- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The little vaper
- Price of the tested product: 54.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Voltage and variable power electronics with temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 50 watts
- Maximum voltage: 7
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The Cloupor mini plus is a super compact electronic box with a capacity of 50W. It also offers us the temperature control for Nickel or Titanium.
It is a mid-range aluminum product that does not weigh very heavily and the glossy black coating, in finish, makes it very classy even if fingerprints are inevitable. But a skin comes with this product, so this concern is minimized.
The screen is clear and the use relatively simple. However, in the chapter "use" below, a focus seemed necessary to me so as not to be wrong.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Product Width or Diameter in mms: 37 x 22
- Product Length or Height in mms: 78
- Product weight in grams: 160
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini - IStick type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? Yes
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Excellent I love this button in every way
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
For the Cloupor Mini, the body is aluminum, which makes it rather light with its small size. I must say that it is a pleasure to have it in hand. Nevertheless, the black metallic paint that covers the body of the beautiful makes it sensitive to fingerprints and will not forgive the slightest scratch that will be visible at first glance. But a skin comes with this box, I strongly advise you to use it to keep it bright
The engravings are simple and sober on the front cover while the rear cover is magnetized to allow the insertion of the accumulator. Although magnets are effective, it is very easy ... too easy to move with the thumb while steaming. Maybe there is a lack of restraint at this level?
I regret that the box is not equipped with vent large enough for ventilation, allowing to cool a little battery in case of heating. There is a mini hole in the box but it will not be enough for that.
In the belly of the beast, all the glue that served to maintain the cache has taken off.
The screen: I found it perfectly clear and well organized in this information. A distribution probably common to many boxes in the market but still effective.
As for the switch and interface buttons, they are perfect, very responsive and in total agreement with the aesthetics of this Mini plus.
The pin is spring loaded and fits very well with all tested atomizers (5 in total).
In the end, an average quality that falls within the price range proposed for this product.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Variable protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of his firmware
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
As for the features of this box, there are three types of modes:
The first, in power mode: pressing 3 seconds on the "-" and the switch, you have on the screen the main values that are displayed in Watt. Values range from 0 to 50W for resistances between 0,1 and 3,5 ohms.
Pressing "-" again and the switch switches to variable voltage mode, the display shows the voltage you are steaming, the values displayed are from 0,5 to 7V for resistances between 0,1 and 3,5 ohms.
Finally, in the same way you switch to Temperature Control mode. The box only offers nickel over a range of values between 100 ° C and 300 ° C or 200 ° F and 600 ° F, with resistance values ranging from 0,1 to 0,5 ohm. To change to Titanium, after choosing the temperature mode, press 3 seconds on the "+" and "-" until you can read "Set resistance Ni = 0.184Ω" or "Set resistance Ti = 0.183Ω" so you set the chosen wire (Ni or Ti). For the values, it is a calibration which can vary according to the value of the joules chosen.
ATTENTION for the function "temperature control", it is imperative to calibrate the appropriate joules otherwise you risk having totally erroneous values and the CT function will not work properly.
You risk: to burn your wick, to have a bad value of resistance, to vip in power mode by visualizing degrees Celsius or not being able to vape at all. For this setting, ON the CT function, simultaneously press "+" and the switch during 3 seconds, then vary the values in Joule from 10 to 50J or automatically.
Finally, we find the usual error messages such as: check Atomizer, Shorted, low resistance, 2ohm,
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is fitting with the price range in which this product evolves.
A rigid cardboard box in which is inserted a foam to protect the box. There is a very useful skin to accessorize your Cloupor Mini plus, a cable UBS on a winder that is practical, 4 small magnets, a VIP card with the serial number of the box and a notice in English and Chinese only. If you had thought of learning a new language, this is the right time.
I just regret that this notice is not transcribed in French because it would surely avoid amalgam with similar products that are not used in the same way so we better understand why some find failures that do not exist on this product ! But I advise you to read my appreciation in use to better understand this Cloupor mini which is debate on the net with temperature control problems that are usually only problems of settings.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use, this box is a small wonder, it fits perfectly in the hand and the given values seem quite accurate.
For my first test, I admit I have not read the record or at least not have translated. I did my editing Kanthal and used the functions described above, everything is perfect and this mini is a miniature bomb.
Where things went wrong was when I made my Nickel montage. WITHOUT READING THE NOTICE, I threw myself in the mouth of the wolf, I chose the function Temperature in degree Celsius and I wanted to vape ... Oops! My 0.19Ω resistance had on the box a value of 0.56Ω! Moreover without the wick at 250 ° C my thread began to blush, something that should absolutely not happen with the CT. After having pestered many times, I concluded that this box did not work with the temperature control function (See attached photo).
Being very stubborn and persevering (note: oh how much!), a fault that suits me only I grant you, it still allows me to give you a small advantage. It is necessary to always read, translate and understand a notice before staying on its achievements. Now, I understand in the manual, that on the temperature control, there are a lot of small auxiliary settings that must be adapted to this function for the box behaves Normally.
OK, this is not done on the other boxes but it is not a reason to say that it has a defect. Its only fault is to have to adjust the temperature mode, the joules and the choice of the wire on which we will vape. Is it a rhédibitoire defect? Not in my opinion! Cloupor has made this choice with its proprietary chipset by offering a tuning panel sharper than others at the risk of inducing the consumer who will not read the record in error. It's a choice and not a defect.
I am attaching the photo made with the same editing and the necessary settings made after my choice of CT mode
On the other hand, to vape on the control of temperature suitably, I regret that this is not done directly without having to handle all these settings but rest assured that these manipulations are done only once after the establishment of your resistance .
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, Dripper Bottom Feeder, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? All in diameter 22mm
- Description of the test configuration used: test with nectar Tank with Ni200 for resistances of 0.18 ohm then in kanthal with resistance of 1,2 ohms and dripper Haze in kanthal at 0.5 ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: there is none in particular
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
I will certainly not make friends but if I say that this Cloupor Mini plus is a true wonder but I assume!
After having lamentably planted on the temperature control during my first test, I advise Internet users who have encountered problems with this box, read the notice first, then my comments on the characteristics and use and finally re-test their Cloupor Mini Plus.
Of course it is easy to be wrong, I do not throw stone at anyone. The temperature control is not used by simply setting the temperature mode, but by adjusting ALSO all the settings dependent on this mode with the joules and the chosen wire, it is written in the manual: "Please calibrate the coil under normal temperature »« after calibrate atomizer ... »« To adjust joule ... »
After my first mistake, I spent nearly 10 days to vaper on this box without having noticed any concern in temperature control, Even if the settings protocol is not very orthodox, I must tell you about a positive conclusion on a product that works perfectly well with correct values and all on a template mini and very elegant.
In my opinion, Cloupor has won half its bet for the improvement of its product. All that remains is to make sure that the temperature control mode is not accessible only after the settings. It is an ambiguity that still major on this product and that's why I do not put it in top mod and it's a shame.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.