprietary resistance atomizer and a charger. But the simple fact that the atomizer is equipped with a very good airflow management system, and that the battery supports low resistances allows it to achieve power and performance never seen for this type of product.
Thus the Ego One, with resistance to 1 ohm, will be suitable to begin by flirting with 15 watts at full load, which is more than enough or even a little strong. Then the resistance to 0,5 ohm will make you discover the joys of subohm to more than 20 watt safely, even without any experience and I find that it may avoid accidents with fixtures and batteries not always suitable and secure that could come with this common desire to make many beautiful little clouds. Because yes, in this configuration, you will make pretty clouds.
I even think that this set-up seduce confirmed vapers, anxious to remain discreet without sacrificing the pleasure of a hot and dense vape that could be persuaded to adopt this nice kit.
The shadow on the board is going to be the cost of the resistances: 2,70 € it's always a little expensive even if there is much more expensive. So some people will probably rebuild them, but hey, that's not the point. If you want rebuildable, you buy rebuildable.
In short, I envy today's beginners, they enter the vape with much better products and more scalable and it is also an interesting idea to avoid the gear of the compulsive purchase in which one falls when at the beginning we are in the search phase of his vape.
I leave you. I'm waiting for your feedback.
Make beautiful clouds ...
See you soon
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.