- Sponsor who has loaned the product for the magazine: Do not wish to be named.
- Price of the tested product: 35.37 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Entry level (from 1 to 40 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 60 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Digiflavor, a fairly recent brand in the panorama of the vape, has quickly gained a reputation by collaborating with the reviewer "siiiiick" Rip Trippers for the atomizers of the Pharaoh range. However, the brand also makes boxes including the DF60 that we will examine today.
Small, equipped with a native 1700mAh LiPo battery and delivering 60W, the box is sold at a rate flush with the daisies of 35 € and intends to well make his hole in the category of minis (not micro as minivolt, for example) that can tempt beginners and even the confirmed ones in search of a nomadic box, easy to take away, to vape daily by facing the vicissitudes of the street and the work.
Offering a variable power mode and a complete temperature control mode including a TCR, the DF60 is well rigged to meet any eventuality and meet a large number of requests.
It comes in black and brushed natural finish and presents well enough to offer it to vote smoking stepmother without going for a rapiat. What to install curiosity about this UFO, enough to try a test.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 26
- Product Length or Height in mm: 70.4
- Product weight in grams: 141
- Material composing the product: Zinc alloy
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: On the top cap
- Fire button type: Spring mechanics
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, not the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Taking over the dimensions of a Pico Istick, the DF60 differs however in its shape, much more angular. The form factor is cubic even if the edges have been rounded for a comfort of grip very real. Adapted to all palms, it shows a neat aesthetic, certainly not revolutionary but quite becoming alternating metal parts zinc alloy and inserts way carbon fiber.
The screen is large enough, readable and displays current information: operating mode, power or temperature delivered, real-time vape voltage, resistance value and battery charge. It overhangs two buttons [+] and [-] metal enough reactive and not rickety and a micro-USB connection that will be used to recharge the included LiPo battery and upgrade the firmware using the software you can find You can consult it by clicking here..
The bottom cap has fifteen holes to cool the entrails of the box and in case of possible degassing.
The top-cap accommodates a spring-loaded 510 connection with a brass positive pin. But that's not all because the switch is also there and it deserves to linger a little because it is unpublished at this level of range. Indeed, we have here a metal button mounted on spring, very pleasant to use and quality. The support is flexible and the race is short. Its position will require a slight adaptation time, force of habit requires, but is ultimately very ergonomic, whether for users index or thumb. A real joy.
The finish is engaging and has no visible defects. For the price, it is very well seen and the box is not "cheap". With a width of 26mm, it can accommodate atomizers up to 23mm in diameter. Beyond, the devices will protrude on the front face.
A very positive assessment in terms of quality. An excellent quality / price ratio so far.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Display of current vape voltage, Display of current vape power , Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware, Clear diagnostic messages
- Compatibility accus: LiPo
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Medium, because there is a noticeable difference depending on the value of the atomizer resistance
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
DF 60 offers three modes of operation. The classic variable power, a temperature control natively accepting the following resistive: SS304, SS316, SS317, NI200, TI and a TCR mode allowing you to implement the heating coefficient of your own resistive if it is not included.
The manipulations of adjustment are very intuitive and lapped and borrows a lot of ergonomics in vogue at the moment.
Thus, to turn the unit off or on, five clicks on the switch will suffice.
Three clicks on the switch give access to the mode selection. Then you can progress in this menu with the [+] and [-] keys and validate by clicking on the switch.
Simultaneous pressing of the [+] and [-] buttons activates the so-called "stealthy" mode (this name amuses me!) Which determines whether the screen will turn on or off when you use your box to vape. The same manipulation ensures the return to normal.
The resistance range of use is from 0.1 to 2.5Ω. The box fires 0.06Ω however, considering the purpose and power of the product, I do not see the need. The power, between 5W and 60W, is progressing from 0.5W, an unusual graduation yet quite suitable for use in this mode, most people (not to mention all) vaping more often at 25W than 25,2W, n 'is this not ?
The temperature ranges from 95 ° C to 345 ° C and progresses or regresses by 5 ° with each press. The highest value seems very important and I remind you that vegetable glycerin can decompose from a temperature of 240 / 250 ° C by generating acrolein. Avoid exceeding this critical threshold.
The features are basic but complete and the box is trimmed to ensure any style of vape, in the measure of the power it offers, of course. The necessary protections have been implemented and ensure safe operation.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
A nice packaging considering the price! A white and red cardboard box effectively protects the mod as well as a USB / Micro USB cable and a complete, detailed and multilingual manual including French!
A nice effort from the manufacturer although, for information, I would have liked to find the maximum voltage and intensity in the specifications. But this is only quibbling because we still have an excellent impression. The pacemaker is not taken for what it is not and Digiflavor has ensured.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In variable power mode, the DF60 behaves very well. The rendering is fleshy, the displayed power corresponds well to the felt power and the comparison with other chipsets plus sides does not reveal radical differences. The manufacturer has worked well and delivers a mod quite usable and even flattering compared to its tariff. The signal is very smoothly smoothed and the calculation algorithms have been implemented very correctly for a precise and round vape.
In temperature control mode, it's a little less obvious. The displayed temperature seems underestimated and we often have the impression that the heating is important. If you are accustomed to vape around 180 ° C for example, it will be necessary to go down around 140 ° to obtain a temperature made identical. Even if the box behaves well in this mode, it is necessary to take into account this shift and it is the sign that the temperature control is not optimal on the DF60. Note that each installation of a new atomizer (or even if you remove it and put it back), the box proposes to confirm its resistance by a message "New Coil, Yes or No? "That you validate the case by the button [+] or [-].
The error messages are clear, well explained in the manual and the box behaves without weakness or untimely heating over time. The battery life is correct even if the fairly fast drop in the displayed charge level reminds us that the battery included does "only" 1700mAh.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A low 22 atomizer to keep the size small
- Description of the test configuration used: Taifun GT3, Narda, Kayfun V5, Nautilus X
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: In variable power, with an atomizer in 22mm
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.4 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Digiflavor's Df60 is a good surprise.
At a very fair price of 35 €, it offers what you can expect from a box in 2017 and all in a mini format, with a particular aesthetic and worked while enjoying a quality of construction very honest.
It may be suitable for beginners but also as a travel box for confirmed or expert vapers without having to blush its performance.
The somewhat dubious implementation of the temperature control barely puts it next to the top mod it deserves, but for those who do not use it, and there are many, or provided they settle the temperature well below that expected, it will steam properly in this mode too.
Digiflavor is strong in this niche where Joyetech and Eleaf have had their hands for a long time and that's good for diversity.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.