- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Tech-Steam
- Price of the tested product: 65 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 200 watts
- Maximum voltage: 9.5
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
With the well-deserved success of the Evic VTs, VTCs and the experience acquired thanks to the successful Reulnumx Reuleaux engine, Joyetech had to create its own "supercharged" box to be present on all the segmentation of the market.
This is done with the Cuboïd, a box with generous dimensions that hides within it a new generation of electronics at very high power for a small price.
The Cuboid is she successful? I propose you to discover this step.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 42
- Product Length or Height in mms: 91.5
- Product weight in grams: 209
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.1 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
We will not hide it, the Cuboid is aptly named and it is felt in the grip. Despite a certain weight, the grip is quite nice and the positioning of the switch falls hair pile under the thumb.
If it's last is a little too "clicky" and has a natural tendency to fidget in its location, it remains perfectly responsive.
The controls [+] and [-] are united on the same elongated button perfectly integrated in the design and coming to position under the screen. A large screen surmounted by a tinted plate. If the latter is the most beautiful effect, reading the screen becomes complicated outside.
And, finally, the hatch: if the system is thought to do without tools to change the batteries, it may be a little recalcitrant to the opening when the box is empty (spring effect too light).
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Battery polarity reversal protection, Display of the power of the vape course, Display of the vape time since a certain date, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Variable protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the atomizer resistors, Supports the setting day of its firmware, clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Mini-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 2
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The Cuboid is an electronic success. The menus are simple and go to the basics. All securities are of course present. (Inversion of the batteries, overheating ...)
If it arrives with a displayed power of 150w, you will be able via an upgrade available on the site of the constructor to make it climb to 200w !!
In addition, the Cuboid offers a very powerful temperature control and especially adaptable to a large number of dedicated son through TCR programming.
Indeed, the latter works natively with the most known son such as Ni200, Titanium (which I advise against use) and stainless steel (ss316) but it can work with other types of resistive son such as the NiFe30 (used by Dicodes) by simply setting the value in the dedicated menu.
You will then be able to create 3 TCR profiles.
Here are some loose values that you can use:
- Ni200 - 00062 (already set as standard)
- Ti (Grade 1) - 00035 (already set as standard)
- NiFe30 - 00032
- SS 304 - 0001050
- SS 316 - 0000915 (already set as standard)
- SS 317 - 0000875
- SS 410- 0001550
- SS 430- 0001380
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Conditioning the image of the Cuboid, we go straight to the point. You will find a USB cable for charging and upgrading the box as well as a manual translated into several languages including French. Effective.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The Cuboid is very simple to use. Once its atomizer of predilection assembled, one adjusts its power, possibly its control of temperature, one makes a pressure of 5 seconds on the buttons +/- to lock everything and the Cuboïd is ready to fire.
Only the weight a little high (not far from 380gr, including battery and atomizer mounted) can be felt.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? No rules, you get what you want, the box will do the job.
- Description of the test configuration used: several types of atomizer with different resistances.
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: No rules, it's as you want.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
If a manufacturer surprises us regularly it is Joyetech!
After a series of mods more or less successful but, let's face it, brought each time its share of novelties, I think in particular the first evic of the name that could connect to the PC to analyze among others its vape daily, then the second generation of Evic where we could display the photo of Médor and the mother-in-law in monochrome, Joyetech has not stopped innovating sometimes for the worse but more often for the better.
Today, with the success of Evic VT and VTC, Ego One and other E-Grip, Joyetech presents its Cuboid!
A box that is not reserved for any elite since offered at a price accessible to many stock exchanges, offering stratospheric power and the latest innovations in terms of temperature control. What more ?
Joyetech likes to shake the codes, and again, it's a success!
A big thank you to Brice Tech-Steam for the loan of this amazing Cuboid!
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.