- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Wholesaler Francochine
- Price of the tested product: ~ 65 Euros public price generally found
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 100 W
- Maximum voltage: 8.5 V
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
After an excellent 240W Graffiti dual battery, VZone, new Chinese manufacturer, offers us a simple Cultura battery 100W power. Simple accu, yes, but can accept the 20700 format and the 18650 format thanks to a supplied adapter.
We remain in a very graphic universe, quite refreshing at this time and which seems to carry the particularity of the young brand. In fact, the Cultura is available in three colors that will allow you to choose very different universes but all having a good quality of achievement.
With a power of 100W, as the name suggests, the box displays a very good 32A possible output intensity. Here, you have to know how to be reasonable, this intensity will not be reached serenely with the recommended use of a good battery 20700.
The price of 65 € is indicative, the marketing of the box is very recent, it will be necessary to see how the various actors of the distribution are positioned. But even at this price, we stay in the mid-range and the box seems to have under foot to justify its value.
This is also what we will check during this test.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Product Diameter in mm: 30 x 38
- Product Length or Height in mm: 89
- Product weight in grams: 213
- Material composing the product: Aluminum alloy
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box
- Decorative Style: BD Universe
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.7 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Aesthetically, it's a great success. The mixture of a beautiful aluminum alloy with decorative panels is striking and, if we are sensitive to this type of design, we can only fall in love with the Cultura because the drawing is not here a cache -misère, fully valued by an excellent finish and a choice of rather flattering materials.
This success, as with Graffiti, is due to the use of IML, a technology to cast a label printed in a mold and melt it with polypropylene to obtain a very bright and convincing plastic. It remains, therefore, only to stick to the body of the mod.
But the aesthetic choices are not limited to that since we have here a very harmonious drawing, mixture of straight lines and curves which mixes the pleasure of the eyes with a tactile pleasure because the grip of this compact and very narrow object (38mm) is excellent. The weight remains quite substantial but also participates in the concept of perceived quality that emanates from the product. The back of the mod is covered with engravings on all its surface to ensure an effective grip and a certain sensuality in the palm of the hand.
On the front, there is the dashboard, traditionally consisting of the switch, interface buttons, screen and micro USB port that will recharge in nomadic mode. It is never futile to continue to explain that the use of an external charging device is always more reliable for the life of your batteries, but the reassuring presence of an embedded system still allows to continue to vape when we are traveling.
The switch is aluminum. Round and beautiful in diameter, it is very responsive and pleasant to handle. Same for the [+] and [-] buttons below the screen. The set shows a nice fit and no annoying clatter is heard when moving the box.
The screen is very clear and provides the necessary information: power or temperature in progress, voltage delivered, battery gauge, display of the employed mode and pre-heat selected. No useless fantasies, the essential is there.
The top cap will accommodate atomizers of diameter less than or equal to 25mm thanks to a connection plate of qualitative appearance equipped with a positive pin on spring.
The bottom-cap, engraved in the mass of some inscriptions, also serves as a sliding battery door. Once clipped, there is no risk that the battery will fall and the mod will stay upright on a flat surface, proof once again that the adjustments have been calculated accurately. There are four degassing holes, always useful in case of battery problem.
Small icing on the cake for lovers of sound and light, the name of the mod lights up in blue when pressing the switch. In general, it's not really my cup of tea but, here, I let myself be seduced by the quality of the implementation of the lighting system and its sobriety.
In summary, we have a mod brilliantly drawn and realized whose visual and qualitative rendering sloppily on the higher category.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Temperature control of the atomizer resistors, Clear diagnostic messages, Indicators of operation
- Accu Compatibility: 18650 / 20700
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The Cultura embarks, like the Graffiti, the home chipset named HW Board 1.0. It is therefore restricted to 100W for this simple battery model. It offers two main modes of operation.
First of all, we have the classic variable power mode. Here we go from 7 to 100W in increments of 0.5W, a real pleasure for those who are tired of waiting for lead times as the power increases from 0.1 to 0.1W! In use, you can mount resistors between 0.1 and 3Ω.
This mode doubles as a pre-heating feature, named here Taste Mode, which will serve to bend the signal to get the vape rendering that best suits you. The choice may be on HARD or SOFT depending on your desire to wake up a little slow editing or calm a more turbulent editing. The NORM item will not affect the signal start. You will also have the choice of the USER item that will allow you to carve the curve of your puff on the ten seconds possible by adjusting each level at your convenience. A useless detail for some but the Grail for others!
In temperature control mode, you will have the choice between SS316, Ni200 or titanium which are implemented automatically. In this mode you will go from 100 to 300 ° C in increments of 1 degree and you will be able to use it on a resistance scale between 0.05 and 1Ω. You are also given the opportunity to "lock" the resistor so that the calculations are more relevant and not subject to changes depending on the resistance value variations of your coil.
This mode also doubles as a TCR function, always useful to implement by yourself the heating coefficient of your resistive staff: SS317, NiFe, Nichrome ...
In terms of ergonomics, it's easy easy home and, if you are familiar with the operation of a box, you will be quickly operational to use it.
Five clicks on the switch for startup or shutdown. Three to enter the menu. You navigate in the menu by pressing the [+] and [-] keys as the modifiable information is highlighted, you enter the sub-menus by pressing the switch, you adjust with the interface buttons and you confirm with the switch. Nothing easier!
There are three memory allocations that will allow you to store all the information for three different atomizers to find them with a single stroke of finger.
Simultaneous pressing on the switch and the [-] button will block or unlock the current power or temperature.
It is clear that ergonomics has been particularly worked by the engineers at VZone and the result is felt by the ease of handling the box.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
We have here a pretty sexy cardboard box with a drawer that reveals all the contents of the packaging:
The box, perfectly secured by folding cardboard. A USB / Micro USB cable for charging, a note that speaks, among others, a French academic but very understandable and the usual paperwork on quality control.
A conditioning of the most correct.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The quality of the rendering is the only virtue that counts for a box intended to vape greedily. Bet completely filled here thanks to optimal operation of the chipset.
Beyond the simplicity of use and the pleasant handling, one discovers a vape very dense and compact, displaying a latency almost zero. If the aromatic precision is probably not the best on the market, it has the merit of being very real and offer an excellent compromise between surgery on boxes at triple the price and greedy compactness of others .
Suffice to say that for the price, we are specially spoiled by the manufacturer.
Regarding the temperature control mode, it is simply exemplary and conducive to change the minds of the most resistant to this vape. Direct, very safe and perfectly controllable, it provides immediate pleasure, supported by the ease of its implementation.
The balance sheet therefore continues in the same level of quality. Irreproachable ergonomics, made impeccable, innovative design ... a winning trio.
To this is added the battery of the usual protections for this type of material. Thus, the short circuits do not scare him, any more than a battery placed in the wrong direction or a deep discharge. This is serious and augurs the best for the future of this new manufacturer in the world of the vape.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during testing: 18650 / 20700
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Any atomizer of 25mm of diameter or less
- Description of the test configuration used: Vapor Giant Mini V3, Dead Rabbit, Green Start, Aspire Revvo
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: The one that suits you
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The Cultura 100W presents only good and arrives on the market of mid-range with pretensions of the higher range. It could make you laugh but it is not.
The quality of the construction, that of the rendering, the simplified functionalities and put at the range of all add up to a tariff contained for a bluffing result. Of course, it will be sensitive to the particular aesthetic of the product and the brand but, beyond the cosmetic aspect, it is a technical success on all levels.
Even if the reliability of a product is judged over several months, it seemed to me, in a week of testing, that she was well at the rendezvous too. The product is reassuring, both mechanically and electronically.
Go VZone, another new product Top Mod! Too bad, me, I want more!
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.