- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The little vaper
- Price of the tested product: 54.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Voltage and variable power electronics with temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 50 watts
- Maximum voltage: 7
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Cloupor is upgrading one of its biggest hits: the mini. The first had shone by its compactness, 30 watts and 18650 battery, but many reliability issues had tainted his image.
The mini plus takes the physics of the previous version, and offers 50 watts and TC. Given the many competitors in this sector, hope that Cloupor will have taken more care of this new version or else I am afraid that the youngest can hardly do its place.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 37
- Product Length or Height in mms: 78
- Product weight in grams: 160
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini - IStick type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? Yes
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, not the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? No
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 2.2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
So first point no aesthetic change, There is a better quality of the painting. The black version is very pretty metallic and seems more resistant than the previous one even if it takes the finger marks. Be careful however, this coating will easily scratch, the skin provided with will be essential to keep the appearance intact.
The skin will also serve to properly hold the hood in place because the magnets are not powerful enough. It's a pity, a first bad point while technically it's still not complicated to ensure the holding of this kind of room.
The stainless 510 connection and its spring-loaded pin should be less fragile than the old brass one. When we lift the hood that hides the heart of the beautiful is not Jojo. Large patties of hardened glue, welds a little fair (the maximum amperage 20A must still be careful) and the pine is really not very reassuring. There, suddenly, we see that things have not really changed.
A little positive anyway, the OLED screen and correct and different buttons well adjusted and responsive.
I can already tell you that Cloupor did not put the odds on his side to get back into the race, and I already have in mind at least one competitor model that is much better in terms of manufacturing quality.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff, Fixed protection against overheating of the resistors of the atomizer, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware , Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Nothing revolutionary, but a complete box that offers:
A variable power mode that allows you to vape from 1 to 50 watts with a resistance value ranging from 0,1 to 3,5 ohm.
Another variable voltage mode that ranges from 0,5 to 7 volts on the same resistance scale.
Finally a compatible ni200 and titanium TC mode, which will propose to vary the temperature of 100 to 315 ° C on a resistor whose value will be between 0,1 to 0,5 ohm for ni200 and 0,8 for the max in titanium. A manipulation allows to calibrate your resistance, and you can let the box manage the power in joule with the auto mode or you yourself adjust this power limit.
The screen offers the usual information of this kind of box (volt, resistance, charge accus ...). The box is safe because here too the usual security is there.
Finally a puff time counter completes the arsenal.
A priori Cloupor mini + all that is needed where it is needed (in terms of regulation and security), so let's go to the test of Vape.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The package and correct, the colorful box hides the box, a silicone skin, the VIP card, the USB cable (reel please), spare magnets (although in my case the magnets do not seem suitable) and finally a notice. Notice in English or Chinese, Cloupor visibly does not want to facilitate the task, it will be up to you to translate. In the end it is correct and fitting with the class in which evolves this mini +.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? Yes
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Indeed the TC mode has a problem, the temperature protection seems non-existent. Several videos and testimonies circulate to indicate that on a dry cotton the box sends anyway and burns the wick. Which is simply unacceptable, the CT mode is supposed to prevent the dry hits and there, obviously, it is not the case.
A nice box for everyday life, a pity that the electronics are not fully developed.
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The mini is well mini, so its nomadic use is no problem. The orders are relatively simple even if the lack of info in French complicates a little start.
The Vape in power mode or variable voltage is completely consistent with what we are entitled to expect. The resulting Vape is quite correct.
But as said above the TC is not advisable because one can undergo a dry hit when in theory it is not possible.
The box has a little autonomy but it has the reloading via micro USB and the latter is pass through.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A classic fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm mounting, Rebuildable Genesis type metal mesh mount, Rebuildable Genesis type metal wick mount
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? the choice is vast in view of the characteristics so your favorite ato
- Description of the test configuration used: TFv4 mini on rba single coil, Isub Apex
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: hard to say, just avoid TC
was the product liked by the reviewer: Bof, this is not the craze
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 3.3 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The Cloupor mini, this small box that had generated a lot of enthusiasm when it came to the market. Small and powerful at the time it came to compete with the Istick by bringing a share of 18650 exchangeable battery. But the party had been interrupted by numerous technical incidents. A V2 had corrected part of the defects but not all.
Since other boxes have arrived on this niche, with powers revised upwards and most of all, most today, board the TC.
Cloupor therefore reacts, its mini + goes to 50 watt and it has been equipped with the famous temperature control.
On the aesthetic level no big change, but there is a slight improvement of the finishes conceptually. For the rest we are more perplexed, the circuit still bathes in the glue and the back of the decor at the pine is also not reassuring. Finally, the hood is bad.
At performance level in classic mode everything is OK, but in TC a problem is going around the web and it may stoop the small. In fact, in TC mode it is easy to burn off the first wick, which in theory should not be possible with this type of equipment. It is very unfortunate and I think that Cloupor must react.
I think this small box is very endearing all the same, but if under consider a very next purchase on the category of compact with the TC it will be better to turn to the competition. If you are a lover of the mini you can either offer this one taking into account the remark on the TC, or wait for a possible V2 / that will correct the problem.
Thanks to the Little Vapoteur
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.