- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Tech Steam
- Price of the tested product: 23.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Entry level (from 1 to 40 euros)
- Mod type: Electronics without voltage or power adjustment.
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Not applicable
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
At Joyetech, there is a guy affectionately nicknamed "Speedy Gonzales" by his coworkers. The guy lays an idea every two minutes, with a regularity that defies the understanding. A mechanical regularity. When he is short of ideas, which rarely happens to him, he recovers one of his old ideas and adapts it according to the market, in a jiffy. You see her, you see her no more. It's magic !
For some time now, the Chinese giant is on all fronts. Atomizers, mods for beginners, mods for confirmed, high-end ... an infernal cycle that makes goats become all its competitors. The best shooter in the East! He is shooting faster than his shadow, ladies and gentlemen.
After a first attempt AIO (All In One) tube format that has done more than fulfill its contract, Joyetech recidivism with a box.The demand being sharply higher for this type of format, the brand ensures that beginners , which are the market of tomorrow, find their happiness with an all-in-one concept that avoids many wanderings (those we have known). Built-in battery, a button, something to go out or you put a thing at the end. You fill, you press, it sucks.
If we think carefully, it was not so simple to design or impose, in a market for beginners where eGo / Ce4 still resist and where the competition proposed "The law of ohm for Dummies" by selling something that He sent his painnier 60W and made the poor prospect cough to crack the poor prospect who, in fact, only asked to test the vape to wean himself off tobacco.
The AIO Box presents itself to us in a simplicity in total coherence with the needs of the primo-vapoteur. A battery of 2100mAh that will allow him to vape all day without asking any questions. A liquid carrying capacity of 2ml that will suffice for the first time. A very simple tank to fill. A charging module with USB / Micro USB cable provided. 0.8Ω stainless steel resistors that work perfectly for this kind of material, in line with an adjustable airflow that will allow the beginner to modulate its vape little by little.
All for a price of 23.90 €. Add a liquid 70 / 30 6 € and for 30 balls, you enter the bath without worrying about anything if the seller has warned you to change the resistance from time to time.
By looking like nothing, Joyetech has created a revolution that will be a milestone in the history of the vape. By putting his flagship product box format, he drives the nail for a sexy set "totally hype".
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 23
- Product Length or Height in mms: 97
- Product weight in grams: 98
- Material composing the product: Plastic / Stainless steel / Glass
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative Style: Customizable
- Quality of decoration: Medium
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 4
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The AIO Box is compact. Not mini but its dimensions and weight are sufficiently contained to hold well in hand. The lightness of the box is due to the massive use of plastic in its construction. Of course, the majority material is not very rewarding but, for the price, difficult to imagine another possibility.
On top of the plastic shell is affixed a textured sticker in cells that can be changed if necessary by buying other stickers. This means is effective to ensure a proper grip to the box.
The parts directly managing the liquid, atomizer and tank, are made of stainless steel and glass. The quality is correct and the now known principle works very well. A line on the visible part of the atomiser materializes the maximum of liquid to avoid an overflow due to the re-insertion of the chimney / resistance assembly.
The finish of the set is average. The collage of the rather rough sticker and the thickness of the plastic inspires a limited confidence. But that's the law of the genre. By reducing production costs, Joyetech is able to offer access equipment whose price is no obstacle. This is well worth it, it seems to me.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: None. Atomizer included
- Adjustable positive plot? No, atomizer included
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Operating light indicators
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes, on the atomizer part
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: Not applicable
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Not applicable, the voltage is constant
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Not applicable
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The features are limited but ensure an impeccable work for any beginner. To summarize, it's a vape and it's just that. But it does it well, always in the context of a first purchase.
By clicking five times on the button, we turn on or off the box.
When the box is OFF, pressing the button a few seconds allows you to choose the color that will brighten your box every time you go to vape. A totally useless and kitsch feature that you luckily have the option of turning off by choosing when the tank is not colored. This will allow you to keep the energy of the entire battery to vape, which is the goal. In addition, nothing more tiresome in the long run to have a light blue, yellow, red, purple or that I can still light up the face at the time of firing. You saw that, I vape and it lights at the same time! If in addition, you are working for the CIA or you are a drug dealer, which is the same thing, it can even make you an easy target.
In the area of functionality, I prefer to remember that lighting, even extinguished by you, will still prevent the discharge of your battery, which is for once useful. Joyetech has also provided venting vents on the facade where the switch is located.
An airflow ring allows you to adjust the suction force to print and the steam production that goes with it. Do not expect something very airy in the best case. Once again, it is planned for first-time vapers and the rendering of vape is consistent with the habits and customs of this type of consovapeur.
The ato block comprising: the threaded part, the airflow, the drip-tip, the chimney and the resistance is removed by pressing gently then turning in the manner of a bottle cap with a child safety. You then remove the entire tank, which will allow you to fill it or, from time to time, change the resistance that is thanks to a thread at the end of the chimney. Although compatible with all the resistors Joyetech, I advise you at first to stay on the resistors provided in the pack that stick well to the philosophy of the whole.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
It's a Joyetech packaging, is it necessary to say more?
A white box, the box, a USB / Micro USB cord, an extra drip-tip and two resistors ... it does not take more to start well and it does not take less. It's ready-to-go.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The AIO Box works very well and its operation is constant and reliable.
The vape rendering is very correct in terms of flavors for an entry-level product and it is appreciated to have provided an adjustable airflow that allows the beginner to manage the first stages of his vape, first by steaming very tight like when he pulled on his cigarette and then, opening a little more to take advantage of extra steam.
In daily use, the box is really very practical. Light, it is forgotten in the hand or in a pocket. Easy to lock / unlock, it poses no problem of untimely firing. Waterproof like a submarine, you can put it in the pocket of your best shirt, there is no risk of leakage. Easy to fill, you can dispense with incongruous utensils like a syringe, a Pasteur pipette or other devilish machines. Your bottle will suffice.
It does not heat up and does not bug. Do not be fooled, it's a vape beast that will not let you go. By cons, if you let go, I do not answer any more because the plastic being what it is, it has its mechanical limits of resistance to shocks.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? No. The atomizer is already included.
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Nothing, everything is there
- Description of the test configuration used: The kit as supplied
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A liquid in 50 / 50 ...
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.4 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Still a good product Joyetech ... It's to disgust you to have accused the Chinese of being mere counterfeiters for years, right? 😉
The AIO Box is a future bestseller. Not for you who read me and who are undoubtedly confirmed vapers who have already found their favorite set-ups. But beginners will love because this device is above all easy to use.
With the planned death of any information accessible to the public neophyte on the personal vaporizer, it is a weapon of massive resistance because, even knowing nothing, everyone can get in and come swell our ranks. Just for that, it's worth a good hat trick.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.