- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Tech Steam
- Price of the tested product: 74.5 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 80 watts
- Maximum voltage: 6,4
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The Joyetech 150W TC Cuboid has been very well received in the international vaposphere. It's normal, it's a great tool. By partnering with Wismec, the Chinese manufacturer has become a leader in the technological innovation of electrical boxes, already that it had a comfortable commercial preponderance for clearomizers and other ato-tanks, with proprietary resistances. We also owe Joyetech the opportunity to mount our own heads on this type of atomizer, not to mention the adaptable trays.
With the Cuboid mini kit, an additional cap has been crossed, it provides everyone with a powerful equipment, easy to use and designed for all vapers, ladies, you are part of it, and this kit will reconcile you with the sophisticated equipment, (available in five different colors).
5ml of capacity, compatible with 7 different heads already available, having a RBA head and a pre-formed resistance provided, filling from the top, AFC, nothing but the ato is a small jewel, perfectly adapted to the box , which she holds all the features of her big sister 200W, all for less than 80 €. Let's see this in detail.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22.5
- Length or Height of the product in mms: 75.6 for the box - 124,5 for the whole
- Product weight in grams: 228 the kit - 138 the box only
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel, Aluminum, Brass
- Form Factor type: Classic box - VaporShark type in mini
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts making up the product: 7 (including the components of the atomizer + resistance)
- Number of threads: 5 (including 2 atomizer clamps and a resistance mount)
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The box is aluminum, anodized finish (gold for test color), 36,5mm wide (35,5 not counting the salient switch). The top-cap is designed to allow aeration of the atomizers underneath, up to the 510 stainless steel connection, provided with 4 ventilation streaks. The gold plated positive pin is spring-adjustable. Two screws allow an opening of the top-cap to possibly change the battery.
The bottom-cap presents nineteen vents and a location to perform a firmware reset.
On a slice, you can connect a micro-USB cable, to recharge the battery and to upgrade the firmware on the manufacturer's website, we'll talk about it.
The other side has the switch, very close to the top-cap.
The functional facade is shared by a black plastic window over the entire length, there is the settings button at the bottom, and the thumb 0,96 OLED screen (24,38mm), just above.
The atomizer is also made of aluminum, it takes the aesthetics of the box on both the shape and the decor, a window allows you to see the liquid level. Filling is done by removing the drip-tip / AFC / resistance unit in one operation. It contains 5ml useful juice reserve.
The underside shows the housing of one of the 2 screws holding the ato on the box, we will talk about it too. Its weight equipped (coil) and full of juice reaches almost 100g.
The set is very well designed, perfectly made, compact and aesthetic. Before even vape, we feel a quality product in the hand, only the plastic drip-tip is not exactly the same tone as the set, color and material make it an object with the appearance cheap and almost incongruous, I quibble of course, you'll understand.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Display of the power of the current vape, Time display Vape of each puff, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22.5
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The box is a replica of the Cuboid, his big sister. Its electronic features are almost similar. It only goes up to 80W and supports the following three types of resistive wires: Ni 200, Ti, SS 316, in VT mode (temperature control), from mountings of a minimum resistance value of 0,05Ω and up to 1,0Ω. The temperature range is 100-315 ° C / 200-600 ° F.
VW mode (variable power) accepts any other type of wire and resistor values between 0,1 and 3,5Ω.
The built-in LiPo battery is given to 2400 mAh, without further details on its maximum discharge capacity (CDM) peak or continuously, but I trust Joyetech and the Chinese manufacturers inventors (and only producers) of this type of battery, for thinking and integrated a battery that meets the technical requirements inherent to the vape and the specificities of this box. His replacement is not planned for us, poor amateurs, but I bet that in the near future, resourceful vapoteurs will do a video tutorial for this purpose, long live the DiY.
The protections are numerous: cutting after 10 seconds of continuous vape, protection in case of low battery charge: 2,9V (except in Bypass mode) Overload protection, faulty connection detection (USB / microUSB) and lack of Low intensity warning from 3,3V Warning in case of resistance too low Cut in case of short circuit or internal temperature of the device too high (70 ° c) End of charge management charge disappears from the screen).
Other functions also exist, such as stealth mode, screen rotation, setting lock, and box switching on and off. I refer you to the manual in French to familiarize you with the many settings of VT and TCR modes, the explanations are understandable and accompanied by clear schematics and table descriptions.
The atomizer fills up, once removed the part screwed to the top-cap. It is supposed to have maximum filling marks, I did not notice them on the test ato, you will make sure to fill it as in the picture, if you do not have either.
The drip-tip / AFC / resistance and tank / 510 set is broken down as follows:
To place the atomizer on the box you must act on the screws placed on the sides with the provided Allen key. Fully screw the screw down (opposite the drip-tip side to lock the 510 connector to the ato (preventing it from turning on itself)), then unscrew the screw from the switch side. You will be able to screw the ato on the box. Arrived in flush position, operate with the screws in the opposite direction, that's all.
When you screw the head on the ato, after reaching the end of screwing if you continue to turn you act on the air flow control ring, until the stop in this direction, you open and increase the admission of air, in the other direction you diminish it.
We will talk again about the possibilities offered by the box and the atomizer below.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Joyetech gratifies us with an exemplary package as usual, the box contains, in addition to the set-up, a USB / microUSB connection cable, 3 ready-to-use resistors: 1x Notch Coil ™ 0,25Ω - 1x BF SS316 0,5Ω - 1x BF CLAPTON 1,5Ω, as well as a BF RBA. A notice in French for the box and one for the ato, a warranty card, a bag of spare parts with an Allen key, 2x screw 6 pans for the ato, a pre-formed coil, a little bit of Japanese cotton, a black drip-tip.
What to take full advantage of the many forms of vape offered by this kit for a few months or years.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The Cuboid mini is comparable to the eVic VTC with 5W more and additional features like TCR mode and Bypass. Its battery, however, can not easily change, it is a point that makes it less attractive for me, I see myself badly throw this set-up when the battery will be at the end of its cycles .... it is nevertheless in this spirit that Joyetech conceived it, the consumable must be redeemed, it is a little heartbreaking, it is up to us to change this spirit by consuming differently but it is another subject.
The built-in LiPo is very powerful up to 40W in terms of autonomy, beyond which I confess I can not enlighten you, I have not steamed a long time to more than 45W and I will tell you why, the box is not not in question though. The requested amperage is displayed in real time at the bottom of the screen, but even the reading direction returned, it is not easy to read it.
Good responsiveness to the pulse, no malfunction, no internal heating, charging 2h15 to 1Ah (adapter not supplied), and 4h30 to the computer to more or less 0,5 Ah. The sensors are reliable: resistance too low, short circuit and values are correctly detected, with the appropriate cutoff. I can only note that this material is very powerful in addition to being compact and well drawn.
The atomizer is Cubis style and can integrate all -BF- resistance of the Joyetech range, with its 5ml it can satisfy, for a day of vape, a person with measured consumption, with a mounting to 1 ohm and up to 18 / 20W power, depending on the nature of the juice and its personal tastes. Note also that the RBA head provided (which is part of a more ethically correct spirit in my opinion) allows, in simple vertical coil assembly, always vaper in case of failure of a proprietary system.
Let's talk about the novelty associated with this atomizer: the Notch Coil ™ 0,25Ω mounted first for this test. It is a ribbon-type coil concept that offers a heating surface in contact with the juice, far superior to the traditional coils of tubular sections. As shown in the photo, the cylinder is dotted with notches at regular intervals such as the lines of symbolic hexagrams Yi King (another Chinese specificity dating back some 6000 years back but still relevant in Asia nowadays ...)
It is obvious, this coil makes an optimum contact with the liquid that passes through the capillary inserted inside, the observation at the vape is all the more limpid. The amount of steam is higher and the density is clearly doubled compared to a conventional 0,25 at the same power, experiment performed with the same juice, and mirage EVO.
But now, I could safely go up to 60, 70 and 75W with this dripper without burning me, as it was not possible with this atomizer. Past the 45W, AFC fully open, it starts to heat, 55W is untenable, it gurgles and I have to add a grid drip-tip to avoid the projections of boiling juice. The puffs do not last more than 4 / 5 seconds otherwise it is the punishment.
The airflow can not follow these powers, it is insufficiently surfaced. Consequence: the revolutionary resistance can not be brought to its full yield, too bad I go to the BF 0,5 Ω SS.
At 40W, she does the job, the ato and its airflow fully open well. The vape is pleasant, rather tasty, the steam remains dense and provided. 45W the vape heats a little, I space and shorten the time of draw but it remains correct. 50W, I'm coughing, it's the limit that I'm not going to exceed, it's anyway a power more than 50% higher than the norm, let's be reasonable.
The vape with this head is quite correct, I hope that the last resistance to 1,5Ω will be as good, normal values of course.
The BF CLAPTON 1,5Ω is in Kanthal and organic cotton, given for a power range of 8 to 20W. The draw is very tight, The AFC is almost useless, I'm back to my debut with the eVod! At 20W, the vape is a little bland, I close the airflow, it's even tighter and the vape is not really more tasty. It's not my thing, my feeling is distorted by the drifting vape for too long, I do not feel pleasure with this style of drawing, I stop the experience. I understand, however, that it is suitable for beginners and it is a form of reduced consumption of energy and juice that can seduce more than one.
In any case, with these BF resistors, primer them with one or two drops of juice and wait at least 5 minutes once in place, before taking your first puff, at 20% less than the "normal" power it's wiser.
There are 7 types of compatible heads, you will find your happiness and your vape among them with this Cuboid Mini Kit, I am sure.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Any type of 22mm ato of diameter, the one supplied being the most aesthetically adapted
- Description of the test configuration used: Kit box and atomizer
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Open bar, it's up to you.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Here we are (finally) at the end of this review, the Top Mod is well deserved, and for the atomizer it is only a question of adequate resistance, the BF SS316 0,5Ω, compatible with the features of the box seems the more able to satisfy the greatest number of us.
Frankly, this kit is a success, its look, its proportions, its weight, its equipment, and especially its price make it for me, a beautiful commercial future. It is easy to use, powerful in autonomy at intermediate powers, reliable, in terms of both electronic and hardware functionalities. It will please the ladies who will let their lovers mumuse with settings VT and TCR (for the good sanitary reason of their halves of course, a little like the levels with the car what!).
So share your impressions on the beast, I can not wait to read you or listen to you, now it's possible, think about it!
Good luck to all,
See you soon.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.