- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: LCA
- Price of the tested product: 29.90 €
- Product category based on sales price: Entry level (from 1 to 40 €)
- Mod type: Classic drums
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 1.0
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The Sigelei brand is not an unknown. Indeed, this Chinese brand has had some pretty small commercial success in France but it has always remained in the background despite a good reputation.
One of the new range points to have for any manufacturer worthy of the name right now is the "starter kit to pods". The Compak A1 kit is perfectly in line with this trend.
A classic battery of 1100 mah, a 2ml pod equipped with 1.6Ω resistance, a price around 30 €, it seems that all the ingredients are there to integrate perfectly into this "family".
Let's go for the presentation of this new kit made by Sigelei.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 12.3
- Product Length or Height in mm: 88
- Product weight in grams: 50
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, Delrin
- Form Factor Type: Flange
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Medium
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Can do better and I'll tell you why
- Fire button position: Lateral near bottom-cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 0
- Quality of the threads: Not applicable on this mod - Absence of no screws
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The Compak A1 is, as its name suggests, very compact. It adopts a metal case look like that of a small box for fine cigarettes, especially when the mouthpiece is folded.
It therefore takes the form of a small flat rectangular box (12mm thick). One of the sides is flat, it hosts at its base a fairly large rectangle switch. This plastic switch is a little clicky, it is reactive and does not suffer from any lack of adjustment.
Always on the same side, there is the center micro-USB port for reloading the small box.
In contrast, the other "small side", it takes a curved shape to provide good ergonomics, we distinguish on the upper part a small rectangular skylight that shows the airflow system of our pod.
The two large faces are totally uniform and smooth, no frills, we stay on something very uncluttered.
The upper part accommodates the refillable 2ml pod, all transparent smoked plastic, it has the special feature of a small retractable mouthpiece that is deployed with a small square button.
Note that the pod is maintained in a correct manner. Indeed, we sometimes realize that the implementation is a little rough because of the shape of the pod that sees its contact pads are on an inclined plane. This is not necessarily the most effective positioning from my point of view.
This kit shines by its sobriety, its compactness and its lightness, the overall qualitative impression is rather good, considering the tariff level.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: Owner
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the atomizer's positive pad if it allows it
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Indicators of operation
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via micro-Usb
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 0.1
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
On this point, things will be fast.
Our Compak is a starter kit in its purest form. No setting, the box behaves like a classic Ego battery.
No screen, we are on the simple, only the fire button illuminates when it is activated, it is also through this lighting that our box will warn us of a possible problem.
The reload is done using the micro-Usb port, it is good to note that our box does not offer, alas, pass-through function.
As for the pod, here too, there is little to know.
It can only be put in one way, no risk of error and the filling is done from above by removing a small plastic plug.
That's all there is to say, the Compak A1 is a simple product, intended for the first-time vapoteur and, well, it adopts all the codes.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Our Compak arrives in a rather simple white box whose upper face gives a glimpse of our kit thanks to a large "window" made of transparent plastic. Distributed on the different faces, we find the name of the product, the brand, the normative logos and on the back, the content of the pack.
Inside our kit is a USB cable and a record translated into several languages including French.
A simple package but quite in step with a basic product, cheap.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The Compak A1 is very practical and easy to use.
Its compactness allows you to slide it in most of your pockets without it being seen more than that, it is typically the kind of set-up adapted to nomadic and discreet use.
The pod fills easily, just remove the small silicone cap, be careful not to lose it because there is only one! The capacity of 2ml is well adapted, you will not have to fill the pod too often (2 times in the day).
The pod must be perfectly put in place otherwise the contact is not made and, as I said above, this is not always the case the first time.
The start or stop is done by 5 pressures on the switch, a classic. Once en route, press the small square button to deploy the drip-tip.
The vape that provides this kit is quite in the standards of this type of gear. An MLT style vape with reasonable steam output. The feeling flavor is rather correct, it is not an absolute precision but for simple liquids, it's perfect.
The battery is 1100mah and is charging in 1h30 approximately, a pity that the reload function is not pass-through. She is able to ensure a "little day". A primo-vapoteur kit rather convenient to carry and use.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Classic fiber
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? You can only use the pod of course
- Description of the test configuration used: As is
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: as is
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
This little kit is rather practical and pleasant. His look is simple and discreet. Its size allows you to slip it everywhere and its featherweight will make you forget its presence in your pockets.
The refillable 2ml pod should last for about 10 days using low-LV fluids.
The battery of 1100 mAh is adapted, it recharges in 1h30 but impossible to use it when it is connected.
The price is competitive and we know that Sigelei products are generally reliable.
So we will say that it looks a lot like what is already done and that it does not bring anything new but it works rather well, which is already in itself, a good thing. Perfect for beginners, this product adds to the already substantial list of Pod systems, but does not stand out from the competition.
A good choice if you are about to get started and meet him on your way. Bonus little info, the pods are sold for the moment by three for an amount between 7 and 10 €.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.