- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Buybest
- Price of the tested product: 20.85 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Entry level (from 1 to 40 euros)
- Mod type: Classic drums
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 50 W (manufacturer data)
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Not applicable
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Joyetech and the AIO concept (All In One), it's already a long story dotted with successes but also sometimes failures. Even for the inveterate geek, difficult to make history so genealogy is dense! We especially remember that the concept of putting everything in one and the same object is a grail dear to the brand and the obstinacy to find the best compromise still strength admiration.
Today, therefore place the CuAIO D22 which, with his robot name in Star Wars, is invited on the test bench.
We are facing a very small tubular object including a battery, a clearomiser and a switch. No screen, no settings, no blahs, simple and effective! The temptation is then great to stick a label "primo-cap" on the head but it would be totally false. Indeed, as we will not fail to see below, the rendering of vape is relatively far from the concerns of a beginner and address the CuAIO rather intermediate or confirmed vaper needing a discreet set-up.
The price, at our sponsor, revolves around 20 €, which puts the kit in pole position of e-cig shopping. For this price, we have a sexy object, discreet and the name of the Chinese giant as a guarantee not to fall on a ugly duckling.
Go, zou, under the microscope, let's see what the little one has in the belly!
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 22
- Product Length or Height in mm: 93
- Product weight in grams: 95
- Material composing the product: Steel, Aluminum, Pyrex, Plastic
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral to 1 / 3 of the tube relative to the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 0
- Quality of the threads: Not applicable on this mod - Absence of no screws
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
On the aesthetic side, Joyetech knows how to do it. Far from the manga or android delusions of other specialists, the brand provides a classic and classy design made of brushed aluminum and touches of black that make our CuAIO an object of desire. The small size is quite remarkable and the grip remains good, even if the use of the thumb for the support on the switch is favored because it is necessary the other fingers to hold the small tube as it should.
The weight is very low too and the diameter of 22mm does not have the impression of having a pen in the hand. The general aspect will certainly please the old vape who liked to use mock mods in 18350. In any case, it is very successful and the mix of materials: steel, brushed aluminum and pyrex is the most beautiful effect.
The proprietary battery displays a reassuring 1500mAh of capacity. It will probably not be the nirvana for the clouders but it will be enough to vape nomadically without appearing to lug a nuclear bomb 10 kilotons.
One button for firing and everything will go through it for the reduced or rather essential features of the product.
On the bottom cap, there is, surrounded by usual screen printing, a safety vent to allow degassing of the battery in case of problems.
Opposite the switch, we notice the micro USB port that will be used to recharge the battery. Cash 1A, it will therefore count 90 minutes for a full recharge at this intensity.
At the top is the clearomizer that will welcome and allow the vaporization of your favorite e-liquids. It remains in Cubis optics and uses PRO-C BF 0.6Ω resistors, compatible with other home devices. A resistance presented as calibrated for MTL but, unless the Chinese have a bigger mouth than we Europeans, I doubt a little of the reality of this postulate. We will talk about it later.
The resistance will work between 15W and 28W, which does not mean much for the CuAIO which, for lack of settings, will send anyway what he wants ...
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: Owner
- Adjustable positive plot? Not applicable, all-inclusive kit.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Operating indicators
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: Not applicable.
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The functionalities are reduced to the essentials and are limited to allowing the device to be turned on or off by five clicks on the switch. In addition, the switch is also used to vape, which is the least you can agree.
The most interesting and innovative aspect lies in the filling of the clearomizer. It is equipped with a top-cap including a child safety. It is clear that it works pretty well. Indeed, the airflow ring not only serves to manage the flow of air entering the resistance, as it is his duty but it is also used to lock / unlock the top-cap. When you completely close the airflow, two screen-printed arrows come in line, meaning that you can push the top-cap that will tilt, revealing well-sized filling holes. Then, when you're done, you just have to re-switch the top-cap and push it back to the outer edge and then you're done.
I presume that with the help of the photos above, you will understand the principle that is much simpler to execute than to explain. In any case, it is well thought out and no risk that your children do not discover the ploy. If they found it anyway, you can immediately enroll them in a school for gifted!
In the safety chapter, there is the presence of a short-circuit protection, a cut-off to protect the atomizer from overheating and a cut-off system when the battery charge is lower than 3.3V. The system also monitors the value of the resistors and will prevent the CuAIO from operating if it is greater than 3.5Ω or less than 0.2Ω.
The switch is also used as an indicator of the state of charge of the battery. Between 60 and 100%, it stays on for a few seconds after using it. Between 30 and 59%, it flashes slowly. Between 10 and 29%, it flashes faster. Between 0 and 9%, it flashes the cash register and below 0%, well, it does not blink at all !!! Although very visual, this system is not very practical in reality. A simple tricolor led green / yellow / red would have done well ...
And this closes the chapter of features that are as small as the moods of a stockbroker. But the CuAIO is made to vape and that, it does rather well ...
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
We have here the standard package from Joyetech with the eternal white card, including a charging cable, a warranty card, a yellow card to explain that you have to empty the tank before changing the resistance (thank you guys!) and a bag of spares with spare gaskets, an extra pyrex and a 510 drip-tip that can be clipped onto the owner's drip-tip included on the ato.
We note the presence of a notice that speaks several languages including that of Molière but a little less well than him. I do not resist, mean as I am, to give you this chosen piece: "Please choose good batteries from reputable companies". A literary must therefore, especially that the battery of the CuAIO can not be changed ... Finally, if the letter is not there, the spirit is there and we can thank Joyetech for gratifying us each time with polyglot notices.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Not easy, even taking time
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Sold as a MTL kit, CuAIO is not. Once you understand this, you can enjoy the object for what it really is and discover a round vape, quite accurate in flavor and generous enough steam. Indeed, the resistance 0.6Ω and the airflow which is allotted to him does not allow a tight draw. The draw is also not hyper-air, do not make me say what I did not say! 😉 Let's say we have a limited air draw, including obscuring the airhole but allowing the DTL without any problem. This is not a kit that can be recommended to a beginner.
On the other hand, it will make the happiness of an intermediate vaper who wishes to have more steam or to put himself gently to the DTL and he will perfectly be able to a confirmed vaper which will find there a tool easy to take in hand and to take away during his day of job.
The rendering of vape is quite close to that of a Cubis, liquid splashes less and remains tasty and vaporous. A rendering quite honorable if it relates to the kit price which is, I remind you, twenty euros.
No problem comes enamel the proper use of the set-up. No heating, no leaks either because the airflow is positioned on the top of the ato and autonomy that corresponds well to nomadic use, not too far anyway a computer just in case ...
A slight downside all the same, it is better to reserve liquids whose rate of vegetable glycerin is not too important. In 50 / 50 or even 40 / 60, it is very good and responsive but quickly runs out of steam if you exceed 60% of VG and starts generating some dry-hits.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? As is
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Compulsory with the one included in the kit
- Description of the test configuration used: The kit as is
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: With e-liquids in 50 / 50
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Inexpensive, small, cute and reliable to use, the CuAIO does not suffer from any major defect.
On the condition, however, to reserve it to non-novice vapers who will appreciate it for its small size, its natural disposition to make a pretty steam and its small mod mecca cute aspect!
A nice surprise that this offspring of a large family, who takes full heritage by adding a side "cute" worthy of the Puss in Shreck!
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.