- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Youvape
- Price of the tested product: 40 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Entry level (from 1 to 40 euros)
- Mod type: Electronic Bottom Feeder
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 60 watts
- Maximum voltage: 3.7 volts
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Kangertech, a pioneer in cheap and efficient equipment, is back this time with his vision of the box bottom feeder entry-level, powerful and accessible to everyone, even beginners.
So we have a complete kit "ready to vaper", equipped with all the usual security to prevent any risk of accident and pre-mounted RBA trays for those who do not have the courage or experience to make their own mounting.
Let's see in detail what this Dripbox offers us.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 45
- Product Length or Height in mms: 90
- Product weight in grams: 90
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 7
- Number of threads: 3
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Like all the latest products of the brand, the kit is colorful, well finished and offers a thoughtful grip.
The box has very compact dimensions, barely the size of two batteries together. the battery door is located at the bottom-cap, closed by a knurled ring to ensure a flawless maintenance.
Stuck to the battery door, we find the location for the vial dedicated to the bottom-feeder function, maintained in its housing by an ingenious system of needles inserted in a sliding plug preventing leakage. A magnetic hatch underneath is responsible for finishing the whole.
In the extension of the location of the vial is the switch.
A switch transparent plastic over-tinted, equipped with a white LED that will illuminate the shoot, locking the box and also serve as an error indicator. (Battery to replace, mounting below 0.2Ω ...)
To finish this little tour of the owner, I will introduce the dripper, the aptly named Subdrip.
It offers a tray in two parts:
- The outer part, containing the e-liquid supply system.
- The inner part, which will be screwed into the outer part, with two studs for fixing your resistive.
You will then find a fairly standard fireplace in the color of the box, with two cyclops type airholes (1mm x 10mm) and equipped with an open delrin drip-top of 12mm !!
The drip-top will serve as airflow adjustment by simply turning it in the chimney.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive atomizer pad if it allows it
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by the mod: Operating light indicators
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Not applicable, it is a mechanical mod
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The box is equipped with a rudimentary electronic chipset whose function is to ensure electrical distribution and all embedded security.
Your Dripbox will therefore operate on a resistance range between 0.2Ω and 2.5Ω. It will send at most 3.7V. Therefore, under the best conditions, the box will send 60W maximum.
The box has a fixed connector to ensure a perfect seal.
Some will see a flaw, others an advantage. But we must not forget that the box and the dripper were designed to work together.
The Subdrip comes natively with two RBA pre-equipped tray that can be rebuilt once the end of life assembly.
The mounting plate is easy enough to take in hand but forget the first resistive large diameter. Indeed, it has two post drilled at only 1mm.
A small flaw is still to be raised. The airholes are placed a little too high compared to the holes of the posts. Your editing may therefore be below the openings supposed to ventilate your assembly.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Very complete packaging, faithful to Kangertech.
So you will find two RBA trays equipped (one blistered, the other mounted in the dripper), a second vial for the bottom feeder (we regret however that no cap is provided to take it on the move), the USB cable for mobile charging and a complete manual translated into French.
A model of the kind as we would like to see more often.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
As you may have guessed from reading the first lines, the Dripbox is simple and reassuring to use.
It will be enough to equip your Subdrip of a pre-equipped tray or remade by yourself (if you redo your resistance, think to reassemble your assembly at the same level as the airholes to maximize the rendering)
Fill your vial with e-liquid, insert it into the cork, guide and slide it all the way to the top of the dedicated housing.
Put a battery with a CDM of at least 20A and you are ready to make your first "squonks" to soak your assembly.
Who said bottom feeding was complicated?
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper Bottom Feeder
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Any compatible bottom feeder dripper to take advantage of the function
- Description of the test configuration used: Complete Dripbox kit plus Origen v3 in bf pin
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: The basic kit does wonders
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
[s3bubbleVideoSingleJs bucket = ”levapelier-videosduteam” track = ”toff13 / Dripbox.mp4 ″ aspect =” 16: 9 ″ autoplay = ”false” download = ”false” cloudfront = ”” /]
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Once again, Kangertech hits hard with his Dripbox.
Until then box bottom feeder or "squonkers" were reserved for a certain elite, even if in recent months, some well-known manufacturers have begun to review prices down by offering their boxes around the 100 €.
But it was still necessary to get rid of the sacrosanct dripper compatible with the function, which in the end gave a rather salty note.
The strength of Kangertech is to offer products of good quality, taking what made the success of others, but for a still very low price to make the technology accessible to the greatest number.
This is done with the Dripbox, a complete set ready for use at the end of the box for a ridiculous price.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.