- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: MyFree-Cig
- Price of the tested product: 360 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 75 watts
- Maximum voltage: 4.5 Volts
- Minimum value in ohms of the resistor for a start: 0.1Ω in power or 0.05Ω in CT
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The Duke SX350J2, from the famous Filipino manufacturer Vicious Ant, is a small masterpiece that many will particularly appreciate.
Equipped with a SX350J2 chipset from Yihi, this box reaches 75 Watts with an 18650 format accumulator that can provide an intensity of at least 25 amperes. The many properties of this very high-end box will satisfy its buyer.
An original look, an undeniable class and comfort of absolute vape, this box is a small wonder, totally mesmerizing!
I do not say more and I let you discover all his "powers" ...
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Product Width or Diameter in mms: 26 x 46
- Product Length or Height in mms: 87 and 77
- Product weight in grams: 205
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, Copper
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: On the bottom cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Excellent I love this button in every way
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
It would be very difficult not to appreciate such a masterpiece. Always dressed in a black pane with a slightly granite touch like the Duke Meca previously released, this Duke Sx350J2 is made of anodised aluminum. Its top cap, its switch as well as its facade consisting of the screen and adjustment buttons are them, aluminum with a brushed finish.
The 510 connection is made of stainless steel with a spring-loaded pin. Under the box, the introduction of the accumulator is done by unscrewing a small round bonnet, which is in two parts and contains two degassing holes. The central copper part is based on the negative pole of the battery and can be adjusted according to the format of your battery (the range is minimal).
The other side of the Duke is a little bulging, allowing to have a more comfortable grip of the box. On the bottom of this face, in steel color, the serial number and its name: "DUKE".
The two broad sides are identical and inlaid with an elegant relief along the length. One of the two sides is adorned with an aluminum escutcheon, bearing the superb logo of Vicious Ant. A badge of good size that fits well in the look, almost aristocratic, this box.
The top course is not completely flat. In profile and at first sight, its appearance seems inclined linearly but in reality this inclination is in two stages. On the first 21 millimeters, the switch is inlaid on a real inclination. Then, the 510 pad is based on a flat 25mm, surrounded by a riser that continues the rising effect and borders the atomizer 22mm or 23mm when screwed on the connection. A beautiful optical illusion continues by the aspect totally inclined at all but, I assure you, the atomizer rests flat on the box!
The OLED 0.91 screen is rather wide and contains a lot of perfectly readable information.
The contact buttons, like the switch, are very responsive and perfectly integrated into the chassis.
Overall, the box has a somewhat unusual size due to its nice line away from rectangular profiles. It is rigorously constructed of T7 type aluminum alloy which gives it an excellent resistance to corrosion. Its measurements are 26mm of depth on 46mm of width and 77 with 87mm in the height, with this inclination of one centimeter.
Needless to say, and yet I do, that all elements of the Duke Sx350J2 are certainly well assembled.
- Chipset type used: SX3350 J version 2
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the current vape voltage, current vape power display, fixed overheat protection of atomizer resistors, variable overheat protection of atomizer resistors, temperature control of atomizer resistors, Supports the update of its firmware, Supports the customization of its behavior by external software
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The functional features are not lacking on this Duke SX350J V2.
To begin, rather than flooding you with a text buzzing on the technical aspects, I prefer to present the table specific features of this box (in fact, its chipset), provided by the engine designer Yihiecigar
- Variable power from 0 to 75 Watts.
- Resistances accepted from 0.15Ω to 1.5Ω in variable power mode and from 0.05Ω to 0.3Ω in temperature control mode.
- The temperature range is 200 ° F to 580 ° F or 100 ° C to 300 ° C.
- The choice between 5 vape modes: Power +, Powerful, Standard, Economy, Soft.
- Ability to save in 5 memory different types of operation.
- The temperature control mode can be applied on Nickel, Titanium and SS304.
- Possibility of manually setting the initial resistance for the temperature coefficient (TRC config resistance)
- Ability to manually adjust the temperature coefficient or let the chipset use the probe to adjust the ambient temperature by probe (Gravity Sensor System)
- The orientation of the screen can rotate to the right, the left or it can be done automatically by manually switching the box.
- The By-pass function makes it possible to use the Duke as a mechanical box by inhibiting the electronics. So, the capacity of your Duke can go up to 85W power.
- Recharging by micro USB port
- The chipset has an anti-dry-brown technology and it can be updated on the site of Yihi.
This box also has other properties like the OLED screen 0.91 'adorned with the Vicious Ant logo and many security features such as:
- The inversion of the polarity.
- Protection against short circuits.
- Protections against resistance too low or too high.
- Protection against deep discharges.
- Protection against overheating.
And many more, I must certainly forget, but I admit that without notice it is difficult to list everything without omitting anything ...
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Can do better
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 1.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
For a luxury product, I regret the weakness of the packaging. Although the box is pretty with a lizard skin exterior decorated with the logo of Vicious Ant embossed and a cozy interior that surrounds the box. Enjoy it because that's all you'll have.
I would have liked to find a USB cable for reloading or upgrading the firmware and a manual for this chipset which is extremely provided in possibilities, manipulations and many other things that require a manual worthy of the status of this work . This is unfortunately disappointing, especially for the price!
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy but requires a workspace to lose nothing
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Its use can be simple or a little more complex depending on the mode chosen.
At first, ergonomics and handling are pleasant and comfortable. A correct size, a non-slip coating and very responsive buttons. Although the use of the switch on the top-cap is not usual, it is done very quickly. However the reliability of the switch was a little sad because, during the use of the box (over more than a week) and twice, the button remained depressed. By re-pressing, this is easily resolved but is it a design flaw, a defect inherent in the test model or is it a run of juice that could have pasted the switch at that time? I looked on the canvas and obviously no one has made this observation, so be careful not to run the liquid because cleaning may be dangerous.
For the operating mode, in order to access the various settings, there is also total black. Difficult to find a semblance of explanation unless you are bilingual and venture out hours on sometimes random videos of some users.
So, I start the procedure for use of this "super" chipset, to make your work easier:
- 5 clicks (on the switch) to turn on / off the box.
- 3 clicks to lock / unlock the adjustment buttons.
- 4 clicks to access the menu
Two proposals are made: "AVANCED" or "NOVICE"
With the [+] and [-] adjustment buttons, you choose and switch to confirm:
1. In the configuration NOVICE Things are simple. By pressing the switch, you scroll through the choices in this configuration:
- EXIT: on or off (you leave the menu)
- SYSTEM: on or off (you turn off the box)
In this Novice work mode, you vape in the variable power mode and the setting buttons are used to raise or lower the power value.
2. In the configuration avanced Is a little more delicate. You confirm this configuration by pressing the switch and several choices will be proposed to you
- 1 CONFIGURE: 5 possible storage options. Enter one of the 5 by scrolling through the choices with the setting buttons and select with the switch.
- ADJUST: choose the power of vape to record with buttons [+] and [-] then switch to validate
- EXIT: to exit the menu with on or off
- BYPASS: the box works as a mechanical mod, validate with on or off then switch.
- SYSTEM: turn off the box with on or off
- LINK: on or off then switch
- DISPLAY: direction of rotation of the screen left, right or auto (changes direction by manually switching the box)
- POWER & JOULE: on the mode POWER
o SENSOR: on or off
- On the mode JOULE for temperature control:
o SENSOR: on or off
o 1 CONFIGURE: 5 choice of memorization possible, enter into one of the 5 by scrolling through the choices with the adjustment buttons and select by the switch
o ADJUST: choose the value of the joules for the vape to record with the [+] and [-] buttons then switch to validate
o ADJUST: adjust with the [+] and the [-] the desired temperature
o TEMPERATURE Unit: choose between display in ° C or ° F
o COIL SELECT: Choose between NI200, Ti01, SS304, SX PURE (choice of CTR setting value), MANUAL TRC (choice of CTR setting value)
Attached is a temperature coefficient table of the resistive wire for 1Ω / mm with 28gauges and the value of the recommended resistance.
When you exit the menu, in AVANCED mode:
Just press [-] to scroll through your vape style: Standard, eco, soft, powerfull, powerfull +, Sxi-Q (S1 to S5 previously memorized).
When you press the [+], you scroll through the modes that you have put on each M1 memory to M5
When you press [+] and [-], you access the quick setting of the initial resistance and then go to COMPENSATE TEMP.
I think I went around the settings with the essential for its use. However, although the USB cable is not provided, know that you have the opportunity to update the software and set up your box via the PC and access other utilities such as defining your profile. I let you discover all the performance of this Duke SX350J2.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? anyone who has a diameter of 22mm and 23mm
- Description of the test configuration used: Test in power mode and in CT with various resistances in kanthal and Ni200
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: there is none, everything goes
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.9 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
This Duke SX350J2 is a real success, a little jewel with an excellent chipset: the SX350 J second version of YiHi.
As usual, Vicious Ant presents an exceptional product, in an original format, decorated with a badge that brings nobility to a prestigious and excellent quality.
Admittedly, the price is a bit spicy, which is why I am very disappointed by its packaging that provides no USB cable or record.
These features are endless quasas and its mode of operation can adapt to both novices and pros. I have spent a good deal of time trying to give you the procedure for its use to save time, it also allows you to have an overview of the capabilities of this wonder.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.