- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: myvapors
- Price of the tested product: 29.99 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Entry level (from 1 to 35 euros)
- Atomizer type: Clearomizer
- Number of resistances allowed: 1
- Resistance type: Non-rebuildable owners with temperature control
- Type of wicks supported: Cotton
- Quantity in milliliters announced by the manufacturer: 3.5
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
After a year 2016 rich in new and successful Joyetech continues on this early start 2016. Indeed, two new products are appearing in the catalog already very rich Chinese giant. The Cuboid, a new box which I will review later and the Cubis a clearomizer guaranteed without leakage through the connection. We have all experienced leaks through the airflow or even the 510 connector. I even destroyed an M60 by flooding it with an ETS from Aspire. So I am quite sensitive to this argument. This characteristic implies an interesting innovation that we will discover together.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22.2
- Length or height of the product in mms as it is sold, but without its drip tip if it is present, and regardless of the length of the connection: 60
- Weight in grams of the product as sold, with its drip tip if it is present: 52
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Pyrex
- Form Factor Type: Nautilus
- Number of component parts without screws and washers: 5
- Number of threads: 3
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Number of O-rings, Drip-Tip excluded: 3
- Quality of O-rings present: Good
- O-ring positions: Top Cap - Tank, Bottom Cap - Tank, Other
- Capacity in milliliters actually usable: 3.5
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The design of the Cubis is simple, uncluttered, this design gives lightness and fluidity to this atomizer. The body is stainless steel, the Pyrex tank seems a little exposed but it does not undergo excessive tension, note in passing that the tank is not replaceable. The threads are quite in the norm. The first one is on the top cap, it allows to dismount the 510 port of the drip-tp. The second is between the top cap and the tank, and the last on the chimney, it allows to screw the owner resistance, because yes the Cubis only works with new resistors Joyetech. A laser engraving on the top of the tank in thick letters names the clearomizer. Another, more fine, indicates the maximum level of liquid admissible by the tank. And finally at the bottom of the tank we find the brand: Joyetech.
Available in: black, silver, red, anthracite, white, gold and cyan it will be difficult not to find the color for an ideal wedding with your box or mod.
A product with attractive physique with a qualitative feeling quite correct. Joyetech serves us a serious product and well done.
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive pad of the battery or the mod on which it will be installed
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes, but only fixed
- Diameter in mms maximum of the air regulation possible: 10
- Minimum diameter in mms of the air regulation possible: 2
- Positioning of the air regulation: Positioning of the adjustable air regulation effectively
- Spray chamber type: Conventional / reduced
- Heat dissipation of the product: Normal
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The Cubis has a fixed 510 connection, as it is a clearomizer with proprietary resistors there is not much to describe. The main feature of Cubis comes from its tank that prohibits any leakage from the bottom, this aspect is reinforced by the position of the airflow in the top cap, so in theory the risk of leakage is very limited. This verifies I had no leaks, possibly a little condensation at the airflow and again. So on this point the bet is won, it's a bit strange at first dismount when you realize that the resistance makes contact with the bottom of the tank, but it works great.
Joyetech offers three resistors in its pack, they allow to have three types of vape. A summary table advises you on the optimal use of these resistors, it gives you the mode and power that make the most of these consumables.
The airflow is of course adjustable, it can go from an aerial vape to tight in a simple and effective way, even if I find a defect that I will expose you later.
A simple but innovative clearomizer, I know, it sounds a little contradictory said like that, but yet that's exactly it, the solution found to limit the risk of leakage is simple, but it was necessary to think about it.
- Drip tip type: 510 Only
- Presence of a Drip-Tip? Yes, the vaper can immediately use the product
- Length and type of drip-tip present: Medium
- Quality of the present drip-tip: Good
Reviewer's comments on the Drip-Tip
I want to say that Joyetech offers us, as for most of its clearomizers, a duet of drip-tip. The first metal-covered plastic to the overall color of the ato and the second transparent. They both hold very well, the design is very simple and goes well with the Cubis. Nothing transcendent but it is very suitable.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
As is often the case, Joyetech is an example. Not that the box is exceptional, it is in the spirit of the products of the range, simple and effective. But where the brand stands out is that it offers a complete package. The three types of resistors are provided, the notice is in French, we are also given this summary which informs about the behavior of these consumables according to the chosen mode of vape. Finally, not one, but two drip-tips. Joyetech is as usual in the serious, it guides the users explicitly and this allows him to deserve a high level of confidence.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with mod of test configuration: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing in the street, with a simple tissue paper
- Filling facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Facilities for changing resistances: Easy, even standing in the street
- Is it possible to use this product throughout the day with several vials of EJuice? Yes perfectly
- Was there leak after one day of use? No
- In the event of leaks during the tests, descriptions of the situations in which they occur:
Note from Vapelier on the ease of use: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
First the Cubis is rather compact, the capacity of 3,5 ml may seem low, but on the contrary the filling is very simple, we unscrew the entire drip-tip / top cap, chimney / resistance and there, we fill his tank live with the bottle, no need for a pipette. Just two points: do not exceed the maximum limit and close the airflow to prevent the resistance is engulfed too much when diving into the juice.
The adjustment of the airflow in the high position is very accessible so very easy, but because there is one but, I would have liked a marking of the closed and open position. The airflow is invisible so it's hard to know where we are. I think it's a common mistake, both on the airflow and the arrival of juice settings on many clearomizers and atomizers of the moment.
I will even push the cap, Joyetech advises us on the use of the resistors, if it had graduated its adjustment of airflow, it could have, besides advising us the ideal position with each of the heads. I know, I'm fussy, but I find that there, almost the ideal product, even for a beginner, since he would know the procedure to follow from A to Z to get the best performance and in fact, vape in total confidence .
As for the rendering of flavors, this clearomiser is very well defended, the volume of steam is very correct. The interview is also super simple because the Cubis disassemble entirely.
Recommendations for use
- With which type of mod is it advisable to use this product? Electronics AND Mechanics
- With which mod model is it advisable to use this product? box with TC
- With which type of EJuice is it advisable to use this product? I do not recommend it for 100% VG fluids
- Description of the test configuration used: cubis plus jus ranging from 60 / 40 to 20 / 80
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A boxTC
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.7 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Joyetech shines for a few months in these boxes, but in terms of atomizers it's a little different. The brand offers products that work properly but are not really distinguishable from competitors. With the Cubis gives it changes. By looking for a system to curb the risk of flight from the bottom, Joyetech makes us a near-perfect copy. The Cubis is effective, offers an exemplary flavor rendering for this type of proprietary resistance atomizer. I took a real pleasure to use this clearomizer, while I vape almost only rebuildable oriented sub ohm.
The package proposed by the Chinese brand is complete, it is ideal even for beginners because the records are clear and complete.
So the copy is not perfect, no rebuildable resistance, a pyrex tank that will not be replaceable in case of breakage, and a lack of mark for the adjustment of airflow are the main complaints that I will make this product. It is still a material that respects its basic promise (reduced risk of leakage), which offers a nice and tasty vape, a simple use within the reach of all and all for less than 30 €, I say top ato in the category clearomiseur post débutant.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.