- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Youvape
- Price of the tested product: 179.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 200 watts
- Maximum voltage: 9
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The last born of the production "E" at Lost Vape. After the Epetite, the Esquare, here is the Efusion, equipped for its regulation of DNA 200 and a source of Li Po energy that you can replace, even if it seems complex or impossible for neophytes and delicate for hackers (connections welded on the PCB).
The object is beautiful, it happens to you in a packaging of the most common, it would have deserved better because its price place in the luxury category and this transparent plastic box is not really up to par.
Lost Vape is therefore one of the manufacturers that has chosen high power, temperature control and battery life, which is becoming increasingly popular today, and which complements a well-stocked range of products.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 26,5
- Product Length or Height in mms: 85
- Product weight in grams: 230.5
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, Brass, Stainless steel
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative Style: Classic Carbon Fiber
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Those of you who already know Esquare will see a certain aesthetic similarity with the Efusion, it is however much more impressive and the screen is on the side with the buttons and the micro USB charging connector. Its measurements are: 85 x 60 x 26,5mm and you can not access the compartment housing the battery.
A vitrified carbon fiber plate, filled on both sides of the box, the T6 aluminum body, is anodized (for that of the test), the stainless steel 510 connector is equipped with a floating pin made of brass plated with nickel, it allows an air supply from below some atomizers.
The buttons are made of metal (Stainless Steel), the switch (Ø = 10,75mm) is quiet and rather soft, for a short and responsive stroke, the adjustment buttons are much smaller (Ø = 5mm) and the same characteristics, it is positioned with a slight mismatch. The 4 venting vents are located under the box.
A very beautiful object, well finished, a little heavy and bulky however in the hands of a woman I guess. This is what I personally felt, used to the good old mods tubes or box mini, I do not see myself carrying this gear with me at work for example, but this is a very personal consideration that has no impact on the quality rating of this box.
- Type of chipset used: DNA
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff, Display of the vape time since a certain date, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Variable protection against overheating of the resistors Atomizer, Temperature control of the atomizer resistors, Supports the update of its firmware, Supports the customization of its behavior by external software, Adjusting the display brightness, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accu Compatibility: Homeowners, LiPo
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The functional characteristics of this box reside mainly in its regulation and thus are those of DNA 200, for the rest, there is not much to say.
The 510 connector allows you flush assemblies. At the price of the box, this functional aspect is completely normal. The connectivity provided in the package allows you to recharge your battery and it's happy, nothing more.
Let's come now to the possibility of replacing the battery. Yes it is feasible. No it is not easy. First of all, you will have to remove the carbon plate from the right side: the one that leaves the buttons on the right side, the 510 connector on top. A wide blade cutter will be desirable to start peeling off the carbon plate from below, then to avoid bending it you will use a plastic card as a separator tool. Once this operation is completed, you will then have access to two cruciform screws screwed through a cover which itself is housed in the lower frame of the box body, on the width and thickness of a rabbet. With the two screws removed, you can easily remove the keyed cover for its correct replacement (screw head milling is also a good indicator of the direction of installation, not to mention the glue ....).
This gives you access to the Li Po battery, which you will find flexible and therefore subject to drilling. From there, I can not tell you more about how to proceed in order to separate the connections of the PCB, too, if you are not familiar with this kind of manipulation, you will be careful to have it performed by an electronics engineer competent, of course, for the re-connection of the new battery.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Can do better
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The Efusion is delivered in a simple box of transparent plastic rather fragile. A recessed white semi-rigid foam contains the box and a notice in English, and in another housing a cord USB / microUSB rollable for your recharging. Not enough to discuss more extensively on a package that grossly discredits the product given its price.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Difficult because requires several manipulations
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 3.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
To use this box at the top of its possibilities, you will have to master the many features offered by the chipset Evolv, the latest offshoot of the DNA series. Rest assured, by putting yourself 8h a day, in a week you will be in point. Joking aside, the evolution of electronic mods today offers a range of possibilities, we are in the presence with the DNA 200 of which makes it more complete and interactive in terms of regulations chosen, parameterized and memorizable.
The Escribe software running this chipset offers no less than 93 customizable features in 8 different profiles to fit your favorite settings based on ato, juice, editing, or any other criteria that goes through your head. Some examples of possible settings: battery meter, errors, orientation (right / left), brightness (active or inactive, charging), active time, fader (light intensity), maximum discharge protection the battery before the cut, the locking range of the resistance value, the pre-shoot time (turbo boost), the display is also customizable, Evolv provides 20 splash home screens ....
Let's mention at least the essential characteristics that make this DNA 200 the best seller of chipsets present in a large number of recent boxes oriented power and TC.
- Required Input Voltage: 9-12.6 V DC Current
- Required power input: 23A
- Output voltage: 9 V DC
- Maximum output current: 50A continuous (55A pulse) Output power: 1 to 200W Temperature: from 200 ° F to 600 ° F
You will find the following on the OLED display: Output power, output voltage, resistance impedance, temperature indicator, remaining charge indicator.
The possibilities of this tool, which geeks like the world over, have been fully described in the excellent Papagallo magazine here: http://www.levapelier.com/archives/11778 as well as the settings of the Escribe software. I also invite you to (re-) discover here: http://www.levapelier.com/archives/13520 the magazine and video on Efusion by Toff.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, Dripper Bottom Feeder, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Any type of atomizer mounted between 0,1 and 2 ohm
- Description of the test configuration used: Aeronaut 0,65 ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Open bar between 0,1 and 2 ohm, for TC only Ni and Ti fixtures are suitable
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.2 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
This Sino-US cooperation has given birth to a box with an original and beautiful look, a tool perfectly adapted to a vape safe in atomizer configurations ranging from a classic RTA to 2ohm, to the big cloud maker at 0,1 ohm.
The regulation of DNA is perfect, both in moderate power and high values, autonomy is satisfactory if we stick to moderate or "normal" heat.
Still, this model box is expensive, the battery is difficult to replace and the object may seem a bit awesome for many of us. It will however be appropriate to a category of vapors geeks by its solidity and its reliability, by the very numerous pre-regulated options which will delight the holders of varied atomizers, for their practical side, their precision and the saving of time.
The vape evolves in an era favorable to its development, the vapoteurs know how to influence the professionals of this young industry, to make it ever more safe and to their liking. Efusion is a good example of this evolution, it may be obsolete next year, it is, with its DNA 200, nowadays, one of the most powerful, so let's take advantage.
See you soon.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.