- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Tech Steam
- Price of the tested product: 21.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Entry level (from 1 to 35 euros)
- Atomizer type: Clearomizer
- Number of resistances allowed: 1
- Type of resistors: Non-reconstructable owners, Non-rebuildable owners with temperature control, Owners hard to rebuild
- Type of wicks supported: Cotton, Fiber Freaks density 2
- Quantity in milliliters announced by the manufacturer: 4
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The Cubis made a big noise on its release. A very versatile clearomizer, which can be as good for first-time vapers as confirmed, it was already good. But if we add an anti-leak technology fully developed, it was almost Nirvana! Also, Joyetech's miracle clearomizer has enjoyed a huge commercial success which, even today, continues unabated.
However, some reproaches on the airflow could be made on this first opus. Indeed, with the lowest resistances in the wide range of consumables available, this airflow remained a little too tight and some vape sessions quickly turned into sauna oral and nasal!
To answer these reproaches which emanated especially from the most confirmed of our co-religionists, Joyetech thus leaves a Cubis Pro, which is promised us as answering the expectations of an improved airflow.
Available in black, steel, red, orange, white and blue at a floor rate of 21.90 €, we can not say that the Cubis Pro has taken the big head! And so much the better because it will have to convince widely, from beginners to more experienced that this version brings a real plus compared to the first.
Compatible with all the BF resistors in the range and adding a new resistance QCS (Notch Coil Rebuildable) and a resistor LVC (Clapton with liquid flow control in 1.5Ω), the Cubis Pro displays a great willingness to fight. Let's sew !!! 😎
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Length or height of the product in mms as it is sold, but without its drip tip if it is present, and regardless of the length of the connection: 40
- Weight in grams of the product as sold, with its drip tip if it is present: 48
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Pyrex
- Form Factor Type: Nautilus
- Number of component parts without screws and washers: 4
- Number of threads: 3
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Number of O-rings, Drip-Tip excluded: 2
- Quality of O-rings present: Good
- O-ring positions: Top Cap - Tank
- Capacity in milliliters actually usable: 3.7
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Less than its predecessor of a few millimeters, the Cubis Pro presents well and displays immediately its fundamental difference in the form of an airflow ring, located at the top-cap. This ring, very easy to rotate, is, ergonomically, ideally placed. Indeed, no need to loosen the ato mod to modify the airflow, no need to go there "at random", we see very well what we do. The ring has two sets of 5 holes approximately 1mm wide and therefore allows a very precise and visual adjustment, unlike the Cubis first name.
The advertised autonomy is 4ml. It is not very far from the truth BUT ... it will depend on the resistances that will be installed on the ato. Indeed, some resistances are larger than others and will therefore take more space, which will leave all the less for the juice. Let's stay humble and, around 3.5ml, everything will be fine.
The construction does not suffer from any reproach. It is Joyetech, it is neat, well done, the coating is solid and reliable and the finishes are neat, no offense to the tenants of good taste who think (still ....) That Chinese manufacturers can not by definition produce quality material and who say it on Facebook using their manufactured Iphone guess where ??? So, protectionist pro-Western, why not? But Sino-racism primary counter, it will be without me. End of the parenthesis.
We are therefore on a clearomiseur whose price / quality ratio is most flattering. There is no problem on this floor, so I suggest you go to the one above.
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive pad of the battery or the mod on which it will be installed
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes, and variable
- Diameter in mms maximum of the air regulation possible: 10
- Minimum diameter in mms of the air regulation possible: 0.1
- Positioning of the air regulation: Positioning of the adjustable air regulation effectively
- Spray chamber type: Conventional / reduced
- Heat dissipation of the product: Normal
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The most obvious and reassuring feature of this atomizer is to generate steam. What he does very correctly.
The airflow is a real butter to adjust, it's intuitive, it does not require Bac + 12 to be understood and once completely tight, it's simple, it seems to vape on a pencil. Try with other atos to see! Here, when it's closed, it's closed!
The anti-leak system is the result of the overall system design. So we have a tank closed down, totally. First advantage: the filling is easy, it is not likely to create a tsunami of juice on the pants. Second advantage: Well, if the tank is completely waterproof on the bottom and the top of the ato is blocked by the top-cap, how do you want it to leak?
The top-cap is therefore composed of two fundamental parts: the part comprising the airflow ring and the chimney embryo which is screwed on the reservoir and a screwable shutter which allows access to the filling. Which is facilitated by a large place. And if that's not enough, you can also decide to unscrew the piece with the airflow to have a gaping hole in front of the eyes.
On the chimney part, you screw the resistance of your choice, taking care to prime it by pouring one or two drops of juice directly into it. It is then enough to plunge the whole in the tank, then to fill it and we are ready to vaper. Simpler, it seems difficult and even those who have two left hands, as your servant, will quickly take their marks. Youpi, is not it?
- Drip tip type: 510 Only
- Presence of a Drip-Tip? Yes, the vaper can immediately use the product
- Length and type of drip-tip present: Medium
- Quality of the present drip-tip: Good
Reviewer's comments on the Drip-Tip
Attention ladies, it is not without drip-tip that Joyetech offers its Cubis Pro, it is not with a drip-tip either. No ladies, it's two drip-tips that will be delivered with your new atomizer! Why do less when we can do more?
Indeed, we have a first plastic drip-tip of the same color as the atomizer. This drip-tip is simple, has two joints and will allow you to vaper. The material is not exceptional but, for the price, we will not ask too much.
Especially since we are offered a second drip-tip, black this one, including an internal helical system to limit the projections of juice in your mouth. Good idea because, as we will see below, this may happen to you.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
It is a "Joyetech" packaging. Namely the total to fully understand and understand the product and turn it on in the quarter of an hour that follows. A complete packaging including:
- The atomizer
- Both drip-tips
- Two spare gaskets
- A detailed multi-language manual, including French!
- A Japanese cotton pad
- A warranty card
- A Notch Coil resistance to 0.25Ω, usable between 30 and 70W (no panic, you will not succeed!)
- A BF SS316 resistance in 0.5Ω, usable between 20 and 30W
- QCS Clapton resistance in 1.5Ω including an easy juice flow control system.
- A rebuildable Notch Coil Resistance.
- A table of resistances available and compatible with the Cubis Pro according to your level and your tastes.
Well, I believe that the mass is said on this level. All the other manufacturers, be they European, Chinese or Martian are beaten to the point. As an indication, I remind you the price of all: 21.90 €!
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with mod of test configuration: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Filling facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Facilities for changing resistances: Easy, even standing in the street
- Is it possible to use this product throughout the day with several vials of EJuice? Yes perfectly
- Was there leak after one day of use? No
- In the event of leaks during the tests, descriptions of the situations in which they occurred:
Note from Vapelier on the ease of use: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The new airflow brings a second youth to the product and the vape can be declined from tight to aerial without problem ... or almost.
Indeed, we must take into account the principle of air circulation of Cubis which imposes an air intake from above (to prevent leaks). At each aspiration, the air returns through the airholes according to your setting. It is redirected towards the center of the resistance by a duct surrounding the chimney and then goes up, charged with steam by the main duct. On paper, it's a great idea. And in practice, it will work but within certain limits.
Indeed, the airflow, sufficient to have an air flow, however, is insufficient to cool the steam as soon as we ramp up. We are therefore restricted by the heat of the steam rather quickly.
For example, the Notch Coil resistance in 0.25Ω is given for operation between 30 and 70W. In reality, you will not exceed 45W to the maximum and 50W dice, you burn your tongue! This makes us very annoyed with this resistance that will not react sufficiently low power and heat too quickly as soon as you climb, at the expense of respect for the liquid and a devastating temperature.
The resistance SS316 in 0.5Ω, is more comfort. Requiring less power to express oneself fully, one reaches less quickly temperatures which are detrimental to the behavior in flavors of the liquid. At 27W, we are very good even if the steam is still hot. At 22W, we are in a lukewarm temperature for most liquids.
As for the Clapton resistance, the juice flow setting is efficient and allows you to accept juice loaded with VG. She reacts correctly around 20 / 25W and proposes a smooth and heavy vape that Clapton fans (the resistive, not the guitarist ...) will recognize among a thousand.
My preference goes very much to the 316Ω SS0.5 BF resistance. It is the one that best expresses the flavors while remaining very suitable in volume of steam. It is she who gives full meaning to the improvement of the airflow.
Remains a problem known to the owners of the "normal" Cubis and found here. During the first taffs, we get a quite pronounced gurgling, even with a "light" priming and rising liquid in the mouth can happen. The phenomenon gradually settles and eventually disappears after a few minutes of vape. Pity…
I advise you to also provide a good big bottle of juice on you because the Cubis Pro drinks about as much as a cowboy saloon around the corner.
Recommendations for use
- With which type of mod is it advisable to use this product? Electronic
- With which mod model is it advisable to use this product? The Evic VTwo Mini seems appropriate but other choices are possible.
- With which type of EJuice is it advisable to use this product? All liquids without problem
- Description of the test configuration used: Vaporflask Stout + Cubis + Notch Coil Resist 0.25, Clapton 1.5, SS 0.5.
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Evic VTwo Mini + Cubis Pro + Resistance SS 0.5 between 25 and 30W
was the product liked by the reviewer: Bof, this is not the craze
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.1 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The bet committed by Joyetech to offer a Cubis with an improved airflow is required. It works and it opens interesting perspectives of versatility! But this is not held at the level that could be expected. The principle of the air intake from the top is a brake to the good cooling of the coils and affects the use of the product under the conditions provided by the manufacturer. This is probably the price to pay for a leak-free atomizer?
Nevertheless, an intermediate solution should be able to see the day and solve once for all this problem of excessive temperature of the steam. The resistances work, the ato works but the airflow, although improved, is still not up to the rest.
This means that the Cubis Pro Plus is for novice or intermediate vapers than for experienced or expert vapers. Yes, direct inhalation is possible provided you are not too greedy in the use of too low resistance or power too high. But the flange of the airflow reminds us quickly to calmer and less cloudy vapes.
Still, the Cubis Pro is a good clearomizer. The flavors are interesting, the steam is not left behind. But a future version, more thoughtful, could probably make it the ultimate tool for a nomadic and safe vape.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.