- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Myfree-cig
- Price of the tested product: 360 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 75 watts
- Maximum voltage: 9.5
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Vicious Ant is a pinoy moder known for his high-end creations and perfect finish.
The Duke Sx is the electronic version of the Duke's first name.
For embedded electronics, VA has trusted Yihiecigar and its Sx350 J2, a very high-end chipset with all the new technology on the market today, all enclosed in a T7 aluminum cage.
The basics for a bestseller are laid.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 46
- Product Length or Height in mms: 88
- Product weight in grams: 205
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Can do better and I'll tell you why
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? No
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
At first contact, the Duke Sx imposes. First by its very racy decoration and not its finish, which seems irreproachable. The three flush contactors will satisfy fans of "flushitude".
The grip is also a faultless, the switch falls naturally under the thumb and the somewhat rough appearance of the anodized aluminum reinforces us in this impression of quality.
Then comes the first shoot and the surprise of a switch that remains stuck in fire position ... ..!?!?!
A first contact for the least, um ... mixed, contrasted.
- Type of chipset used: SX
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the current vape voltage, current vape power display, fixed overheat protection of atomizer resistors, variable overheat protection of atomizer resistors, temperature control of atomizer resistors, Supports the update of its firmware, Supports the customization of its behavior by external software, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? Yes
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 24
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Who says box equipped with the Sx350 J2 says multitude of settings of all kinds. We will find, pell-mell, a variable power mode and a complete temperature control mode, 5 predefined electrical parameter levels and 5 user settings, configurable / adjustable via SXI-Q software
A mechanical mode (called bypass) that can send maximum 85w depending on the resistance of your atomizer and the state of charge of your battery is also present.
The box is equipped with a well to accommodate your battery. You will find on the bottom-cap, a screwed lid to release the access to the well and to ensure the perfect maintenance.
An electronic well filled with functions, even a little too much.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? We make fun of us!
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 0.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
For packaging, it can not be easier.
Your Duke Sx will be delivered in a beautiful black box with the logo of the brand on its edge and that's it.
Not a manual, not a warranty card and most importantly, something important it seems to me, not even a USB cable needed to connect to your pc for future chipset updates.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The box is on the whole rather simple to use. We mount his atomizer, we adjust its power (either manually or by the 5 recordable powers) and we shoo.
Where it gets a little complicated is the selection of power mode temperature control mode. Already, you will have to go through a multitude of menus to finally find the right one, select the type of wire or set the mode TCR if you intend to use a wire not managed natively, then go through another multitude of menus to arrive at the function "EXIT" and finally return to the main screen.
The SX350 j2 equipping our Duke Sx is a very good chipset, but far too complicated.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? no rules, mount the atomizer you want, the box will do the rest
- Description of the test configuration used: Miscellaneous atomizer, from RTA to genesis
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: no rules, mount the atomizer you want, the box will do the rest
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.2 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Well, what about this Duke Sx except that it is beautiful ... lines cut with an ax for a very successful racy look, a high-flying electronics and above all a name that makes you dream: Vicious Ant!
But all this does not prevent him from having some problems.
The first is the choice of electronics. If the chipset is one of the best on the market today, it lacks ergonomics to be intuitive and you'll quickly get lost in the menus, even for the less courageous, to give up the too advanced settings it offers.
The second, and this one believe me, it is inadmissible on the material proposed at this price, the switch that hangs!
If in general, the two interface buttons are superbly integrated, the switch him (and yet I love its shape and positioning) will tend to block, making fire continuously. It will press and move up and down to unlock.
Fortunately this block is rare, but still inadmissible in my opinion.
A very nice box but will target an "elite" of vapers. A patient elite ...
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.