- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Tech Steam
- Price of the tested product: 29.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Entry level (from 1 to 40 euros)
- Mod type: Classic drums
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 35 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.5
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
In the frenetic and exciting race for a vape ever healthier, more efficient, technological and enticing, we are in a state of grace. 200W mods at a ridiculously low price, ceramic resistances, boxes always smaller, it is the total happiness for all the vapogeeks for which not a day brings its share of novelties.
Builders go out of their way to invent new materials, fluid manufacturers struggle to hone their potions. What a magnificent feeling to realize that the vape is an ecosystem in perpetual evolution and that the best is still before us!
Yet, in this effervescence of ingenuity, a particular audience is seen, if not forgotten but at least reduced. And let's face it, in this common passion that overflows, we have left the beginners at the mercy of tobacco companies and their Logic and other monstrosities whose purpose has not escaped us: to convince the first-time vapoteurs to return to the tobacco.
Joyetech, the Chinese giant, counter-attack. On the strength of the success achieved over the past several years on all fronts, the manufacturer puts all its expertise at the service of a tactical and thoughtful offensive to counter-plan the plans of the tobacco dealers. This offensive is called the AIO, for All In One and arises in David against Goliath. Financial power in less, intelligence more.
The AIO is a product for beginners that is not a gadget. A deliberately attractive tariff positioning, a sexy look and a multitude of details that we will list together represent invaluable advantages in this titanic fight. With an extra club argument: Joyetech knows what he's talking about.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 19
- Product Length or Height in mms: 118
- Product weight in grams: 77.9
- Material composing the product: Alu
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral to 1 / 2 of the tube relative to the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 3
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
A beginner typed set-up must be simple, intuitive and the object itself must have a real power of seduction.
Bet won, and widely, with a tube that brings together in a single space all the elements necessary to vape without taking the lead with calculations without ends or montages: the battery and the atomizer. It's small, compact, thick enough to hold well. The AIO is also aesthetically successful, available in several colors and has an almost ideal grip, regardless of the width of it.
The whole presents a high level of perceived quality. Both the choice of materials, aluminum for the body and Pyrex for the windshield as the slightly granular coating that looks solid. And when you know the quality of Joyetech coatings, I'm not worried about that.
The design has been the subject of special care and Joyetech delivers us here a beautiful object whose two-tone parure is an additional asset to make it a dream eye-catcher in the eyes of those who will vape their first puffs. And, in all honesty, even for those who already have a few thousand under their belt.
The switch works very well. The threads are impeccable. The weight is ridiculous. It is a set-up zero defects in quality.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? -
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by the mod: Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Luminous indicators of operation
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 19
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Contrary to all conventional wisdom, it is often much easier to make complicated than simple. Here, the choice was already made by the targeted clientele. It needed a vaporizer easy to implement, clean, manage. The kind of product that allows a smoker to focus on discovering the vape and not on technology. The kind of product that fits all people, whether they are superior intelligent or low ceiling, whether they are geeks or athletes, men or women.
The operation of the AIO is descriptible in three lines. Just learn where the "thing" to fill, that "trick" is unscrewed and even receives a child safety (and an excellent anti-TPD element) that forces to push down by printing a circular gesture for the unlock. When the taste begins to change, it is necessary to change the resistance by unscrewing the "thing" and then removing the damned resistance and replace it with a new one. And that to vaper, just press the "bidule" and suck the "bazaar".
Add that we can turn off or on the "thing", just click five times on the "bidule" and we are good.
That seems to you little technical, explained like that? Take a test: go to the street, take the first smoker who passes and talk to him about switch, drip-tip, coil, ato and sub-ohm. Guaranteed result: the smoker will look at you as if you had laid a square egg and you will kindly retort to see you at Philip Morris. The negative effects of technical vocabularies on the layperson should not be underestimated.
Well, if you want, the AIO can also emit light when you're steaming and you can even change the color of the light. It was a bit of a bling-bling thing to please everyone. But rest assured, you can also disable it and thus vape incognito without the NSA is aware.
To recharge the AIO, because it takes a lot of electricity to put in the owner's battery 1500mAh, just connect the "trick" to a usb socket by the cord provided or possibly connect to an AC adapter . Three hours will be necessary for a complete cycle but one can also vape the wire with the leg, which is a undeniable more.
The resistance, compatible with the Cubis whose internal atomizer at the AIO is inspired, uses a resistive stainless 316 and organic cotton. It displays 0.6Ω and its power supply is managed directly by the battery chipset which adjusts the power automatically.
And, finally, the drip-tip is equipped internally with a helical circuit to prevent splashing liquids and "jogging" the steam towards the mouth in a fairly fine net. The bottom-cap (the machine below) has a vent for cooling the battery and degassing in case of problems.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging corresponds to a high-end material. It is also incredible to see how we can offer such a clean packaging for a total price of 30 € while some are able to deliver an atomizer in a plastic bag.
Hardboard has two floors. On the first, you will find the AIO, perfectly held by a compact foam. By lifting its cradle, you will discover a box containing USB / Micro USB charging as well as additional resistance and an additional "simple" drip-tip.
Still below, there is a complete manual offering, among other things, a very correct French, a warranty card and a yellow insert that explains that you should not exceed the mark for filling.
It's complete, well presented. Perfect.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Filling is without a doubt the simplest I know. When removing the top-cap, the chimney plus resistance comes with and therefore leaves a gaping hole to introduce the maximum 2ml that can contain the atomizer part.
The airflow setting is basic but quite effective. Simply position the point on the adjustment ring facing the point on the support of the drip-tip and it is fully open. To decrease the airflow, you can turn the ring in any direction to catch a tighter airflow. It is not very visual but, failing that, it works well. So we oscillate, between the two extremes, between a very tight airflow and a tight airflow. Which seems to be a wise choice for a first-time vaper who will appreciate not taking a bar of 3 m³ at his first attempt.
The amount of steam will be directly proportional to the length of the suction, which will allow the beginner to become familiar with the vape at its own pace and learn also that one does not "shoot" on a vaporizer as on a cigarette. On a long suction, you can trigger a nice little cloud, quite dense.
The atomizer portion works very well with liquids having up to 60% vegetable glycerin. I confess I have not been beyond but I do not think that the purpose of the IOA is to vindicate 100% VG.
The flavors are respected, precise and the overall rendering rather flattering. Pretty close to a Cubis which we would have tightened airflow to a minimum. Of course, it's not an Avocado on a Hexohm but it's already twenty times better than a CE4 on an Ego and a thousand times better than the plastic pens that are "number one in New York".
If we chainvape a little, we do not get dry-hits. We just have a slight warming of the steam and the upper part of the ato part.
In the balance, it's royal! If I had a set-up like that when I started ... ..
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Not applicable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? With the one that is included in it, necessarily 😉
- Description of the test configuration used: Different liquids of several viscosities
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A right hand or a left hand!
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The response of the manufacturers of personal vaporizers was delayed, it's true. And the terror seizes me when I think of those people who have cracked for the ersatz forgers during this time. But the riposte is scathing and resonates like a pie in the mouth.
The AIO is perfect for a beginner. This is the best material that you can advise your loved ones to enter vape without any remorse.
The simplicity, the flavors obtained, the airflow and the design, everything converges to make it an exceptional product since it will allow a lot of smokers to join our joyous community by going back by the big door: that of the preserved flavors that of the atos who do not flee, that of an exemplary simplicity to begin without asking questions and focus on the only thing that matters in the end: stopping smoking.
Better than a first attempt, a master stroke! And a Top Mod deserved to pay a tribute to the effort made by Joyetech and which should lead to many new vocations among our friends who smoke and ultimately lead to the only thing that could put a definite drag on certain imbecile and liberticidal laws: multiply vapers.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.